Another Work Stoppage?

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Studcradle

Another Work Stoppage?

Postby Studcradle » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:24 pm

It’s that time of year again. If the teachers have a work stoppage and it affects the state tournament will WV follow the ovac example and just declare South, Point Pleasant, Greenbrier West state champs? Will individual polls determine the individual champs?

aaacoach90

Re: Another Work Stoppage?

Postby aaacoach90 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:29 pm

Dont even talk like that please

hooverfan19

Postby hooverfan19 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:24 pm

I seem to remember some weight classes being postponed a few years ago because of skin issues. If that can happen surely the tournament directors can figure out working around any potential work stoppage??

Just wondering.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:10 pm

Studcradle wrote:It’s that time of year again. If the teachers have a work stoppage and it affects the state tournament will WV follow the ovac example and just declare South, Point Pleasant, Greenbrier West state champs? Will individual polls determine the individual champs?

You are a visionary
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

aaacoach49

Postby aaacoach49 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:34 am

hooverfan19 wrote:I seem to remember some weight classes being postponed a few years ago because of skin issues. If that can happen surely the tournament directors can figure out working around any potential work stoppage??

Just wondering.

It’s easier to reschedule a few AAA weight classes in a smaller venue than it is to reschedule the whole tournament in a venue with the capacity to accommodate the full tournament.

I suspect the tournament will still begin on Thursday.

figure4match

Postby figure4match » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:50 am

Will be interesting to see how the counties that are requiring their teams to take buses to events and the impending weather if ok'd to still have event. I hope that the powers to be do not wait until Wednesday to decide. Bad weather is called for the northern, eastern panhandles and eastern part of the state. Very possible that teams from these area's will not be able to travel out until Thursday or Thursday evening..

Return to “High School Wrestling”