Point Pleasant JV at the WSAZ

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Point Pleasant JV at the WSAZ

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:00 pm

There is a mistake in the scores section pertaining to the team scores.

In the overall team scores, one can see that Point Pleasant's JV team finished 19th.

However, when you look down into the more detailed "Team Scores By Division" section, Point Pleasant's JV team was accidently left out.

The PPJV finished #19 overall and finished #7 among the AA schools. 1/2 point short of tying for 6th place among AA schools.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

mscoach64

Re: Point Pleasant JV at the WSAZ

Postby mscoach64 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:21 pm

i'd say PP's jv football team would have had a shot at the AA football playoffs as well. I'm not sure that I'm following your point here

oroyos

Postby oroyos » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:49 pm

mscoach64 wrote:i'd say PP's jv football team would have had a shot at the AA football playoffs as well. I'm not sure that I'm following your point here

Maybe his point is that Point Pleasant is a top caliber Wrestling program. I don’t know. Maybe something like that. And yes, their JV football program would’ve probably made the AA State playoffs.

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:45 pm

mscoach64 wrote:i'd say PP's jv football team would have had a shot at the AA football playoffs as well. I'm not sure that I'm following your point here

I’m not sure I get it either. If you can’t beat the best person in your weight class on your team, then jv it is. Our school is in the toughest AA region in the state. Some kids don’t place in the top four of that region every year, yet can beat and have beaten, or are better than those who qualify for states in easier regions. Unfortunate, yes... but that’s just the way it is... that’s the way the rules are set up.

As far as PP’s jv team making the state football playoffs... let’s not get too carried away.

dontlikethelights

Postby dontlikethelights » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:58 pm

Very impressive showing by point, particularly at 106. One thing to consider with the scoring, it looks like all non-scoring wrestlers were lumped into one team for each school. So at 106 Henderson and Freeman would have both earned 24 points(assuming my quick math is correct) towards the Point1 team score.

-Ian

Treerat

Postby Treerat » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:51 pm

Let's leave football out of this. Point has 3 strong 106 wrestlers who know where they are.1 boy is varsity and the others wait there turn. It's not about not working hard because they could probably start for 95% of the teams in the state. They knew their job was to prevent other teams from scoring points. They got the job done so give credit to these kids that accept life and strive to be their best.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:16 pm

My point could not have been more clear. Point's JV had a team. The team wrestled at the WSAZ. The WSAZ tournament staff maintained the PPJV's score and posted it on the board for two days.

Now that all of the score information has been transferred to the WVMAT scores section, the recognition of PPJV within the AA teams is not present.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”