Coach Ted Zervos

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
JMfan

Coach Ted Zervos

Postby JMfan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:32 pm

I want to wish Coach Ted Zervos (John Marshall) good luck in his future. Coach Zervos coached his last high school match Saturday at the Big Sandy Arena. He coached Anthony Carman to a State Championship. Coach Zervos will retire from high school wrestling, but I will guarantee you, he will be in the stands cheering on the Monarchs side by side with past Monarch coaches, Ed West, Ed Dugas, and Bill Hinegardner. I am so proud that I got to be a small part of the program with Coach Zervos. His push and determination will be missed in the practice room, but I’m sure the Monarch Tradition will continue by whomever takes the reigns next year.
Last edited by JMfan on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustSomeone

Re: Coach Ted Zervos

Postby JustSomeone » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:44 pm

A great coach and a class act!

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:03 pm

This is truly a bitter-sweet ending to a wonderful career. I know my son wanted to win the state for him as much as he wanted it for himself. He has been a tremendous part of Anthony's development. I'm sure he will be in the stands all the time and I'm sure he will make an appearance or two in the practice room. Best of luck in the future. Always and forever, COACH. You have left your mark on so many of our kids and we say thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Monarch1996

Postby Monarch1996 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:59 pm

Joining the chorus here. Apart from my freshman season at Moundsville in 1993, I was always a JV guy. You'd never know it by how Coach Zervos treated us, frequently he was my full speed partner during my senior year, his first as a coach at JM. Wonderful friend, wonderful coach.

wv16refgk

Postby wv16refgk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:24 pm

Coach Ted Zervos was a class act when I met him some 20 years ago and went out a class act retiring after this tournament!! In the 20 or so State tournaments that he and I participated in together he was always professional, loved what he did for the right reasons and was a totally class act!! I wish him well in his future endeavors and will always call him a friend. GK

wv16refgk

Postby wv16refgk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:31 pm

I would be remiss in not saying that he continued the tradition of class coaches at John Marshall from Bill Hinegardner to , Ed Dugas and Ed West what a group of Hall of Fame guys who just happened to be Coaches at John Marshall!! All of the aforementioned and Ted changed lives for the better. Now its time for someone to nominate Ted for the HOF!!!GK

Return to “High School Wrestling”