Congrats to Madonna’s Cook twins- two state champs

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aacoach61

Congrats to Madonna’s Cook twins- two state champs

Postby aacoach61 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:20 pm

I want to congratulate Weirton Madonna’s Alec Cook, AA/A 145# state champ and his twin brother Garrett Cook, AA/A 220# state champ. Have twin brothers ever won state titles in the same year?

This was Alec’s second state title and he finished with an incredible record of 49-2. He is signed to wrestle at Clairion U. and we can’t wait to watch him at that level.

Garrett finished the year a perfect 49-0 and will be wrestling at West Liberty. Garrett has so much upside and will be exciting to follow.

It takes a lot of good coaching and a supportive family to reach that level, and I know their dad, Denny, a former college wrestler at Waynesburg deserves a shout out for all his hard work. Madonna Head Coach Jamie Lesho, a former state wrestling place winner for Madonna, is to be congratulated also. Proud of all of you!

Mike Nogay
Former Madonna Head Wrestling Coach

wv16refgk

Re: Congrats to Madonna’s Cook twins- two state champs

Postby wv16refgk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:59 am

Congrats guys what a great accomplishment for both of you!!! Good luck in your respective careers in the future!! GK

aacoach73

Postby aacoach73 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:46 am

Thank you , I can’t explain how thankful and proud I am of my two boys. Didn’t know if I was going to make it through both matches. I still really dont understand what Garrett was thinking (moving up) , but that’s Garrett. Lol
Brothers getting to win a state championship together is awesome, but twins makes it a little better. Something they will never forget.
Now the next chapter, sitting in the stands and watching as a dad, not a coach.
I would like to thank Madonna, the Madonna coaches, their club coaches, practice partners and anyone else I forgot. Can’t wait to see what the next 4 or 5 years will bring. It’s been a great ride. Thanks again.
Denny Cook

wv16refgk

Postby wv16refgk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:49 pm

You can be very proud of those two!!! Great kids!!!I know their success is just beginning!!GK

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:02 am

What is also really cool is that they are not identical. Different DNA. Yet still the same result. It's not just genetics, it's family, competitive spirit, and all the things that make wrestling great. Congratulations to all who worked and strove to help two young men hopefully attain what it truly means to be successful in life. They are certainly well on their way.

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:03 pm

I don’t know which is more incredible, the size difference in these two or their championship?

I’ll go with both! Congratulations guys, we’ll done!!
Moderator WV Mat

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:08 pm

Gator wrote:I don’t know which is more incredible, the size difference in these two or their championship?

I’ll go with both! Congratulations guys, well done!!
Moderator WV Mat

aacoach73

Postby aacoach73 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:57 am

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Return to “High School Wrestling”