At Large Bids, Rankings, Etc

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

At Large Bids, Rankings, Etc

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:45 pm

The NCAA allocates tournament births by weight class, by conference tournament based on rankings (or something pretty close to that). How is this doable when many feel rankings do not matter???

If a wrestler fails to qualify through the conference tournament, he can still get in through "at large" bids. Isn't this like a participation trophy???

I am taking upon myself they do all of this to get the best wrestlers into the NCAA tournament.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Studcradle

Re: At Large Bids, Rankings, Etc

Postby Studcradle » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:52 pm

NCAA also has a recovery week between conference qualifiers and the national tournament. WVSSAC gets crucified for doing the same between regional and state.

aacoach117

Postby aacoach117 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:53 am

Studcradle wrote:NCAA also has a recovery week between conference qualifiers and the national tournament. WVSSAC gets crucified for doing the same between regional and state.

The WVSSAC added the week for a very different reason than the NCAA does.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:00 am

aacoach117 wrote:
Studcradle wrote:NCAA also has a recovery week between conference qualifiers and the national tournament. WVSSAC gets crucified for doing the same between regional and state.

Well, it is done for a kinda similar reason isn't it? I mean to get an attorney and " recovery-their-butt".

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:34 pm

KDunbar wrote:
aacoach117 wrote:

Well, it is done for a kinda similar reason isn't it? I mean to get an attorney and " recovery-their-butt".

Weird that OH wrestles Sectionals, Districts and the State in consecutive weeks

Return to “High School Wrestling”