Sam's 2019 All Class Rankings

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
yosemite_sam

Sam's 2019 All Class Rankings

Postby yosemite_sam » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:27 pm

Enjoy...

-YS
2019 Rankings 010719.pdf
YS All Class 010719
(158.41 KiB) Downloaded 2211 times
Yosemite Sam
sam@wvmat.com

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Re: Sam's 2019 All Class Rankings

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:38 am

120 Johnson-South beat Simpson-UNI 10-4
152 Neale-CM beat Bailey-SA twice 5-2 and
Every result on here has Swisher-Hamp competing at 220
285 Chapman only beat Pomeroy-WW 3-1

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:40 am

Neals scores against Bailey were 5-2 and 7-5

Wvufan1978

Postby Wvufan1978 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:46 am

In 152 Kiszka (Frankfort) has two decision wins over Tyler mason of keyser.

Wvufan1978

Postby Wvufan1978 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:47 am

In 152, Noah Kiszka of frankfort has two decision wins over Tyler Mason of Keyser.

aaacoach90

Postby aaacoach90 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:24 am

TrueSouthFanInPburg wrote:Neals scores against Bailey were 5-2 and 7-5

Bailey beat Neal last. 4-3

aacoach92

Postby aacoach92 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:32 am

FYI: Ben Kee Herbert Hoover pinned Brayden Elswick George Washington at Jason Eades Tournament.
Kee also majored 13-3 Wojciechowicz Bridgeport at the Superior Scholarship Tournament.

Hawksfan123

Postby Hawksfan123 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Thank you for taking the time to put this together, you always do a thorough job and I appreciate it!

Seabass

Postby Seabass » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:22 am

Mikey Jones beat McCartney from Buckhannon

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:36 pm

I've never heard of (or seen a score with ) Brandon Nicholson of Notre Dame.

aacoach117

Postby aacoach117 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:00 pm

mscoach64 wrote:I've never heard of (or seen a score with ) Brandon Nicholson of Notre Dame.

He wrestled 195 for them at the Lewis County Duals and went 5-0. That is the only matches I can find for him. Found those on TrackWrestling.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:08 pm

mscoach64 wrote:I've never heard of (or seen a score with ) Brandon Nicholson of Notre Dame.

He just won the Cameron Invitational at 195. He didn't qualify for states last season at Notre Dame.

He could be a freshman? A transfer? A secret weapon from parts unknown that has been training his whole lifetime in an undisclosed location.

Reference AA/A Bear Tracks - January 8th. #9 at 195 for now and no longer a secret.

If you reference Notre Dame's team page link from the WVMAT regional mat page, you will see that everything at Notre Dame is top secret.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:09 pm

aacoach117 wrote:

He wrestled 195 for them at the Lewis County Duals and went 5-0. That is the only matches I can find for him. Found those on TrackWrestling.

Did Nicholson tangle with Lewis County's Kuhn?

WrestlingFan1

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:14 pm

145-Lusher beat Cook, but Cook listed at #2 and Lusher #3

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:24 pm

WrestlingFan1 wrote:145-Lusher beat Cook, but Cook listed at #2 and Lusher #3

In SV1. Incredible match. Nobody knows what to expect if there is a rematch. All points were scored on takedowns, escapes and reversals. No back points, no violations, no stalling points, no questionable calls and neither wrestler made a flub up mistake.

Although I have not ran a wrestling tournament, I have ran rankings now. Without scores being posted, it is hard to catch everything. Feedback from others always helps.

WVU

Postby WVU » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Bearhugger wrote:

He just won the Cameron Invitational at 195. He didn't qualify for states last season at Notre Dame.

He could be a freshman? A transfer? A secret weapon from parts unknown that has been training his whole lifetime in an undisclosed location.

Reference AA/A Bear Tracks - January 8th. #9 at 195 for now and no longer a secret.

If you reference Notre Dame's team page link from the WVMAT regional mat page, you will see that everything at Notre Dame is top secret.

Nicholson was a state qualifier as a freshman for RCB at 160, winning 1 match at states. Last year he had a record of 24-11 for RCB at one point, but did not wrestle in the regional.

This year, he resurfaced at Notre Dame and is off to a good start @195

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:06 am

WVU wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Nicholson was a state qualifier as a freshman for RCB at 160, winning 1 match at states. Last year he had a record of 24-11 for RCB at one point, but did not wrestle in the regional.

Interesting and thank you.

Where is Notre Dame wrestling this weekend?

greencrush

Postby greencrush » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:54 am

I've never even heard of Notre dame. Its very existence was a secret to me.
sentenceseller

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 am

Bearhugger wrote:
WVU wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

They are an add-in at Winner's Choice. lol

aaacoach90

Postby aaacoach90 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:59 am

brentsams wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:
WVU wrote:

They are an add-in at Winner's Choice. lol

Insert spoon and stir the pot :o :lol:

WrestlingFan1

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:24 am

Bearhugger wrote:

In SV1. Incredible match. Nobody knows what to expect if there is a rematch. All points were scored on takedowns, escapes and reversals. No back points, no violations, no stalling points, no questionable calls and neither wrestler made a flub up mistake.

Although I have not ran a wrestling tournament, I have ran rankings now. Without scores being posted, it is hard to catch everything. Feedback from others always helps.

Is SV1 not considered a win? Is there an asterisk beside it on the score sheet, does the team not get 3 team points for it, or is it just considered a win?
Excuses, excuses ...........

popajoe

Postby popajoe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:39 am

At 195 Nicholson didn't wrestle Kuhn at Lewis County.

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:44 am

WrestlingFan1 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Is SV1 not considered a win? Is there an asterisk beside it on the score sheet, does the team not get 3 team points for it, or is it just considered a win?

Why I am defending this, I am not sure, but we must have read this post differently. He was just saying it was good match from where I read it. The Sams Rankings came out before this match took place, Bearhugger has Lusher ahead of Cook in his new rankings. Think he was just saying it was close and could go either way next time, he was not going to bet the house on it.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:29 pm

J.W. wrote:
WrestlingFan1 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Why I am defending this, I am not sure, but we must have read this post differently. He was just saying it was good match from where I read it. The Sams Rankings came out before this match took place, Bearhugger has Lusher ahead of Cook in his new rankings. Think he was just saying it was close and could go either way next time, he was not going to bet the house on it.

You are correct in your interpretation.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:34 pm

WrestlingFan1 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

I will never be able to figure out how you read what I wrote and then interpreted that I was making excuses for anybody or downplaying that SV1 is less than a clear cut win.

I provided the details for the readers who did not see the match.

aacoach117

Postby aacoach117 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:41 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
aacoach117 wrote:

Did Nicholson tangle with Lewis County's Kuhn?

Not at Lewis county. From what I can see on Track Wrestling it looks like they had duals with Calhoun, Lincoln, Nicholas, RCB and University.

WrestlingFan1

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:13 pm

J.W. wrote:
WrestlingFan1 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

I couldn't care less of whether you defend it or not, obviously I did interpret it differently. I neither read nor care about Bearhuggers rankings. It's a wrestling forum and I simply stated an opinion.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:38 am

WrestlingFan1 wrote:
J.W. wrote:
WrestlingFan1 wrote:Is SV1 not considered a win? Is there an asterisk beside it on the score sheet, does the team not get 3 team points for it, or is it just considered a win?

I couldn't care less of whether you defend it or not, obviously I did interpret it differently. I neither read nor care about Bearhuggers rankings. It's a wrestling forum and I simply stated an opinion.

I'm guessing you don't care, but you didn't interpret it "differently", you interpretted it "incorrectly".

Return to “High School Wrestling”