AAA 160 Shake Up or "Shook" Up

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

AAA 160 Shake Up or "Shook" Up

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:39 am

The way I am understanding the "What's New" area, a wrestler from AAA 160 R3 has scratched. The placers have moved up. A vacancy was created due to no 5th placer in region 3.

A 5th placer from AAA Region 4 has been slid in. Huntington's Isaiah Shook won the lottery.

Has Shook made history? Is he the first free agent pulled from a different region to fill a spot in another region??
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

brentsams

Re: AAA 160 Shake Up or "Shook" Up

Postby brentsams » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:54 am

That's a sad state with only 18 AAA wrestlers available. What's plan b when you run out. Do you go with reserve wrestlers or bump 5th place up from AA?

Matofficial

Postby Matofficial » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:43 am

What compounds the sadness is the criteria for replacing the wrestlers. I agree that they should put in another wrestler but basing it on a winning percentages just encourages teams to wrestle weak schedules. How pathetic is it that you punish a kid for wrestling better competition?

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:32 am

Matofficial wrote:What compounds the sadness is the criteria for replacing the wrestlers. I agree that they should put in another wrestler but basing it on a winning percentages just encourages teams to wrestle weak schedules. How pathetic is it that you punish a kid for wrestling better competition?

Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, if i was to take an educated guess i would say that the winning percentage criteria isn’t the only criteria for selecting a replacement to fill a state tournament vacancy.
But when it comes down to only two wrestlers and I’m assuming those two havent met head to head i would say winning percentage is the only criteria that makes sense.
i know for a fact Huntington doesn’t wrestle an easy schedule so that .500 win percentage is a tad skewed if you ask me.
I agree no team should be punished for wrestling a tough schedule but at the same time i can’t imagine teams going out of there way to wrestle an easier schedule just to get a possible extra into the state tournament somewhere down the line. But like i said i highly doubt that winning percentage is the first criteria on the list.

Is there anyone out there that can confirm what the actual list of criteria is ?

“Watch out for the ring worm”
- Joaquín “el chapo” Guzmán

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:36 pm

Problem: Due to the small amount of schools in each AAA region and corresponding low participation, the likelihood of byes at the state tournament on Thursday night was brought to the forum two seasons ago.

2017 Initial Response: Dialogue was interjected stating that there were no "byes" at the state tournament. ??????????? Regardless, not all wrestlers had a match. No solution was implemented.

2018: Thursday night at the state tournament was "Bye City". Holy crap, who saw that coming????????? I guess we were all called for "stalling".

2019: A solution was implemented. Regional 5th place winners are now evaluated and inserted to fill byes.

Problem solved.

I want to thank all of you that "beat the dead horse" during this journey. A bigger thanks to the "decision makers" that implemented the "FIX".

Good luck to Mr Shook!! A lot of us are rooting for you.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

aaacoach33

Postby aaacoach33 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:59 pm

Problem solved??? Or is this kicking the can to delay the inevitable, an all-class state tournament.....
In the end we win

Return to “High School Wrestling”