Braxton County

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Braxton County

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:29 am

Braxton County has a more promising line up returning next season than in previous years.

It is time for BC to enter the WSAZ.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhugger

Re: Braxton County

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:53 pm

Braxton County had 3 state finalists in 2019. GREAT job!!!!! When was the last time this happened?

We need Braxton County in the WSAZ in 2020!!!!

Gator

Postby Gator » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:45 am

Coach Williams, a constant contributor to the forum, has his son Jordan Williams enjoy an undefeated, state championship year at Braxton. Congratulations to him on a great season! Will get to see him another year!
Moderator WV Mat

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:27 pm

Bearhugger wrote:Braxton County had 3 state finalists in 2019. GREAT job!!!!! When was the last time this happened?

First time in school history that we had 3 finalist and 4th is the highest finish in school history.

Unfortunately our 195 suffered a high ankle sprain 3 days before states and our 120 suffered a broken/dislocated thumb two days before states or we may have finished higher. To their credit, both of those young men tried to wrestle through their injuries and both won a match.

I can not speak on our schedule. WSAZs is still a long way off. You never know...

Gator wrote:Coach Williams, a constant contributor to the forum, has his son Jordan Williams enjoy an undefeated, state championship year at Braxton. Congratulations to him on a great season! Will get to see him another year!

Thanks Gator. I am very proud of him and his accomplishments this season. To his credit, he is already back in the weight room looking towards next year. He will also be competing this year at VA Beach and probably TOC.

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:04 pm

coach_williams wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:Braxton County had 3 state finalists in 2019. GREAT job!!!!! When was the last time this happened?

First time in school history that we had 3 finalist and 4th is the highest finish in school history.

Unfortunately our 195 suffered a high ankle sprain 3 days before states and our 120 suffered a broken/dislocated thumb two days before states or we may have finished higher. To their credit, both of those young men tried to wrestle through their injuries and both won a match.

I can not speak on our schedule. WSAZs is still a long way off. You never know...

Gator wrote:Coach Williams, a constant contributor to the forum, has his son Jordan Williams enjoy an undefeated, state championship year at Braxton. Congratulations to him on a great season! Will get to see him another year!

Thanks Gator. I am very proud of him and his accomplishments this season. To his credit, he is already back in the weight room looking towards next year. He will also be competing this year at VA Beach and probably TOC.
Do you think your weight classes from 60-HW can maintain their weight for next year? All our underclassman aren't they?

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:23 pm

mscoach64 wrote:
coach_williams wrote:

Do you think your weight classes from 60-HW can maintain their weight for next year? All our underclassman aren't they?

Yes all are underclassmen. I wouldn't dare to try and predict weights for next year.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:51 pm

coach_williams wrote:

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but couldn't help but think that if we didn't have the extra week for all the other wrestlers to get over their injuries and skin infections, then these two wrestlers would have been perfectly fit to wrestle in the state tournament that they have been using the previous 31/2 months to prepare for. Oh well.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:00 pm

KDunbar wrote:
coach_williams wrote:

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but couldn't help but think that if we didn't have the extra week for all the other wrestlers to get over their injuries and skin infections, then these two wrestlers would have been perfectly fit to wrestle in the state tournament that they have been using the previous 31/2 months to prepare for. Oh well.

Good point

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:04 pm

coach_williams wrote:

The fans have spoken. Coach Beane needs to pull the trigger and bring the Braxton County wrestlers to the WSAZ. BC just had its 4th highest state finish in school history. The majority of the talent is coming back. Williams will be a senior. The WSAZ has the capacity and should welcome CB &BC (Coach Beane and Braxton County).

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:15 pm

KDunbar wrote:Not meaning to hijack this thread, but couldn't help but think that if we didn't have the extra week for all the other wrestlers to get over their injuries and skin infections, then these two wrestlers would have been perfectly fit to wrestle in the state tournament that they have been using the previous 31/2 months to prepare for. Oh well.

No hijack to it. I already thought the same thing, but was keeping it to myself.

Return to “High School Wrestling”