state record for

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Studcradle

state record for

Postby Studcradle » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:47 pm

Most team points deducted? Anyone know?

mscoach26

Re: state record for

Postby mscoach26 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Not sure what the record is but back in the ‘90 s I saw one team get three kids and two coaches tossed over the course of the state tournament. That left them with 2 participants and one asst. coach total! I also saw a different coach get thrown out of the same event twice ... the ref’s let him back in because he was the only one there with his team .... he called an asst. to come and when he got there, the head ref threw the guy out again, LOL.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:23 am

It had to be broken this year! :roll:
Moderator WV Mat

wv16refgk

Postby wv16refgk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:08 am

Pitiful plumb pitiful!!!!There should be some accountability on their behavior!! Sportsmanship is without question paramount in our great sport!!GK

aacoach132

Postby aacoach132 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:51 am

wv16refgk wrote:Pitiful plumb pitiful!!!!There should be some accountability on their behavior!! Sportsmanship is without question paramount in our great sport!!GK

Can someone explain what happened? I watched the finals and the Amos/Wood match but didn't see what went wrong. And were WP coaches ejected? And for what? I know a few coaches from their staff personally and haven't heard anything until reading on these forums just now. Guess I missed all of it.
"Just Wrestle."

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:41 pm

People talk about their "love of wrestling". They talk about the "integrity of the sport". They talk about "discipline".

This season at the National Guard Duals, the PRE-determined first criteria for breaking ties was "flagrant misconduct". When the smoke cleared for the team title and runner up team title, there was a THREE way tie for second place. Two of these teams had flagrant misconduct calls against them. Second place went to the school that didn't have any. His team points scored was "minus 1".

I heard a story about the Virginia State Tournament. One school had a kid go 0-2 but he also cost the team a team point for something. The person told me that the school "went in the hole by taking that kid".

If you want to get things under control, create a separate chart of team points deducted and have it on display at next season's state tournament. If Bugtussle High School is in first place, it will be reflected on the team score. How many team points they lose, won't!

However, if Bugtussle High also has their name on display on another board with -1 point, I bet they will not want to get a second one taken away.

Its no wonder kids are out of control these days.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:57 pm

aacoach132 wrote:
wv16refgk wrote:Pitiful plumb pitiful!!!!There should be some accountability on their behavior!! Sportsmanship is without question paramount in our great sport!!GK

Can someone explain what happened? I watched the finals and the Amos/Wood match but didn't see what went wrong. And were WP coaches ejected? And for what? I know a few coaches from their staff personally and haven't heard anything until reading on these forums just now. Guess I missed all of it.

There were a couple slap/punch attempts that were awarded unsportsmanlike penalties, both by the same team on the AAA end. I dunno what, if anything happened on the AA/A end.

edited,,, I mispoke earlier, it was unsportsmanlike or unnecassary roughness calls, I knew that flagrant misconduct would have been over but wasn't thinking
Last edited by mscoach4 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aacoach132

Postby aacoach132 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:44 am

mscoach4 wrote:
aacoach132 wrote:

There were a couple slap/punch attempts that were awarded flagrant misconduct penalties, both by the same team on the AAA end. I dunno what, if anything happened on the AA/A end.

WP had coaches ejected? That's what I'm piecing together based on things people have said on the forum here. I missed all of that.
"Just Wrestle."

WP1992

Postby WP1992 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:20 pm

No Wheeling Park coaches were ejected. What exactly was said that indicated they had a coach ejected???

WP1992

Postby WP1992 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:26 pm

Also, flagrant misconduct would indicate a wrestler was disqualified from the match and ejected. This also did not happen. It’s amazing the things people represent as fact when they are not. Unsportsmanlike conduct is 1 match point, which did happen. I am not going to dispute or discuss the infractions or get into a debate about it, but there is a huge difference between the two terms.

Studcradle

Postby Studcradle » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:01 pm

Which match(es) was unsportsmanlike conduct called? 145? 152? 160? 220?

I did not see a coach get ejected. I thought there is a rule that after 2 unsportsmanlike conduct calls in the same day a coach got excused from the day’s competition and could conceivably come back the next day but after the tournament was over the wvssac would give him a vacation from 10% of the season (carries over to next year)? Maybe that only applies to coaches and the coach is not responsible for wrestler misconduct?

WP1992

Postby WP1992 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:09 pm

Just out of curiosity why do you pick those 4 weights as opposed to others?

I am honestly not familiar with the rule you are referring too, nor am I saying you are wrong. I just know that no Park coaches were ejected.

Return to “High School Wrestling”