PS, EF, FS at University Friday, 12/21

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
wrestlingfan23202

Re: PS, EF, FS at University Friday, 12/21

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:43 pm

Frazier has the heart of champion! And a great kid too! Pretty dominant the whole match

aaacoach42

Postby aaacoach42 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:10 pm

So who won the Frazier Haga match?

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Gator wrote:
J.W. wrote:Red hoodie was dirty, did not get dry in time. Check for guy with no hoodie.

J.W., so you’re the one stirring trouble on here?

No just found it all funny, so figured that is why the guy wasn't where he said he would be.

Gator

Postby Gator » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:52 pm

Saw several ladies in red hoodies and guys started to worry. :lol:
Moderator WV Mat

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:23 pm

South didn't wrestle University?
Rodney James
HS Wrestling Fan GO SOUTH!!

JennyHannan

Postby JennyHannan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:50 am

Yes, results are up, although in my haste to get the results into a waiting newspaper, I mistakenly copied and pasted Zach Frazier’s name in for Louden Haga’s in the results.

I’ve sent Doc an email asking him to correct it, and I’ve already apologized on South’s Facebook page.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:03 am

wrestlingfan23202 wrote:Frazier has the heart of champion! And a great kid too! Pretty dominant the whole match

So break this match down for everyone and tell us how one wrestler dominated the other in a 2-1 OT match?
Moderator WV Mat

Gator

Postby Gator » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:12 am

Gator wrote:
wrestlingfan23202 wrote:Frazier has the heart of champion! And a great kid too! Pretty dominant the whole match

So break this match down for everyone and tell us how one wrestler dominated the other in a 2-1 OT match?

Without showing your hatred for South!
Moderator WV Mat

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:47 am

Gator wrote:
Gator wrote:

Frazier controlled the action and attempted more throws and takedowns. In the overtime periods, he was more active in seeking the win. Taking nothing away from Haga... both should have no problem winning state titles in their perspective classes. Two men among boys for sure.

Studcradle

Postby Studcradle » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:25 am

Team scores were lopsided.
Some very good individual matchups.
Saw multiple college coaches in attendance.
Coaches will use it as a learning tool to get the wrestlers better.
None of the kids or fans or coaches seemed to be the least bit concerned about the trauma of predictions or results being posted, maybe there is still hope for this generation.
Anyone who thinks that a 2-1 overtime match was a domination is watching with rose colored glasses but at least he was watching, wrestling needs fans.
Thumbs up to the West fairmont coaches and wrestlers for accepting the invitation to this event. As a team they were not in contention but they accepted the challenge anyway! That’s what wrestling is about in my opinion.
East fairmont 106 looked very good, here’s to hoping that the adults allow him to earn his place on the podium this year.
With east fairmont handling Ripley earlier in the year looks like a rough night might be coming for bearclaw11/justsomeone’s team when South comes to town. Sorry, if that that sounded a little bit like a prediction.

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:28 am

Gator wrote:
Gator wrote:

LOL you south fans crack me up! Anyone at the match besides south fans could see Frazier controlled the match and Frazier was in better shape to be honest. Frazier went for more throws even attempted a takedown. I do have to ask tho why do you south fans think people hate you or jealous of you? trust me we aren’t lol. A little annoying yes but much respect to south and Haga! Haga is a good kid too and wrestler they should both win easy

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:51 am

Not sure it was not a conditioning issue. I'm sure if you were in the room with and working with Braxton as a training partner your conditioning should not be questioned. I did not attend the Match, so with that said. Most good heavyweight matches are chess matches from the opening whistle. What you may call out of shape, may very easily be strategic positioning with of course some heavy breathing these young men are 285lbs of muscle mass that would wear most of us out in seconds. I agree that both of these young Men should be atop the podium come State tournament time. Looking forward to watching them both in action during the State Tournament.

Good luck to all West Virginia Wrestlers entered in the Powerade tournament!

Merry Christmas to all WVMat members and readers!

Praying for good health and safe travels to all this holiday season!
Rodney James
HS Wrestling Fan GO SOUTH!!

WrestlingFan1

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:15 pm

I didn't see the match and while not surprised that Frazier won, I really didn't think he would this early in the season. Haga wrestles year around and practices with Amos, so I thought he would be in much better shape than Frazier, just a few weeks removed from the football field. I guess there are a lot of good wrestlers who are football players first, look what the Spring Valley kid did to Haga last year, pretty sure he's playing football in college now, not sure.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:09 pm

I thought the match went about as expected. Two good big men jousting for position and control. Close match that went to OT. I didn’t see much of advantage one way or the other. Good win and hard work by both and congratulations to Mr Frazier.

By the way 23202, I knew you couldn’t do it!
Moderator WV Mat

Gator

Postby Gator » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:55 pm

Speaking of matches, does anyone know why University’s Staud did not wrestle against South’s Windland in their dual? Would have helped OVAC seeding.
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:49 pm

Gator wrote:Speaking of matches, does anyone know why University’s Staud did not wrestle against South’s Windland in their dual? Would have helped OVAC seeding.

I am not sure but I am sure somebody will bring clarity to my forthcoming statements.

To my understanding, when the OVAC works through their seeding criteria, the "head to head" portion is based on who won the last match.

For example, If Wahoo McDaniels beat Ernie "The Cat" Ladd twice early in the season but then Ernie beat Wahoo in their last meeting, the head to head nod goes to Ernie "The Cat" Ladd despite Wahoo leading the series 2-1.

Whereas Staud and Windland did not meet, I am taking upon myself that the seeding could go back to the last head to head between the two grapplers, which was the 2018 WV state finals.

On the other hand, the match not taking place could be due to another reason.

The one thing I am certain on is that neither Wahoo McDaniels or Ernie "The Cat" Ladd would have missed an opportunity to test their intestinal fortitude against each other.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

FBISURVALINCEVAN1

Postby FBISURVALINCEVAN1 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:14 pm

It looked like Staud originally tweaked his shoulder against Fairmont senior, and again against Rundle from EF.

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:39 pm

FBISURVALINCEVAN1 wrote:It looked like Staud originally tweaked his shoulder against Fairmont senior, and again against Rundle from EF.

Thanks for the input. Hope he gets back quickly 100%!
Moderator WV Mat

Return to “High School Wrestling”