Amos vs Frazier

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
WrestlingFan1

Re: Amos vs Frazier

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:14 am

JustSomeone wrote:Frazier just won a state championship, and yet people are on here talking about how good he really is and speculating he will get dominated. Man this place is sad. I remember when this site used to celebrate matchups with respect, now we just see the degradation of kids by keyboard warriors.

Exactly, there was a post on another thread complaining why everyone dislikes(hates) South, this is a really good example.

shemailman

Postby shemailman » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:36 am

matcoach90 wrote:Bottom line is that Frazier doesn't put near the time into wrestling as Haga and Amos do, yet he still dominates. As someone else mentioned, if he did, watch out. He is a nationally ranked recruit in football and that's what he will be doing in college. I love it when homers from other schools come on this site and try to talk tough for the kids who aren't even a part of the discussion. None of you could even hold Frazier's, Haga's or Amos' jock. Each of those kids has a plan for what they want to do in college. Those of you criticizing Frazier's "hips" or athleticism, I suggest you squeeze into a singlet, get on the mat with him and see just how long you last. Better yet, throw on some football pads and a helmet and line up across from him and see what happens. Otherwise, its all pure speculation. These wrestlers compete against who's placed in front of them. They have no control who they meet in the state title match. Winning three straight titles is impressive in any weight class, in any state. Those of you who want to nitpick that fact sound arrogant and entitled.

Agree. He is a super wrestler, football player and athlete in general! I hope that he will go to some highly ranked national tournaments. I bet he will still do really well.
"Trans people deserve something vital; they deserve your respect. From that respect comes a more compassionate community."

-Caitlyn Jenner

shemailman

Postby shemailman » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:37 am

aaacoach49 wrote:
Heath wrote:It should of happened already this year. Frazier is on a different level than Haga but I wish Amos would of wrestled up to face him earlier this year. Obviously he's on a different level than Frazier but still it'd be nice to see one of them come out with a loss. Especially since Porter moved up to heavy weight last year so we didn't even get a chance to see him vs Amos. Kind sucks.

But both Frazier and Amos especially would look great in the old gold and blue. Frazier on the mat and football field and Amos of course on the mat.

To offer some perspective...our 220 bumped up to wrestle Porter in a dual last year and lost 3-1 on a take down in the final 10 seconds of the 3rd period. Earlier in the year, our same guy was tech falled by Amos in the 2nd period.

Great perspective as well.
"Trans people deserve something vital; they deserve your respect. From that respect comes a more compassionate community."

-Caitlyn Jenner

shemailman

Postby shemailman » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:38 am

WrestlingFan1 wrote:
JustSomeone wrote:Frazier just won a state championship, and yet people are on here talking about how good he really is and speculating he will get dominated. Man this place is sad. I remember when this site used to celebrate matchups with respect, now we just see the degradation of kids by keyboard warriors.

Exactly, there was a post on another thread complaining why everyone dislikes(hates) South, this is a really good example.

Note, most people that post aren't South fans, they are wolves in sheep clothing.

-Caitlyn Jenner

mscoach26

Postby mscoach26 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:14 pm

Frazier can make huge amounts of money if, big if, he makes it to the NFL. As stated, he likes football better. He should not be criticized for choosing football, just as Braxton should not be criticized for chasing his dream. Olympic gold medalist Henry Cejudo talks in his autobiography about how broke he was just months after winning at the Olympics. I hope to see Braxton on the Olympic podium at the top and Frazier with a Super Bowl ring and cashing big checks in the NFL. Hopefully by the time Braxton gets there the monetary and endorsement scenarios will be improved. I wish them both all the best and think they both are on track to do great things.

Studcradle

Postby Studcradle » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:34 pm

I wish them both well. I hope they both take advantage of these opportunities to get an education. Coach26 makes a good point that Henry Cejudo was broke shortly after Olympic gold. What he left out was that Henry did not go to college. Getting rich going to NFL? 78% of nfl player are bankrupt within 24 months of leaving the league. Get your diplomas boys and get them in something useful, someday you will be old and need enough money to have unlimited data so you too can hide behind aliases and take shots at high school kids.

Fan55

Postby Fan55 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:40 am

First of all nobody is taking cuts at a high school kid never once did I say he is terrible but yea I did say he hasn’t wrestled the level amos has which is what this Thread is about. Somebody that doesn’t know much about wrestling started this thread saying it would be a good match and everyone else have there aponion if you guys can’t handle it and take offense to it get off here and do something else. It would be no different then saying u would like to see them play football against each other there is no doubt Frazier would be better. Braxton is by far the best wrestler to come from this state without a doubt so give credit where credit is due enough said.

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:12 pm

Fan55 wrote:First of all nobody is taking cuts at a high school kid never once did I say he is terrible but yea I did say he hasn’t wrestled the level amos has which is what this Thread is about. Somebody that doesn’t know much about wrestling started this thread saying it would be a good match and everyone else have there aponion if you guys can’t handle it and take offense to it get off here and do something else. It would be no different then saying u would like to see them play football against each other there is no doubt Frazier would be better. Braxton is by far the best wrestler to come from this state without a doubt so give credit where credit is due enough said.

Me thinks someone doth protest too much... Sounds to me like you are the one who can't handle people coming to the defense of their wrestlers based upon the opinions of others regarding their abilities. After all, when it comes down to it, all of it is speculation and opinion.

Also, please stop with the run-on sentences.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:50 pm

I'm not writing to take anything away from Frazier at all. However, you would need to see the top 20 ranked heavyweights in the nation wrestle to really have the knowledge to say who should be ranked there. I have seen several of them and so has Haga. They were more impressive in their matches with Haga in terms of "domination from a heavyweight standpoint" than I saw in the Frazier-Haga match. Several were just dominant from a wrestling standpoint. It's a big world out there.

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:33 pm

KDunbar wrote:I'm not writing to take anything away from Frazier at all. However, you would need to see the top 20 ranked heavyweights in the nation wrestle to really have the knowledge to say who should be ranked there. I have seen several of them and so has Haga. They were more impressive in their matches with Haga in terms of "domination from a heavyweight standpoint" than I saw in the Frazier-Haga match. Several were just dominant from a wrestling standpoint. It's a big world out there.

Colton Schultz comes to mind.
Moderator WV Mat

RealGreco

Postby RealGreco » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:30 pm

Who is this Gator guy? Seems to be favoring one school over the others. I hope he is not being biased on a certain school because I heard he graduated from the other school across the river!

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:36 pm

RealGreco wrote:Who is this Gator guy? Seems to be favoring one school over the others. I hope he is not being biased on a certain school because I heard he graduated from the other school across the river!

I’m going to take you out in the turkey woods and get you lost! :o
Moderator WV Mat

RealGreco

Postby RealGreco » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:03 am

:lol:
Love it!
Miss WV and it’s crazy people
Hope you are doing well my friend and I would like to take you up on the turkey hunt someday.

Be safe and enjoy life
Greg

Heath

Postby Heath » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:21 pm

rodneyjwv wrote:If Braxton Amos goes to WVU after being visited by Penn State,
I would be surprised! If Braxton wants to win national titles, he needs to wrestle with National Champions! He would get more National exposure at Penn State, be coached by the best coach in the nation, and work out and train with a team of Champions not just a couple qualifiers.

As for Fraisers' being on the mat with Braxton, that would be a good one! Braxton would dominate him. Two different styles, one is attack, dominate, control, the other is opportunistic, and strength. End the end of the 1st maybe beginning of 2nd Fraiser would be pinned, Would not score an offensive point.

Not going to disagree about the outcome except the pin. Doubtful there. Plus I'm assuming we're talking folk style where he'd have to carry all that weight. Amos is on a different skill level no doubt there but I'm assuming you're a PS fan and would of said the same thing about Haga, if they had never met.

Why would he go to Penn State when they have last years number 1 wrestler Michael Beard grey shirting there now. So he would only be one class in front of Amos. Your "exposure" comment is bunk. Other than hardcore fans no one knows who these guys are. If you're talking team national championships, ok def penn st is the place to be, but if your talking individual then he can win those anywhere. Greg Jones proved that three times and should of been four. New coach has the program on the right path. We're recruiting well and have a nice young nucleus of young guys that'll be back with a nice class coming in. Adams could easily put on the weight to be a 235lb heavyweight. You make it sound like just because penn state recruits you that you're automatically a three time national champ. Not so. It'd be amazing if he ever won one NCAA title.

Penn state recruiting him is the first I've heard for Amos or Ferrari. Didn't think they were interested in another 197 because of Beard. Plus the younger Nevilles brother is grey shirting as well. Hate to see Penn state steal another wood county kid. No idea why we didn't offer Strange smh.

I always figured he'd be wrestling for the buckeyes which makes much more sense than ped state. Good lord any school beside them. But I wish him well wherever he goes.

Heath

Postby Heath » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:28 pm

Jchap8750 wrote:Does Fraizer ever go to any national level tournaments? Is he wrestling in college or playing football?

Playing football is his focus after school. Unfortunately because at his weight he could wrestle at least the first couple years at wvu before he starts get big playing time.

He doesn't wrestle year around so no idea how he'd do against that competition.

Is is way better than Haga. If they wrestled this past weekend it wouldn't have been close. That's just the truth. When they wrestled he was only weeks off a 14 game football season and in no way in wrestling strength.
One thing people underestimate about Frazier is he's just plain mean. No he doesn't beat Amos even tho I want to see it.

I'd also love to see Haga and Amos on the football field!! Haga would of made a good dlineman and guard. Damn Amos would make a great linebacker. His legs are huge. But I'm not sure about his running speed with those big ankles (candles). But still would make a good MLB. Has he ever done a thing else?

Heath

Postby Heath » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:35 pm

Slingblade33 wrote:Amos wins, not sure by how much, Frazier would be a lot to deal with and it would be a totally different approach, but he would find a way to win.

That said, I have been following national rankings and I am shocked Frazier isn’t ranked. I am sure it is because he isn’t wrestling in the big national tourney’s...I feel he should be ranked top 20, probably around the 15-20 spot nationally.

A match I would probably fork over some PPV $ to watch would be Braxton Amos vs. AJ Ferrari. AJ was #1 at 195, then went from TX to Blair Academy and then left Blair shortly afterwards to wrestle for Bergen Catholic, he bumped up to 220 for a short time..then in the last week or so fell off the radar, not sure what his deal is...but he has a storied nationally credentialed career as does Braxton. It would just be a flatout intense match.

Definitely should be ranked in the top 20 of Heaveyweights. Haga was for awhile but Frazier is def a top 20 heaveyweight but most of the heavys play football too.

Ferrari from what I've read, him and his brother got kicked off the team at Blair. He's allowed to transfer schools but right now he's not eligible to wrestle at Bergen this year. He'll have plenty of competition with Cardenas. Those practices would be worth watching lol. All three guys will be in the same weight class in two years unless someone bumps up to heaveyweight.

Heath

Postby Heath » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:59 pm

Fan55 wrote:That match was never dominated by either Wrestler hints the 2-1 score. On another not I dk if anyone saw the AA finals match but that kid clearly wasn’t an opponent to brag about winning his 3rd in my opinion his state titles have been with a lot weaker competition. So there’s no way to determine. On a side note your comparing a kid who dominates WV wrestling which we all know is not a high level to a kid that goes to Fargo Ironman and dominates. So pretty sure we can put this to bed.

I agree about the level of comp but he can only beat who's in front of him. If Braxton wasn't going out of state and dominating then you'd be saying the same thing about him. Weak competition. So he wouldn't be Amos, I know their are a lot of people on here that know wayyyyy more about wrestling and the history of WV hs wrestling, is Frazier the best Heavyweight wrestler ever in WV HS history? Most likely Four titles in Four years, all at heavyweight. Does anyone have any names? I'd just like to know and look these guys up. I'm definitely not a WF fan either. Was rooting for BF the whole way lol.

Heath

Postby Heath » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:15 am

aaacoach49 wrote:
Heath wrote:It should of happened already this year. Frazier is on a different level than Haga but I wish Amos would of wrestled up to face him earlier this year. Obviously he's on a different level than Frazier but still it'd be nice to see one of them come out with a loss. Especially since Porter moved up to heavy weight last year so we didn't even get a chance to see him vs Amos. Kind sucks.

But both Frazier and Amos especially would look great in the old gold and blue. Frazier on the mat and football field and Amos of course on the mat.

To offer some perspective...our 220 bumped up to wrestle Porter in a dual last year and lost 3-1 on a take down in the final 10 seconds of the 3rd period. Earlier in the year, our same guy was tech falled by Amos in the 2nd period.

What school was your 220 from? I know porter would of taken an L and pretty sure he knew it too or he would of never moved up to heaveyweight. All the weight he had put on was bad weight anyway. I guess I should of said I wish Amos wasn't hurt his freshman year then maybe we would of saw them meet at 220 or would Amos have been lighter then? I don't think anyone beats him. I just like seeing undefeated guys who are fairly close in weight (not saying him and Frazier are lol) wrestle to just see who the best on that day is. For pure competitions stake. Not just to protect the unblemished record. Ohhhh if Braxton wasn't hurt he could of Faced Adams at 195 but I guess that would of had to of been a duel.

Where in the world did these point pleasant youngsters come from? Lol did they cross the river? I saw where they won 3/4 of the lightest weights and finished second in the other. With two freshman getting pins in the finals and the other two were somemores. Impressive.

Anyone know what happened to the younger Whorton kid? Thought there was a senior one who won states last year and like a sophomore who maybe did too. I can't work myself around this wvmat page good enough to find last years winners. Page needs some serious revamping

Gator

Postby Gator » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:57 pm

I’d like to give my opinion on some the questions asked on this subject.

First, Frazier vs Amos wasn’t going to happen this year because Braxton’s good friend Louden Haga was South’s 285 and most everyone wanted to see Frazier vs Haga. Amos would have to give up some 50-60 lbs to wrestle up.

It’s hard to beat a kid who you can’t score on, the best in country have tried. If you have never attended The Ironman, you wouldn’t understand the level of competition. It’s the very best in the country.

I would love to see Zach and the Point lightweights in the Ironman! I think they would do well. You can ask to enter the event as an individual. Hopefully we see some of them this year in it.

If I were going to pick a former 285 to go against Frazier, it would Parkersburg High’s Aaron Fleming.very good former multiple time state champ. Quick, strong and athletic. Would be a good one!
Moderator WV Mat

Studcradle

Postby Studcradle » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:04 pm

Frazier would do well at ironman. Would beat the hwt champ Shultz from Colorado? Probably not. Would he have placed? I think yes. Gator is right that Ironman gives Individual invites so the point Pleasant lowerweights can test themselves if they are interested but Frazier can’t go to Ironman because fairmont has a good football team. Point’s lightweights probably are not instrumental in point footballs success. South’s football team isn’t very good so making a playoff run that would interfere with ironman has not been a concern in recent history. If football is Frazier’s favorite then making a playoff run is probably more important to him than the Ironman tournament and I don’t blame him a bit.

There was a conversation at the state tournament that amos Frazier had occurred in middle school. Amos wrestled 170 that year and Frazier wrestled 190. Amos bumped up at least 20 pounds from his middle school weight to tech fell Frazier 17-0. Not to say that would be the results now, just some history. Obviously a lot can change from middle school to high school for both wrestlers.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:03 am

“ down goes Frazier”

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:44 pm

Studcradle wrote:Frazier would do well at ironman. Would beat the hwt champ Shultz from Colorado? Probably not. Would he have placed? I think yes. Gator is right that Ironman gives Individual invites so the point Pleasant lowerweights can test themselves if they are interested but Frazier can’t go to Ironman because fairmont has a good football team. Point’s lightweights probably are not instrumental in point footballs success. South’s football team isn’t very good so making a playoff run that would interfere with ironman has not been a concern in recent history. If football is Frazier’s favorite then making a playoff run is probably more important to him than the Ironman tournament and I don’t blame him a bit.

There was a conversation at the state tournament that amos Frazier had occurred in middle school. Amos wrestled 170 that year and Frazier wrestled 190. Amos bumped up at least 20 pounds from his middle school weight to tech fell Frazier 17-0. Not to say that would be the results now, just some history. Obviously a lot can change from middle school to high school for both wrestlers.

Not making an argument, and didn't look at any current calendar dates, but in the past wrestlers did play in the WV state football championships and still wrestle at Ironman. Andy Thomas, from PHS, quarterbacked in the State football playoffs and then placed at the Ironman (unless I'm not remembering things correctly since I didn't research this, but I was there). It was evident that he wasn't in full wrestling shape, but he was elite enough to do it. Unfortunately, for all of us wrestling fanatics, Andy also chose the football path over wrestling.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:58 pm

I would like to see a Texas Tornado Match (all 4 men in the ring) between Amos and Frazier.

Braxton Amos
Branson Amos, Wirt County
Zach Frazier
Marquis Frazier, formerly of Greenbrier West
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

shemailman

Postby shemailman » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:10 pm

Beast of the East is on Dec. 21 and 22. They accept individuals. Football will definitely be over by then. Frazier should enter :!:

-Caitlyn Jenner

WrestlingFan1

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:11 pm

shemailman wrote:Beast of the East is on Dec. 21 and 22. They accept individuals. Football will definitely be over by then. Frazier should enter :!:

Newsflash! Frazier probably couldn't care less about wrestling Amos, its all you guys that keep talking this up. Nobody is calling for Amos to put a football uniform on and let Frazier knock him in to next week. Get over it.

Studcradle

Postby Studcradle » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:03 pm

Tailgatecentral would be a good place to post that thought, it is primarily a football and basketball message board. This being a wrestling board most of the talk seems to focus on wrestling.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:18 am

WrestlingFan1 wrote:
shemailman wrote:Beast of the East is on Dec. 21 and 22. They accept individuals. Football will definitely be over by then. Frazier should enter :!:

Newsflash! Frazier probably couldn't care less about wrestling Amos, its all you guys that keep talking this up. Nobody is calling for Amos to put a football uniform on and let Frazier knock him in to next week. Get over it.

I believe the recent posts and comments had moved on from the Amos vs Frazier discussion and were addressing a "Frazier fans" thoughts on his possible national ranking and the dilemma he faces on achieving that, "if" he (meaning Frazier) was so inclined to be interested in such matters. I too doubted that Frazier himself was even interested in wrestling enough to be reading any of this. However, if the individual(s) who were lamenting his lack of national recognition knew him well enough to communicate with him, some helpful observations and suggestions were being made. I did find the "knock him into next week" comment amusing and I'm guessing both Zach and Braxton would both get a kick out of that too, if they wasted their time reading all this dribble like I do. I'm guessing that's why both of them keep winning state championships.

Return to “High School Wrestling”