Amos vs Frazier

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
coach999

Amos vs Frazier

Postby coach999 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:33 am

I know this match will never happen, but it sure would be fun to watch!

Gator

Re: Amos vs Frazier

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:22 am

Tell Frazier to cut to 195 next season. :o
Moderator WV Mat

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:55 am

It could,,, if Braxton were to wrestle up next fall in the early season quad,,, or will Braxton start cutting down to his college weight next season? I assume that is what Gator was alluding to in his post.

Heath

Postby Heath » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:10 am

It should of happened already this year. Frazier is on a different level than Haga but I wish Amos would of wrestled up to face him earlier this year. Obviously he's on a different level than Frazier but still it'd be nice to see one of them come out with a loss. Especially since Porter moved up to heavey weight last year so we didn't even get a chance to see him vs Amos. Kind sucks.

But both Frazier and Amos especially would look great in the old gold and blue. Frazier on the mat and football field and Amos of course on the mat.

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:45 am

If Braxton Amos goes to WVU after being visited by Penn State,
I would be surprised! If Braxton wants to win national titles, he needs to wrestle with National Champions! He would get more National exposure at Penn State, be coached by the best coach in the nation, and work out and train with a team of Champions not just a couple qualifiers.

As for Fraisers' being on the mat with Braxton, that would be a good one! Braxton would dominate him. Two different styles, one is attack, dominate, control, the other is opportunistic, and strength. End the end of the 1st maybe beginning of 2nd Fraiser would be pinned, Would not score an offensive point.
Rodney James
HS Wrestling Fan GO SOUTH!!

Freakwave15

Postby Freakwave15 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:12 pm

rodneyjwv wrote:If Braxton Amos goes to WVU after being visited by Penn State,
I would be surprised! If Braxton wants to win national titles, he needs to wrestle with National Champions! He would get more National exposure at Penn State, be coached by the best coach in the nation, and work out and train with a team of Champions not just a couple qualifiers.

As for Fraisers' being on the mat with Braxton, that would be a good one! Braxton would dominate him. Two different styles, one is attack, dominate, control, the other is opportunistic, and strength. End the end of the 1st maybe beginning of 2nd Fraiser would be pinned, Would not score an offensive point.

I agree 100%! Braxton would handle him.

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:03 pm

Frazier is a great kid and great wrestler. Amos beats him easy but I will say this they’re the two best wrestlers in this state no question! Frazier is way better than Haga and proved it earlier this year. But Amos wins this one

aaacoach49

Postby aaacoach49 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:44 pm

wrestlingfan23202 wrote:Frazier is a great kid and great wrestler. Amos beats him easy but I will say this they’re the two best wrestlers in this state no question! Frazier is way better than Haga and proved it earlier this year. But Amos wins this one

Come on guys, you’re making yourself sound silly. No one would objectively say a 2-1 OT victory is a sign of someone being “on a different level” or “way better”.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:50 pm

Zack is dominate in WV, Braxton dominates on the national level. Different planets!
Moderator WV Mat

Jchap8750

Postby Jchap8750 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Does Fraizer ever go to any national level tournaments? Is he wrestling in college or playing football?

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:12 pm

aaacoach49 wrote:
wrestlingfan23202 wrote:Frazier is a great kid and great wrestler. Amos beats him easy but I will say this they’re the two best wrestlers in this state no question! Frazier is way better than Haga and proved it earlier this year. But Amos wins this one

Come on guys, you’re making yourself sound silly. No one would objectively say a 2-1 OT victory is a sign of someone being “on a different level” or “way better”.

Well it’s heavyweight between two good ones it’s going to be low scoring. But the whole match Frazier was the aggressor and dominated every period from a HWT wrestling standpoint also he has three titles in three years

Fan55

Postby Fan55 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:07 pm

That match was never dominated by either Wrestler hints the 2-1 score. On another not I dk if anyone saw the AA finals match but that kid clearly wasn’t an opponent to brag about winning his 3rd in my opinion his state titles have been with a lot weaker competition. So there’s no way to determine. On a side note your comparing a kid who dominates WV wrestling which we all know is not a high level to a kid that goes to Fargo Ironman and dominates. So pretty sure we can put this to bed.

jsams

Postby jsams » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:57 pm

Braxton toys with the best wrestler's in the nation and Frazier beat Haga 2-1 in ot he clearly didnt dominate him.. It wouldn't be close.

oroyos

Postby oroyos » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:02 pm

Speaking of being in a class all by himself, Frazier was humble in victory. The law didn’t have to be called and he didn’t have to cause a scene. (Just an outsider looking in)

bearfan

Postby bearfan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:02 pm

1) Definitely not a domination win by Amos.
2) Definition if weak competition is in the eyes of the beholder. Frazier has beaten all 3 in the heavyweight state finals by the end of his match Saturday.

We are talking about 2 completely different types of wrestlers and significantly different sized athletes. 65 pounds is huge, and when it’s 65 pounds of muscle it’s even bigger. Amos definitely with technique and speed, but being able to finish would be extraordinarily difficult. Straight girth of Frazier is difficult to deal with, and then consider the height and limb length difference. I don’t think it’s possoble to understand how unreal Frazier is in terms of physicality until you are very close to him as he performs wrestling movements.

But hey, what do I know. I’m just a bear fan.

bearfan

Postby bearfan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Yes, Frazier doesn’t do much off season wrestling but consider 2 of his matches in the last year about strength of competition. Finals of Winners Choice was over supposedly the 2nd ranked heavyweight in PA. And last summer he went with his uncles team to VA and beat a year round, nationally ranked heavyweight from Colorado I believe after not having wrestled for 2 months. And so far Powerade hasn’t conceded his acceptance to wrestle after attempts by his coaches and AD to enter him the last 2 years. Probably the guy to ask is Haga. How was it wrestling Frazier compared to the daily with Amos?

Fan55

Postby Fan55 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:01 pm

Well if you knew the past with amos and wood u would understand he had a couple cheap shots at Braxton at the ovac and also bit him so there’s gonna be alittle turmoil so keep wrestling scrubs and be proud of it.

Campion

Postby Campion » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:19 pm

What did you guys think of the Chapman - Haga match?

Slingblade33

Postby Slingblade33 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Amos wins, not sure by how much, Frazier would be a lot to deal with and it would be a totally different approach, but he would find a way to win.

That said, I have been following national rankings and I am shocked Frazier isn’t ranked. I am sure it is because he isn’t wrestling in the big national tourney’s...I feel he should be ranked top 20, probably around the 15-20 spot nationally.

A match I would probably fork over some PPV $ to watch would be Braxton Amos vs. AJ Ferrari. AJ was #1 at 195, then went from TX to Blair Academy and then left Blair shortly afterwards to wrestle for Bergen Catholic, he bumped up to 220 for a short time..then in the last week or so fell off the radar, not sure what his deal is...but he has a storied nationally credentialed career as does Braxton. It would just be a flatout intense match.

oroyos

Postby oroyos » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:59 pm

Fan55 wrote:Well if you knew the past with amos and wood u would understand he had a couple cheap shots at Braxton at the ovac and also bit him so there’s gonna be alittle turmoil so keep wrestling scrubs and be proud of it.

Keep wrestling scrubs? Wanna elaborate ?

Freakwave15

Postby Freakwave15 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:15 pm

bearfan wrote:Yes, Frazier doesn’t do much off season wrestling but consider 2 of his matches in the last year about strength of competition. Finals of Winners Choice was over supposedly the 2nd ranked heavyweight in PA. And last summer he went with his uncles team to VA and beat a year round, nationally ranked heavyweight from Colorado I believe after not having wrestled for 2 months. And so far Powerade hasn’t conceded his acceptance to wrestle after attempts by his coaches and AD to enter him the last 2 years. Probably the guy to ask is Haga. How was it wrestling Frazier compared to the daily with Amos?

Personally, Frazier is a great kid. He is a good football player as well. Him as a wrestler... ehhh. I know he has three titles and that’s great I would never take that away from him, but he hasn’t had any competition in 285. His hips aren’t the good enough to be a D1 wrestler. He’s just stronger then everyone at this point.
Like I said he’s a great kid, he’s a football player who’s family loves wrestling so they turned him into a “Heavyweight wrestler”. I know he’ll be a 4X State Champion. No doubt in my mind.

bearfan

Postby bearfan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:41 pm

Freakwave15 wrote:
bearfan wrote:Yes, Frazier doesn’t do much off season wrestling but consider 2 of his matches in the last year about strength of competition. Finals of Winners Choice was over supposedly the 2nd ranked heavyweight in PA. And last summer he went with his uncles team to VA and beat a year round, nationally ranked heavyweight from Colorado I believe after not having wrestled for 2 months. And so far Powerade hasn’t conceded his acceptance to wrestle after attempts by his coaches and AD to enter him the last 2 years. Probably the guy to ask is Haga. How was it wrestling Frazier compared to the daily with Amos?

Personally, Frazier is a great kid. He is a good football player as well. Him as a wrestler... ehhh. I know he has three titles and that’s great I would never take that away from him, but he hasn’t had any competition in 285. His hips aren’t the good enough to be a D1 wrestler. He’s just stronger then everyone at this point.
Like I said he’s a great kid, he’s a football player who’s family loves wrestling so they turned him into a “Heavyweight wrestler”. I know he’ll be a 4X State Champion. No doubt in my mind.

He started wrestling before playing football. He chose football because he likes it more. Should he decide to dedicate all of his time to wrestling he would be an even more dominant wrestler than he is now. He’s wrestled everyone at every level put in front of him. I guess the D1 wrestling coaches contacting him don’t know anything about good hips??? He has beaten the best in AAA, anything AA has to offer and that’s not good enough? Because he doesn’t join some traveling roadshow of wrestlers makes him “ehhh”? Gimme a break. I know the kid personally and I’m glad he doesn’t read this crap. He’s already working out for football.

Seabass

Postby Seabass » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:40 am

Gator wrote:Zack is dominate in WV, Braxton dominates on the national level. Different planets!

Frazier was ranked 6th in the nation in his age group on the mat magazine top sophomores and freshmen of last year. He beat the 2nd ranked kid on that list at VA beach last spring. Plus not to mention Frazier is a 4-5 Star Football recruit in his class, (in the nation). WVU better pray he considered them at by the time the rest of the big schools offer him. Frazier is definitely on the national level and to think other wise would be silly

shemailman

Postby shemailman » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:19 am

Nice try but the Powerade doesn't accept sole individuals into their tournament. However, Walsh Jesuit does. Beast of the East does. He could place. Win no, but place perhaps. Big IF though.

Haga would most likely say that there is no comparison considering Haga only lost to Frazier in a ride out situation.
"Trans people deserve something vital; they deserve your respect. From that respect comes a more compassionate community."

-Caitlyn Jenner

shemailman

Postby shemailman » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:21 am

oroyos wrote:
Fan55 wrote:Well if you knew the past with amos and wood u would understand he had a couple cheap shots at Braxton at the ovac and also bit him so there’s gonna be alittle turmoil so keep wrestling scrubs and be proud of it.

Keep wrestling scrubs? Wanna elaborate ?

I think that he means he won't leave the state to wrestle top national tournaments like Haga and South in general does. Want Frazier to be ranked? Then leave the state and wrestle. PA and OH aren't far away.
"Trans people deserve something vital; they deserve your respect. From that respect comes a more compassionate community."

-Caitlyn Jenner

bearfan

Postby bearfan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:44 am

Wrestling season is Frazier’s off season from football.

JustSomeone

Postby JustSomeone » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:15 am

Frazier just won a state championship, and yet people are on here talking about how good he really is and speculating he will get dominated. Man this place is sad. I remember when this site used to celebrate matchups with respect, now we just see the degradation of kids by keyboard warriors.

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:23 am

Bottom line is that Frazier doesn't put near the time into wrestling as Haga and Amos do, yet he still dominates. As someone else mentioned, if he did, watch out. He is a nationally ranked recruit in football and that's what he will be doing in college. I love it when homers from other schools come on this site and try to talk tough for the kids who aren't even a part of the discussion. None of you could even hold Frazier's, Haga's or Amos' jock. Each of those kids has a plan for what they want to do in college. Those of you criticizing Frazier's "hips" or athleticism, I suggest you squeeze into a singlet, get on the mat with him and see just how long you last. Better yet, throw on some football pads and a helmet and line up across from him and see what happens. Otherwise, its all pure speculation. These wrestlers compete against who's placed in front of them. They have no control who they meet in the state title match. Winning three straight titles is impressive in any weight class, in any state. Those of you who want to nitpick that fact sound arrogant and entitled.

JustSomeone

Postby JustSomeone » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:57 am

matcoach90 wrote:Bottom line is that Frazier doesn't put near the time into wrestling as Haga and Amos do, yet he still dominates. As someone else mentioned, if he did, watch out. He is a nationally ranked recruit in football and that's what he will be doing in college. I love it when homers from other schools come on this site and try to talk tough for the kids who aren't even a part of the discussion. None of you could even hold Frazier's, Haga's or Amos' jock. Each of those kids has a plan for what they want to do in college. Those of you criticizing Frazier's "hips" or athleticism, I suggest you squeeze into a singlet, get on the mat with him and see just how long you last. Better yet, throw on some football pads and a helmet and line up across from him and see what happens. Otherwise, its all pure speculation. These wrestlers compete against who's placed in front of them. They have no control who they meet in the state title match. Winning three straight titles is impressive in any weight class, in any state. Those of you who want to nitpick that fact sound arrogant and entitled.

Well said! Instead of this ridiculous speculation, let's just enjoy the fact that all 3 are deserving young men who are state champs.

aaacoach49

Postby aaacoach49 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:10 am

Heath wrote:It should of happened already this year. Frazier is on a different level than Haga but I wish Amos would of wrestled up to face him earlier this year. Obviously he's on a different level than Frazier but still it'd be nice to see one of them come out with a loss. Especially since Porter moved up to heavy weight last year so we didn't even get a chance to see him vs Amos. Kind sucks.

But both Frazier and Amos especially would look great in the old gold and blue. Frazier on the mat and football field and Amos of course on the mat.

To offer some perspective...our 220 bumped up to wrestle Porter in a dual last year and lost 3-1 on a take down in the final 10 seconds of the 3rd period. Earlier in the year, our same guy was tech falled by Amos in the 2nd period.

Return to “High School Wrestling”