Williamstown's Bob Zide Rumble Jan 26th 2019

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aacoach57

Williamstown's Bob Zide Rumble Jan 26th 2019

Postby aacoach57 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:51 am

Tournament Info for Bob Zide Rumble

Any questions email Coach Scott at rscott@k12.wv.us
Attachments
WHS RUMBLE GENERAL INFO 2019.doc
(26 KiB) Downloaded 407 times

Bearhugger

Re: Williamstown's Bob Zide Rumble Jan 26th 2019

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm

What teams are entered so far?

Thank you
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:12 am

Bearhugger wrote:What teams are entered so far?

Thank you

My guess is 1 and that is counting the host school

mscoach90

Postby mscoach90 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:25 am

I have a question. What purpose does your post make malematmaid?

SMC

Postby SMC » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:04 pm

mscoach90 wrote:I have a question. What purpose does your post make malematmaid?

It serves no purpose other than to disparage Wiiliamstown High School and the Bob Zide Tournament.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:14 am

Word on the street is Weir, Bridgeport and Cameron are coming. I at least found that out.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:22 am

Bearhugger wrote:Word on the street is Weir, Bridgeport and Cameron are coming. I at least found that out.

East Fairmont is sending a crew.

Grappler2

Postby Grappler2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Does anyone have a list of teams attending?

mscoach137

Postby mscoach137 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:43 am

Williamstown
Bridgeport
Weir
Cameron
RCB
Marietta (OH)
Belpre (OH)
Shadyside (OH)

from the tourney director

aacoach137

Postby aacoach137 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:53 am

everyone must be taking the weekend off.....Only about 4-5 teams coming to the Bob Stover in Clay.

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:22 am

mscoach137 wrote:Williamstown
Bridgeport
Weir
Cameron
RCB
Marietta (OH)
Belpre (OH)
Shadyside (OH)

Great turnout :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

aacoach131

Postby aacoach131 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:04 am

Where would you recommend, malematmaid, that I go. I coach RCB, by the way. I have three maybe four kids right now that can physically finish the season and I don't want to drive to Petersburg, although I have in the past, it is a great tournament. I am also a double A school and can not compete at the wonderful tournament Ritchie has put together. I will wait for your expert opinion on this matter. Also thanks to Williamstown for putting on what I hope will be a wonderful tournament.

aacoach126

Postby aacoach126 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:07 am

MaleMatMaid wrote:
Bridgeport
Weir
Cameron
RCB
Marietta (OH)
Belpre (OH)
Shadyside (OH)

Why taunt people? Whats wrong with running an 8-man bracket on a Saturday and being done with it?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:17 am

aacoach126 wrote:
MaleMatMaid wrote:
Bridgeport
Weir
Cameron
RCB
Marietta (OH)
Belpre (OH)
Shadyside (OH)

Why taunt people? Whats wrong with running an 8-man bracket on a Saturday and being done with it?

I am not familiar with the Ohio teams. East Fairmont is bringing JV and Varsity (available weigh ins) also based on what I was told. There will end up being some good match ups that will be key to the regional seeding and then sizing up the state tournament.

There is always somebody out their to taught anybody and anything. I know whereas I get taughted more than anybody. Nobody has shut me up either.

If a school is going to have a tournament, then they need to believe in what they are doing to include advertising who is coming. Personally, I would have contemplated attending if I had better and/or quicker information on who was attending.

Good luck to all wrestlers and tournament staff this weekend.

aacoach126

Postby aacoach126 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:31 am

aacoach131 wrote:Where would you recommend, malematmaid, that I go. I coach RCB, by the way. I have three maybe four kids right now that can physically finish the season and I don't want to drive to Petersburg, although I have in the past, it is a great tournament. I am also a double A school and can not compete at the wonderful tournament Ritchie has put together. I will wait for your expert opinion on this matter. Also thanks to Williamstown for putting on what I hope will be a wonderful tournament.

Sissonville attended until the week off between regions and states was forced upon us. Now this tournament aligns with our conference tourney. It was always a great tournament in the past. I don't think you will be disappointed. I always liked it because it gave us an opportunity to match up with teams we didn't see week in and week out.

aacoach111

Postby aacoach111 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:03 pm

Weir attended Bob Zide last year and will return this year. After a grueling OVAC Tournament last weekend, its a good tournament for us to keep wrestling, see some different talent, and get our unattached boys some matches. We were treated very well last year and were made to feel welcome in our first appearance. God bless anyone who wants to take on the burden of organizing and running a tournament.
As to malematmaid: I know from running our tournament that there will always be people who are unsatisfied. Haters gonna hate.

Monarch1996

Postby Monarch1996 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:02 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
aacoach126 wrote:
MaleMatMaid wrote:

I am not familiar with the Ohio teams. East Fairmont is bringing JV and Varsity (available weigh ins) also based on what I was told. There will end up being some good match ups that will be key to the regional seeding and then sizing up the state tournament.

There is always somebody out their to taught anybody and anything. I know whereas I get taughted more than anybody. Nobody has shut me up either.

If a school is going to have a tournament, then they need to believe in what they are doing to include advertising who is coming. Personally, I would have contemplated attending if I had better and/or quicker information on who was attending.

Good luck to all wrestlers and tournament staff this weekend.

Weir (of course in WV) isn't horrible. They have a couple of good kids. Shadyside used to be very, very good...not sure what has happened, but they scored 0 points at the OVAC this past weekend. I suspect that they are not fielding a full team. The last time I saw Marietta (granted, it has been a couple of years), they only had something like 8 guys.

Crossface3636

Postby Crossface3636 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:13 am

aacoach131 wrote:Where would you recommend, malematmaid, that I go. I coach RCB, by the way. I have three maybe four kids right now that can physically finish the season and I don't want to drive to Petersburg, although I have in the past, it is a great tournament. I am also a double A school and can not compete at the wonderful tournament Ritchie has put together. I will wait for your expert opinion on this matter. Also thanks to Williamstown for putting on what I hope will be a wonderful tournament.

Williamstown is a well ran tourney. RCB looks to be ending the year with more kids than last year! I’ve heard through the grapevine that they’re going to be solid next year with the young talent coming up! I hope so! Good luck coach to you and your team! It seems like things are getting better up that way and I hope it continues to get better for you guys!

aacoach117

Postby aacoach117 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:24 am

Teams put on a tournament and advertise it, look for teams and try to have the best roster that they can. If teams decide to take the weekend off or go somewhere else then that is out of the control of the host team. Trash talking them for your own personal self-gratification is juvenile and there is no place for it on this board. We need more people promoting the sport, supporting the teams and being a positive influence on wrestlers and less people with no usefulness to the sport. If all you have to offer is ridicule and insults, then you have no value here.

mscoach90

Postby mscoach90 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:30 pm

It is a quality tournament, ran well. Nice job to the coaches and staff that put it on.

aacoach117

Postby aacoach117 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:34 pm

Folks, the best way to deal with a troll is ignore them. If you want to make your life better, click MaleMatMaid's name and it will take you to his profile page. Under his name and slightly to the right you will see "Add foe". If you click that it will block his posts from showing up for you. Trust me, it will make your day go better. I just did it and my Friday is already going much better.

mscoach90

Postby mscoach90 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:24 pm

Just did, thank's for the info.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:51 am

aacoach117 wrote:Folks, the best way to deal with a troll is ignore them. If you want to make your life better, click MaleMatMaid's name and it will take you to his profile page. Under his name and slightly to the right you will see "Add foe". If you click that it will block his posts from showing up for you. Trust me, it will make your day go better. I just did it and my Friday is already going much better.

Why has no one ever shared this most important piece of information?

Wait, now I know the reason no one ever responds to anything I post.

Wait, no one's ever going to read this.

Crossface3636

Postby Crossface3636 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:42 am

You actually coach there? I’ve talked to the coach and he says it’s not him that posted this.

aacoach131

Postby aacoach131 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:25 pm

Crossface3636 wrote:

You actually coach there? I’ve talked to the coach and he says it’s not him that posted this.

I’m the bald one with the red beard.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:17 am

KDunbar wrote:
aacoach117 wrote:Folks, the best way to deal with a troll is ignore them. If you want to make your life better, click MaleMatMaid's name and it will take you to his profile page. Under his name and slightly to the right you will see "Add foe". If you click that it will block his posts from showing up for you. Trust me, it will make your day go better. I just did it and my Friday is already going much better.

Why has no one ever shared this most important piece of information?

Wait, now I know the reason no one ever responds to anything I post.

Wait, no one's ever going to read this.
aacoach131 wrote:
Crossface3636 wrote:

I’m the bald one with the red beard.

See, I knew it. Nobody ever reads my posts.

Is that a red beard or a red hoody? I'm confused as to who to look out for :D.

Return to “High School Wrestling”