The Pill !

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Truesouthfaninhunt

The Pill !

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:48 pm

Thoughts?

mscoach20

Re: The Pill !

Postby mscoach20 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:22 pm

I’m going with 1. This feels like a 1 year.
Tench

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:04 pm

Sources close to me say it will be Pill 3.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:07 pm

My source was better :D
Tench

Frank

Postby Frank » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:08 pm

It’s 5

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:27 pm

mscoach20 wrote:My source was better :D

The dreaded pill 1

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:57 pm

Game on!

aaacoach90

Postby aaacoach90 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:25 pm

Seeding is way better.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:15 pm

aaacoach90 wrote:Seeding is way better.

I am feeling offended.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:21 pm

mike.carman wrote:Game on!

The state finals a day early.

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:15 am

The Pill.....well I still feel the same about this antique of the WVSSAC. again we will have Finals matches in the semifinals. At 182 we have to states best in the same side of the bracket again. one of them will be denied a chance for the parade of champions on Saturday evening.
I know I hear ever year, they can't seed the state tournament, because why? Too many participants? Or WVSSAC doesn't have the talent onboard to properly seed the participants? If they need guidance have them ask the OVAC!
Those administrators get paid a large salary, and all they have to do is pick one number at end of season and there job is done besides awards. And occasionally a skin condition which they screw up also, then the great mistake in the aa/a finals last year. Why do these people have any authority when all they do is make a mess of every decision they make? Look at their latest attempt to get the regions equaled out, politics do not belong in sports administrations!
It's time for the WVBOE or say the legislature to eliminate this parking lot of administrative paychecks for good, could use that money to hire an intern with a mathematical degree and I'm sure he could apply the seeding guidelines approved by the coaches. Authorize that same intern to do the same for all sports. It doesn't take 6-8 principles making way to much, to do this job! It take a couple bean counters! If I am mistaken please list the accomplishments of the WVSSAC in say the last 20 years. Along with their pay, cost of counsel, legal expenses, cost of maintaining a building and there State vehicles and gas usage!
There is zero accountability in WVBOE or the WVSSAC! It is time we demand that, or continue to be used as fools!
Same could be applied to WVBOE! At the state level, all the legislature needs for their work is Numbers! Not political hacks pretending to be for education! Sucking 2-3 million off the top of the already limited educational funding provided by the Federal government!
West Virginia may have switched from Democratic to republican leadership but in my eyes they are all Same WORTHLESS!
Rodney James
HS Wrestling Fan GO SOUTH!!

JMfan

Postby JMfan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:34 am

The laziness of the WVSSAC is atrocious. Let’s just pull a pill to determine the brackets. It would not take much time or effort to seed the state Tournament. Instead, the have screwed up yet another state tournament. For goodness sakes, you have 2 weeks to get it right. Everything that they WVSSAC touches turns to crap anymore.
Last edited by JMfan on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Studcradle

Postby Studcradle » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:58 pm

JMfan wrote:The laziness of the WVSSAC is atrocious. Let’s just pull a pill to determine the brackets. It would not take much time or effort to seed the state Tournament. Instead, the have screwed up yet another state tournament. For goodness sakes, you have 2 weeks to get it right. Everything that they WVSSAC touches turns to crap anymore.

182 is a mess as a result of the pill. Does The wvywa use the pill for seeding in youth?

JMfan

Postby JMfan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:48 pm

Studcradle wrote:
JMfan wrote:The laziness of the WVSSAC is atrocious. Let’s just pull a pill to determine the brackets. It would not take much time or effort to seed the state Tournament. Instead, the have screwed up yet another state tournament. For goodness sakes, you have 2 weeks to get it right. Everything that they WVSSAC touches turns to crap anymore.

182 is a mess as a result of the pill. Does The wvywa use the pill for seeding in youth?

No, the Junior States seeds the kids. 182 is a complete mess. There are enough knowledgeable coaches that can get together to seed this tournament.

aaacoach90

Postby aaacoach90 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:07 pm

JMfan wrote:
Studcradle wrote:

No, the Junior States seeds the kids. 182 is a complete mess. There are enough knowledgeable coaches that can get together to seed this tournament.

120 is loaded on top and 170 has the 1st and 2nd ranked meeting in semi also. Just not right!
How many years does this crap have to continue?

aacoach131

Postby aacoach131 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:15 pm

As far as 182 goes, I was there Saturday. The number two kid in the states lost in the semis. There were some outside situations or inside depending on how you view it, as he ran to the restroom after the match. However, had he won, I have little doubt he wins the region(not taking anything away from the young man who won)and then he and the number one kid in the state are on different sides of the bracket. Problem solved, the pill does not know what happened or that he is the second best kid in the state. It is going by facts that he finished third. I am looking forward to seeing this match, however I was hoping to see it in finals instead of semis.

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:57 pm

What happened to “be the best beat the best” I don’t like the pill either and think they need to seed but why complain when you know they will never change it. Lol! Just let the wrestlers settle it. You think these wrestlers give two craps about the pill they just want to prove they’re the best. The goal is to make it here and compete! You’re competing against the best in your weight class (statewide) it’s going to be tough quit looking for excuses

aaacoach90

Postby aaacoach90 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:51 pm

wrestlingfan23202 wrote:What happened to “be the best beat the best” I don’t like the pill either and think they need to seed but why complain when you know they will never change it. Lol! Just let the wrestlers settle it. You think these wrestlers give two craps about the pill they just want to prove they’re the best. The goal is to make it here and compete! You’re competing against the best in your weight class (statewide) it’s going to be tough quit looking for excuses

So sit down and shut up are always the best way to get things changed?!?! I think the teachers have already proven that theory wrong and maybe just about to do it again.

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:43 pm

aaacoach90 wrote:
wrestlingfan23202 wrote:What happened to “be the best beat the best” I don’t like the pill either and think they need to seed but why complain when you know they will never change it. Lol! Just let the wrestlers settle it. You think these wrestlers give two craps about the pill they just want to prove they’re the best. The goal is to make it here and compete! You’re competing against the best in your weight class (statewide) it’s going to be tough quit looking for excuses

So sit down and shut up are always the best way to get things changed?!?! I think the teachers have already proven that theory wrong and maybe just about to do it again.

Lol lol lol if you want to call that proving that theory wrong than so be it LOL. But everyone looks for an easier road to everything in life. Like life wrestling isn’t easy quit trying to make it easy. And this right here is why we have the problem we have with WV wrestling

aacoach75

Postby aacoach75 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:17 pm

Just wrestle for the top of the podium..... don't matter who's 1 or 2 or 3... don't matter who's on top or bottom.... don't matter if it's seeded or a pill.... only thing that matters is who's next.... wrestler one match at a time.... there's good and bad with both ways.....
" JUST WRESTLE "

aaacoach90

Postby aaacoach90 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:17 pm

wrestlingfan23202 wrote:
aaacoach90 wrote:

Lol lol lol if you want to call that proving that theory wrong than so be it LOL. But everyone looks for an easier road to everything in life. Like life wrestling isn’t easy quit trying to make it easy. And this right here is why we have the problem we have with WV wrestling

Big difference in making something easy and making it right. I dont believe one person on here said anything about making it easy. Way to try and twist it kinda like fake news.

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:26 pm

aaacoach90 wrote:
wrestlingfan23202 wrote:
aaacoach90 wrote: So sit down and shut up are always the best way to get things changed?!?! I think the teachers have already proven that theory wrong and maybe just about to do it again.

Big difference in making something easy and making it right. I dont believe one person on here said anything about making it easy. Way to try and twist it kinda like fake news.

Says the snowflake mad because the pill. And the people saying oh the state title a day early blah blah blah. Just wrestle who cares how they do it.

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:46 pm

This site is becoming just as unbearable as the rest of social media. Always someone trying to stir the pot instead of just posting their opinions and moving on. Anonymity will do that to some. However we do have a few members here who we all actually know.

I believe the main point of the original post concerened the pill system taking the fun out of the two best wrestlers meeting in the championship instead of early in the tournament. I don’t remember seeing anyone complain that their son or wrestler has it too hard now in reference to their path to the championship. Hell, I know my son (at least in his weight class) has quality opponents from top to bottom this year... it’s loaded. So pill or no pill, if you make it through, you’ve beaten some studs. I’ll stick to MY opinion from a spectator’s and former coach selfish point of view... I’d rather see the top two meet in the finals. Though I know nothing is guaranteed, upsets happen.

JMfan

Postby JMfan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:00 pm

matcoach90 wrote:This site is becoming just as unbearable as the rest of social media. Always someone trying to stir the pot instead of just posting their opinions and moving on. Anonymity will do that to some. However we do have a few members here who we all actually know.

I believe the main point of the original post concerened the pill system taking the fun out of the two best wrestlers meeting in the championship instead of early in the tournament. I don’t remember seeing anyone complain that their son or wrestler has it too hard now in reference to their path to the championship. Hell, I know my son (at least in his weight class) has quality opponents from top to bottom this year... it’s loaded. So pill or no pill, if you make it through, you’ve beaten some studs. I’ll stick to MY opinion from a spectator’s and former coach selfish point of view... I’d rather see the top two meet in the finals. Though I know nothing is guaranteed, upsets happen.

My point exactly. You want to see the 2 best wrestlers in the weight class wrestling Saturday night in the Championships. I will always make my opinion known and will fight for the betterment of this great sport. As for hiding behind a username, I don’t hide. My name is David Simmons. People that know me, know that I am a huge JM fan, but I am also a big wrestling fan.

oroyos

Postby oroyos » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:08 pm

JMfan wrote:
matcoach90 wrote:This site is becoming just as unbearable as the rest of social media. Always someone trying to stir the pot instead of just posting their opinions and moving on. Anonymity will do that to some. However we do have a few members here who we all actually know.

My point exactly. You want to see the 2 best wrestlers in the weight class wrestling Saturday night in the Championships. I will always make my opinion known and will fight for the betterment of this great sport. As for hiding behind a username, I don’t hide. My name is David Simmons. People that know me, know that I am a huge JM fan, but I am also a big wrestling fan.

Oh please. Any of the pills would upset someone. A lot of weight classes work out well this way. It’s not like one is better than the other. They all suck

SMC

Postby SMC » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:48 pm

oroyos wrote:
JMfan wrote:

Oh please. Any of the pills would upset someone. A lot of weight classes work out well this way. It’s not like one is better than the other. They all suck

That's why you seed the regional champions...

aacoach131

Postby aacoach131 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:48 am

SMC wrote:
oroyos wrote:
JMfan wrote:

There is the problem! People are complaining about 182(for the most part) would still be complaining because the Number two wrestler, who is out of region 2, did not win his region so we could possibly still be in the same boat.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:13 am

Okay, the pill sucks, yes, but that is the system we use. As far as youth goes, our brackets are easy to set up as we seed the 4 regional champions and everyone else draws a line based on their regional champions spot in the bracket. To be a top seed in the bracket you must be a regional champion and I do all 62 brackets in a couple of days myself, during downtime as I do have a fulltime job also. So doing half the work would be really easy.

I don't personally care if Anthony and Zane wrestle the Semi-finals or the finals against each other. They are both great wrestlers and good kids and it's going to be a really good match like the last one was and I am really excited to be there and watch it.

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:21 am

SMC wrote:
oroyos wrote:
JMfan wrote:

Just to play devil's advocate...

Take...AA/A HWT, for example. JUST seed the champs? Well, Champ A lost to Champ B, cut and dry. WELL...not exactly. Champ B split with runner-up B, and Champ A never made it to runner-up B in only tournament they could have matched up. So...if this were TRUE seeding...It would go Champ B, Runner-up B, Champ A.

Point is, without common opponents, head to heads, and a clear cut criteria, this seeding process does not work. Few states seed their state tournament. The match-ups are, in fact, predetermined. It is not perfect, but do not pretend seeding is either. It is FAR from a perfected practice.
Tench

aacoach117

Postby aacoach117 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:14 am

wrestlingfan23202 wrote: You think these wrestlers give two craps about the pill they just want to prove they’re the best.

Yes. Wrestlers care about the pill. If you think they do not then I am guessing you don't know many wrestlers.

Return to “High School Wrestling”