Winners choice update results

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
fan125

Winners choice update results

Postby fan125 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Is there anywhere you can find the winners choice results as each round is going on

wrestlingfan23202

Re: Winners choice update results

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:46 pm

They too busy yelling at people for irrelevant things like sitting on a mat that’s not being used lol. If they spent more time on posting scores instead of people watching wrestling then they may be posted LOL.

Studcradle

Postby Studcradle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 pm

Thankful that no teams were added. Would have taken out several opportunities for the Bye team.

Have we successfully eradicated the plague of coaches wearing hats?

Seabass

Postby Seabass » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:28 pm

Everbody bitching about the winners choice but it ran so fast and smooth today.

aacoach62

Postby aacoach62 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:38 pm

fan125 wrote:Is there anywhere you can find the winners choice results as each round is going on

What's new...
January 12, 2019

Winners Choice Day ONE Team Scores -- Brackets

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:48 pm

wrestlingfan23202 wrote:They too busy yelling at people for irrelevant things like sitting on a mat that’s not being used lol. If they spent more time on posting scores instead of people watching wrestling then they may be posted LOL.

They weren’t yelling at people for “sitting” on the the mat not being used. They told the people “standing” on the mat to kneel down so those sitting in the stands could see the action on the other mats. Guess some have to make up problems that don’t exist now.

aacoach29

Postby aacoach29 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:57 pm

Keep the fans in the bleachers/seats where they need to be and only allow coaches and wrestlers on the floor. It can be done if enforced, problem solved.

aaacoach11

Postby aaacoach11 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:41 am

Great job once again by Fairmont on hosting the Winners Choice.
Definitely packed with some quality wrestlers.

aaacoach33

Postby aaacoach33 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:40 am

http://www.thewrestlingtourney.com

Click on the state and go from there......
In the end we win

Hard Head

Postby Hard Head » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:07 pm

I'll state what MANY people were saying......Someone please tell Joe Naternicola to STFU. This butt clown was barking on the microphone all weekend and acting like a fool but, then again, what's new. The kicker was when he was talking DURING matches stating he was going to stop matches if wrestlers didn't move from the edge of the mats. Maybe we can find the person with the red hoodie to have a talk with this fool.

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:42 pm

Hard Head wrote:I'll state what MANY people were saying......Someone please tell Joe Naternicola to STFU. This butt clown was barking on the microphone all weekend and acting like a fool but, then again, what's new. The kicker was when he was talking DURING matches stating he was going to stop matches if wrestlers didn't move from the edge of the mats. Maybe we can find the person with the red hoodie to have a talk with this fool.

Amen

skamartonosi

Postby skamartonosi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:29 pm

I will say that it is easy for some to set and criticize others. When you are running tournament and spectators can't see, Wresters can't hear their coach, Mat Maid can't hear or sometimes even see -because everyone thinks they have to right to stand in front of the table to yell their instructions to the wrestler - it isn't as easy as you think. There is not a bad seat in the house at Winners choice. Nor would anything need said when everyone stayed in their seat. But everyone thinks that they need on the mat, blocking the walk ways sometime even stepping/walking on the mat while a match is going on. There is a valid reason this should be avoided - because wrestlers move and the hit people all the time. When you are blocking the path to walk then where do you expect people to walk? It is a worry that someone is going to get hit and heaven forbid get hurt from a minor injury or a severe injury. When you are standing on the side of the mat then how do you expect people who are sitting where they belong to see. They also paid to enter and deserve to be able to see their son/grandson/niece or nephew wrestle. I don't understand why everyone gets bent out of shape because they were asked to stay in a seat where they belong. If wrestlers/extra coaches/parents are sitting on the mat then table runner, table workers, boppers, coaches and trainers can not get to where they need. If your wrestlers needs more than two coaches then more time in the room needs dedicated to that wrestler, the match is not that time. It isn't hard to have common courtesy to just sit in the seats and cheer on your wrestlers and allow the ones that are working to help things move smoothly. It would allow for a tournament to run more efficiently. It is a very difficult and demanding job to run such a think without know-it-alls constantly complaining. Nothing would have be said if people would use manners and courtesy at events. When the head table is getting complaint from fans/spectators that they cannot see what they paid to see then an announcement will be made. To my understand this site is to discuss and promote wrestling, Not moan and groan...I might suggest that in the future that you sit where you belong, let coaches coach, mat maids, table runners and referees do their job. I thought the tournament ran very well.
Kelly Martonosi - North Marion Supporter

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:39 pm

First off as I somewhat agree with you. 1. Fans weren’t standing on the mats. The ones standing on mats were WRESTLERS and Coaches. It was very well ran. I love winners choice but It’s always something last year it was the hats. Secondly, the coaches thing Marion county schools I saw a lot have more than two coaches in the corner. I don’t care about that stuff. I was in agreement to the AD causing many of issues he’s always been that way! But the tournament was well ran by everyone involved

Hard Head

Postby Hard Head » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:07 pm

I did sit where I belonged Kelly. I wasn't complaining about the seating nor was I complaining about how the tournament was ran. I was impressed with the quality of wrestling and how smoothly things were ran. HOWEVER, year after year, Joe Nat. feels the need to get on that dam microphone and say the same stuff over and over and over. He's loud, obnoxious, and rude(and I'm being polite how because I have a few other adjectives that are more suitable). Maybe if this clown wasn't so abrasive when he spoke it would be more tolerable but it's the same thing year after year with this guy!

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:26 pm

Hard Head wrote:I did sit where I belonged Kelly. I wasn't complaining about the seating nor was I complaining about how the tournament was ran. I was impressed with the quality of wrestling and how smoothly things were ran. HOWEVER, year after year, Joe Nat. feels the need to get on that dam microphone and say the same stuff over and over and over. He's loud, obnoxious, and rude(and I'm being polite how because I have a few other adjectives that are more suitable). Maybe if this clown wasn't so abrasive when he spoke it would be more tolerable but it's the same thing year after year with this guy!

Agreed glad I’m not the only one

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:17 pm

For those of you that did not attend:

1. Plenty of parking!!!!! Upon arrival Friday, the main lot was full. However, there were a few guards in the lot that were very helpful and they advised of secondary parking at the Knights of Columbus across the street. Plenty of parking!!!!!

2. No line at the door. The lady selling tickets and the ladys working the table at the door obviously kept the flow going.

3. Plenty of seats. Upon entering the event area, there were plenty of noticable seats.

4. Friday's rounds finished ahead of schedule.

5. The BBQ was good.

Saturday:

1. Plenty of parking in the main lot. I guess after Friday's beat down, many fans didn't come back.

2. Again, no line at the door.

3. Even more available seats than on Friday.

4. Saturday's rounds started ahead of schedule.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

TheDonald

Postby TheDonald » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:12 am

:D
Attachments
Comments_of_michael_jackson_eating_popcorn.jpg
Comments_of_michael_jackson_eating_popcorn.jpg (24.67 KiB) Viewed 4528 times

Return to “High School Wrestling”