Winter Advisory Snowflakes Accumulating

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Studcradle

Winter Advisory Snowflakes Accumulating

Postby Studcradle » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:57 am

I don’t mean the ones falling from the sky and closing schools or canceling tournaments. Just read where a Dad doesn’t want predictions on the forum because it might hurt someone’s feelings if some random user guesses results. Looking at actual results submitted thus far I would guess that Dad doesn’t like those being published either. We are in a time when schools and newspapers are reluctant to publish the honor roll because little Johnny didn’t make it and being left out will emotionally scar the little fella. How close are we to the end of competitive sports? Keeping score and declaring a winner may bruise delicate children and their helicopter parents. Gone are the days of working in the off-season to improve. Get yourself a snowblower before the snowflakes take over your town.

Bearhugger

Re: Winter Advisory Snowflakes Accumulating

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Studcradle wrote:I don’t mean the ones falling from the sky and closing schools or canceling tournaments. Just read where a Dad doesn’t want predictions on the forum because it might hurt someone’s feelings if some random user guesses results. Looking at actual results submitted thus far I would guess that Dad doesn’t like those being published either. We are in a time when schools and newspapers are reluctant to publish the honor roll because little Johnny didn’t make it and being left out will emotionally scar the little fella. How close are we to the end of competitive sports? Keeping score and declaring a winner may bruise delicate children and their helicopter parents. Gone are the days of working in the off-season to improve. Get yourself a snowblower before the snowflakes take over your town.

With all of the peeing going on down the legs of today's youth, "Yellow Snow" is on the rise.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

JustSomeone

Postby JustSomeone » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Studcradle wrote:I don’t mean the ones falling from the sky and closing schools or canceling tournaments. Just read where a Dad doesn’t want predictions on the forum because it might hurt someone’s feelings if some random user guesses results. Looking at actual results submitted thus far I would guess that Dad doesn’t like those being published either. We are in a time when schools and newspapers are reluctant to publish the honor roll because little Johnny didn’t make it and being left out will emotionally scar the little fella. How close are we to the end of competitive sports? Keeping score and declaring a winner may bruise delicate children and their helicopter parents. Gone are the days of working in the off-season to improve. Get yourself a snowblower before the snowflakes take over your town.

Did you just honestly just try and use results from a user's son in an attempt to shame him? That is most certainly what you alluded to. It seems we are also seeing a rise in people who lack class, which is another reason why most coaches and wrestlers use this site as the butt of their jokes.

oroyos

Postby oroyos » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:57 pm

JustSomeone wrote:

Did you just honestly just try and use results from a user's son in an attempt to shame him? That is most certainly what you alluded to. It seems we are also seeing a rise in people who lack class, which is another reason why most coaches and wrestlers use this site as the butt of their jokes.

Just give little Johnny a trophy !

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:26 am

JustSomeone how do you want the trophy labeled? Sand in my panties, I survived a swirly, or #1 Snowflake.

No names were mentioned, the title of the tread alone should have given you an idea of the content.

You just clicked it so you could read it of course, but in doing this, you found it uncomfortable, this is obvious by you trying to insert words into his post.

Your reply is exactly what a snow person, sorry don't want to be gender biased, would retort. Thanks for helping us all understand what Studcradle was implying.

Studcradle you are spot on! Our country is in the middle of a new age, sure hope some men make it out of the quagmire!
Rodney James
HS Wrestling Fan GO SOUTH!!

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:42 am

No offense to our ladies on the forum. Our country would not exist if it wasn't for Strong Women keeping us savages in check.

Just a little tired of all the man hating. Seems like now days NBC, CBS, ABC only want to show us feminized males, or same sex relationships.

Sounds trivial I know, but when raised with Dirty Harry, Steel Curtain, the Duke, James Bond, Jim Rockford, Fred Sandford, Archie Bunker, and the men of those days. Seeing these frilly, pretty, metrosexual creations of today is disgraceful to me. Call me an old fuddy, or whatever you want. Just my two Cents! I earned my two cents, serving this country abroad, the last time I checked I still Have The Right of FREE SPEECH.

My intention was not to insult, if I did, it was not intentional.
Rodney James
HS Wrestling Fan GO SOUTH!!

JustSomeone

Postby JustSomeone » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:56 am

So this is what this site has become? We have users very clearly attempting to shame a user and the user's wrestling son by trying to use the wrestler's actual results, and we have people here defending it. Apparently being against shaming a wrestler makes me a snowflake. Shame on all of you, bunch of keyboard warriors who don't have a clue. Shaming a wrestler is a classless move, defending it is even worse. Be better, all of you. Keep the wrestlers out of your pissing contest.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:16 pm

rodneyjwv wrote:No offense to our ladies on the forum. Our country would not exist if it wasn't for Strong Women keeping us savages in check.

Just a little tired of all the man hating. Seems like now days NBC, CBS, ABC only want to show us feminized males, or same sex relationships.

Sounds trivial I know, but when raised with Dirty Harry, Steel Curtain, the Duke, James Bond, Jim Rockford, Fred Sandford, Archie Bunker, and the men of those days. Seeing these frilly, pretty, metrosexual creations of today is disgraceful to me. Call me an old fuddy, or whatever you want. Just my two Cents! I earned my two cents, serving this country abroad, the last time I checked I still Have The Right of FREE SPEECH.

My intention was not to insult, if I did, it was not intentional.

And to keep these comments relevant to the forum, both Fred Sanford and Archie Bunker were both former high school wrestlers.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:54 pm

JustSomeone wrote:So this is what this site has become? We have users very clearly attempting to shame a user and the user's wrestling son by trying to use the wrestler's actual results, and we have people here defending it.... Shaming a wrestler is a classless move, defending it is even worse. Be better, all of you. Keep the wrestlers out of your pissing contest.

Studcradle wrote: It seems we are also seeing a rise in people who lack class, which is another reason why most coaches and wrestlers use this site as the butt of their jokes.

Well, I read this forum and it may seem to appear that it has devolved into some sort of anarchy. If a reader finds a post objectionable, try reporting it. I have searched for the above alluded to posts and can't find them.

Click on the "!" icon above the post to report it, and tell me what about the post you find objectionable.
------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

Return to “High School Wrestling”