AAA Bear Tracks - January 3, 2019

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Frank

Re: AAA Bear Tracks - January 3, 2019

Postby Frank » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:52 pm

U guys need to have some China One and relax.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:43 pm

JustSomeone wrote:I did not mean to throw disrespect towards all of those who contribute to the polls or those like Bearhugger who compile individual rankings. It takes effort and work. My issue came from from the post about how coaches should teach the values of such polls and how important they are, which they ultimately aren't in terms of the final product. Seems there is a lot of condescension towards coaches/tournament directors from non-involved persons in these forums these days, I know many a coach/parent who scoff at what this place has become.

Then we are on the same page. Most of my wrestlers have heard me say that where someone ranks on a poll has nothing to do with whether or not you can beat him and that goes both ways. Being ranked high does not guarantee a win over a lower opponent anymore than being ranked low means you have already lost to a higher ranked opponent.

I am a little burned out on the trash talk towards tourney directors and coaches myself. I just take it with a grain of salt considering pretty much all of the people who do it use screen names and don't reveal who they really are. I may not always say what people like to hear, but everyone knows who I am. People who trash talk someone while hiding behind a fake name are just keyboard warriors and don't deserve much attention.

Frank wrote:U guys need to have some China One and relax.

I am totally relaxed, but if you are buying I can pretend to be upset :lol:

Frank

Postby Frank » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:36 pm

coach_williams wrote:
JustSomeone wrote:I did not mean to throw disrespect towards all of those who contribute to the polls or those like Bearhugger who compile individual rankings. It takes effort and work. My issue came from from the post about how coaches should teach the values of such polls and how important they are, which they ultimately aren't in terms of the final product. Seems there is a lot of condescension towards coaches/tournament directors from non-involved persons in these forums these days, I know many a coach/parent who scoff at what this place has become.

Then we are on the same page. Most of my wrestlers have heard me say that where someone ranks on a poll has nothing to do with whether or not you can beat him and that goes both ways. Being ranked high does not guarantee a win over a lower opponent anymore than being ranked low means you have already lost to a higher ranked opponent.

I am a little burned out on the trash talk towards tourney directors and coaches myself. I just take it with a grain of salt considering pretty much all of the people who do it use screen names and don't reveal who they really are. I may not always say what people like to hear, but everyone knows who I am. People who trash talk someone while hiding behind a fake name are just keyboard warriors and don't deserve much attention.

Frank wrote:U guys need to have some China One and relax.

I am totally relaxed, but if you are buying I can pretend to be upset :lol:

Buffet would be the only way I could afford to feed you, Let me know when your in town lol

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Justsomeone do you know the meaning of Perspective or context?

You keep saying uninvolved and fans with a lot of energy, saying we are causing a ripple effect across the sea of WV wrestling. You say we are focusing our dislikes at coaches and or tournament directors, please re read the comments. I know I stated that Winners Choice was one of the best in WV, so please don't attempt to put words in my comments, that is rude, will not be tolerated.

As for uninvolved fan, not sure of your age or name but I don't hide behind a screen name. I've followed wrestling since my earliest memories in childhood, I couldn't participate in wrestling due to loosing a testicle when playing Pop Warner football. I have family members on the wall at PHS in wrestling, my son was an excellent wrestler himself, He and I traveled all over the east coast during his youth wrestling, I post as myself, I don't hide behind a screenname, put up my own words, based on my thought process. I was an assistant coach of an American Highschool team while stationed in Belgium, that team traveled throughout Europe wrestling other US military school teams and three international teams from East Germany and Poland they won the small school title 2 of my 3 years. How many titles does your team have in under your direction? I must say I only worked with 172lb wrestlers and below. We had 3 multiple year champions at 138-145-152. I learned more wrestling those couple years in Europe than my entire 20 years before in the USA.

So Justsomeone I may not be an "Active " participant now, but I have 40 years of wrestling in my mind.

Before you launch an offensive against an unknown adversary be aware that adversity could be an iceberg.

hope your wrestlers have a great season coach they are the ones competing. Learn from your losses, make No Excuses!
Rodney James
HS Wrestling Fan GO SOUTH!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”