Regional prediction's for AAA at Parkersburg

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Northside River Rat

Regional prediction's for AAA at Parkersburg

Postby Northside River Rat » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:24 pm

PHS 5 Regional Champs ! South 4 Huntington 3
2 toss ups. Ok let's see what everyone thinks.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Re: Regional prediction's for AAA at Parkersburg

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:23 am

I think you are running a high fever. No offense though.

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:46 am

Noticed it was your first post Northside River Rodent, Those are bold predictions for that young team. We will see the results Saturday afternoon, let's see if the North will Rise Again, unfortunately I see demboyz from south side taking 10-12 to state tournament, with a possible first female Wrestler to qualify for the AAA State Tournament. Matt is continuing the example left by his predecessors, great Job so far! Looking forward to many years of this great rivalry!

Regardless of the outcome, I wish all wrestlers and their families safe travels, and good luck this weekend. Looking forward to watching some good wrestling in the field house Saturday morning.
Rodney James
HS Wrestling Fan GO SOUTH!!

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:03 am

By the Way Northside River Rodent, did you see those Middle school wrestling results for Wood county? Looks like Mr Smith has a stable of young studs @Edison and @Blennerhassett ready to move up to South and fill the wholes from graduating seniors and challenge the upper class men. Thanks Dave and Tammy Koreski, for all your hard work, can't leave out Blennerhassett's coaches thanks for everything you do for the kids!
Rodney James

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:29 am

rodneyjwv wrote:Noticed it was your first post Northside River Rodent, Those are bold predictions for that young team. We will see the results Saturday afternoon, let's see if the North will Rise Again, unfortunately I see demboyz from south side taking 10-12 to state tournament, with a possible first female Wrestler to qualify for the AAA State Tournament. Matt is continuing the example left by his predecessors, great Job so far! Looking forward to many years of this great rivalry!

Regardless of the outcome, I wish all wrestlers and their families safe travels, and good luck this weekend. Looking forward to watching some good wrestling in the field house Saturday morning.

Actually Rodney, Samantha would not be the first female in AAA to qualify at the state tournament. Buckhannon-Upshur’s Brittany Woodall did it all 4 years of her high school career( 2004-2007). Though she never placed, she was a good, tough wrestler.
Moderator WV Mat

Studcradle

Postby Studcradle » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:29 am

I think the sensitive Ripley Dad from earlier this year is the big winner here. He didn’t like predictions or results being posted because it hurt feelIngs.
No brackets. No seeding. No individual or team score predictions.
Fairmont Region is only one to provide any information.

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:50 am

Sorry for the mistake Gator, I spent most of that time watching JV when I was in the area. Jesse didn't break the starting lineup until his senior year. I definitely do not intentionally take that honor away from that young Lady. I stand corrected and thank you for your great knowledge of our favorite sport.
Rodney James

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:01 pm

Studcradle I figure they will release this information on Saturday Morning, the reason for this delay, would have to ask the Host School. Maybe just adding to the suspense :D . As you know, the cream always rises to the top,
Rodney James

WP1992

Postby WP1992 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Actually, in 2016 and 2018 Sierra Powell of Hampshire qualified at 113 and 120, respectively. To my knowledge the only female to place at the WV State Tournament was Erica Dye of Wirt. I think she was a 2 time placer and a state finalist her senior year in A/AA. Its to bad she isn't in high school now, when girls wrestling is blowing up all over the country.

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:49 pm

WP1992 wrote:Actually, in 2016 and 2018 Sierra Powell of Hampshire qualified at 113 and 120, respectively. To my knowledge the only female to place at the WV State Tournament was Erica Dye of Wirt. I think she was a 2 time placer and a state finalist her senior year in A/AA. Its to bad she isn't in high school now, when girls wrestling is blowing up all over the country.

Wasn't there a girl from Weirton Madonna that made some noise at the State Tournament, maybe even at the OVAC tournament?

Region 4 AAA kicks off with an important matchup of #4 Miller (PS) vs #5 Cantwell (P) with the winner qualifying for the State. The loser drops to the consolation semifinal and having to face the loser of #3 Matson (R) and #2 Jordan (CM) to advance to the state. Not an easy road for Miller or Cantwell. Miller won the first meeting 9-8 in an exciting match. I expect more of the same at regionals. Good luck to all.

JennyHannan

Postby JennyHannan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:13 pm

Yes, Amy Alvaro from Madonna was the very first female ever to qualify for the state tournament in any division. I'm not sure whether or not she holds the distinction of being the first female ever to wrestle at the OVAC.

Northside River Rat

Postby Northside River Rat » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:06 pm

We'llI guess everyone agrees with me since this turned into a different subject. After reconsidering I'm going with PHS 5 South 5 Huntington 3 and 1 toss up. South sending all 14 to state PHS 10 Huntington 7 not sure after that.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Northside River Rat wrote:We'llI guess everyone agrees with me since this turned into a different subject. After reconsidering I'm going with PHS 5 South 5 Huntington 3 and 1 toss up. South sending all 14 to state PHS 10 Huntington 7 not sure after that.

I'm not much into predictions, but it would appear that the obvious favorites would have South with 5 champs, Huntington with 3, and PHS with 2. Then there are 4 weights that will undoubtedly be close... 113, 120, 132, & 138. I haven't seen those at 106 & 152 actually wrestle each other, but presume these finals could be real close also. Should be interesting to watch.

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:33 pm

Thanks Kdunbar now I Realize what NSriverrat meant by the 5-5-3-1.
After the Dual, I would have to say I'm not sure who the 5 PHS champs would be, adding Huntington and Cabel Midland to the mixer with Spring Valley, Hurricane and Ripley. I know they had 5 champs at MSAC but South wasn't there.
I'm looking forward to some good wrestling, regardless of how many champs each school has. I'm sure Wood County will be well represented come State Tournament Time. Hopefully we can keep that AAA title in the county for a few more years.

Good luck to all wrestlers, safe travels for all attending. PHS always represents our region with a historically top quality venue, plenty of seating, And good food.
Rodney James

aaacoach89

Postby aaacoach89 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 am

South- 6 Champs- Miller qualifies at 106
Parkersburg- 3 Champs
Huntington- 3 Champs
Spring Valley- 1 Champ
Cabell Midland- 1 Champ

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:46 pm

Well Northside river rat, you were way off on your predictions. South had 7 champs. Your champion leader PHS had a massive TWO champs and Huntington had 3. I guess you got Huntington right. You had Huntington taking 7 to the State. There taking TEN ! You need to do a lot more research next time. : :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:20 pm

Northside River Rat wrote:PHS 5 Regional Champs ! South 4 Huntington 3

You are officially banned from making predictions on this site for 2 calendar years.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:19 am

Truesouthfaninhunt wrote:
Northside River Rat wrote:PHS 5 Regional Champs ! South 4 Huntington 3

You are officially banned from making predictions on this site for 2 calendar years.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Moderator WV Mat

aaacoach89

Postby aaacoach89 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:51 am

I was only off by 1 pick. I had Harper winning for SV at 132. Other than that, I hit it on the head. South performed very well, as expected. I was very happy for Jordan at CM, I had him winning the upset at 106, and he pulled it off. It was a great match. Both those kids are good kids, on and off the mat.

Return to “High School Wrestling”