Vs South Plainsfield

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
greencrush

Vs South Plainsfield

Postby greencrush » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:27 am

Just saw that Louden Haga won by dec 5-0 over the #3 220 in the nation. Delviccio from South Plainsfield. Nice job.
sentenceseller

Gator

Re: Vs South Plainsfield

Postby Gator » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:52 pm

He avoided the meat grinder, but got a whoopin anyway!
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Gator wrote:He avoided the meat grinder, but got a whoopin anyway!

The tag team known as "The Bruise Brothers" have a motto...………………..."you can run, but you cannot hide".
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:17 pm

Not taking anything away from Louden, but he made it look easy. All the kid did was stall and try to keep from being pinned.

jsams

Postby jsams » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:34 am

Unfortunately the kid did exactly what he was supposed to do

timamos

Postby timamos » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:56 am

In addition to the South match I watched South Plainfield's 220 when he forfeited and bumped up in a match prior. If anyone thinks that he was told to lose to Louden they obviously did not watch the previous match when he not only won but showboated over the much weaker hwt. In the finals match he likewise bumped up to beat their 285. His objective was to beat Louden and when it became obvious that he did not have the horsepower to accomplish that job, he went into stall mode so that he did not get teched or pinned. Why bump him up? Mathematically the only reason to do it versus South was if their coach believed that the #3 220 in the country (intermat ranking) would get teched or pinned. Looking at the times they bumped him in the tournament, it was always versus athletic 220's. Makes me wonder if he has gas tank issues?

TrueSouthFanInTampa

Postby TrueSouthFanInTampa » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:11 pm

I was happy to see that InterMat took notice of him dodging Braxton and dropped him to 10th in the rankings!

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:31 pm

timamos wrote:In addition to the South match I watched South Plainfield's 220 when he forfeited and bumped up in a match prior. If anyone thinks that he was told to lose to Louden they obviously did not watch the previous match when he not only won but showboated over the much weaker hwt. In the finals match he likewise bumped up to beat their 285. His objective was to beat Louden and when it became obvious that he did not have the horsepower to accomplish that job, he went into stall mode so that he did not get teched or pinned. Why bump him up? Mathematically the only reason to do it versus South was if their coach believed that the #3 220 in the country (intermat ranking) would get teched or pinned. Looking at the times they bumped him in the tournament, it was always versus athletic 220's. Makes me wonder if he has gas tank issues?

I also watched him wrestle at least 3 matches, after the announcer pointed out his national ranking during his 1st match. I agree, he never stood a chance against Louden, and size disparity did not appear drastically significant. After watching all the matches, I'm not so sure about his national ranking. I don't think it's a gas tank issue, but more of a wrestling issue. I wouldn't never talk so disparagingly except I'm sure no one associated with him will ever read this.

greencrush

Postby greencrush » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:41 pm

TrueSouthFanInTampa wrote:I was happy to see that InterMat took notice of him dodging Braxton and dropped him to 10th in the rankings!

They also moved Haga into their top 20.
sentenceseller

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:52 pm

Track season starts in the spring!
Moderator WV Mat

Return to “High School Wrestling”