Curious

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aacoach29

Curious

Postby aacoach29 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:04 pm

I am curious on what high school sports teams in WV that participate in state tournaments gets their hotel rooms paid for or at least get reimbursements if they pay up front.

JR080502

Re: Curious

Postby JR080502 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:58 pm

I don't know about other schools but Parkersburg South never pays for hotel rooms... Whats your point of asking this question?

Matofficial

Postby Matofficial » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:44 am

JR, just out of curiosity who does pay for a Parkersburg South rooms since you seem to be in the know ? Will you answer or hide behind your anonymity?
David Jeffrey
PSHS Booster President
PSHS Assistant Coach

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:56 pm

aacoach29 wrote:I am curious on what high school sports teams in WV that participate in state tournaments gets their hotel rooms paid for or at least get reimbursements if they pay up front.

I guess I'm just dense, but I'm guessing every team gets their room paid for and don't get comped by the hotel. ( Although many people who have been going to the wrestling state tourney for many, many years probably feel like they ought to get comped). I presume the rooms are either paid for by the school BOE, the school itself, the boosters, or the wrestler's parents. Would anybody out there like to pay for mine?

aacoach29

Postby aacoach29 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:16 pm

JR My point given: I was asking how many sports teams that participate in their sports state tournament were given x amount of rooms and do not have to pay for the rooms. (Participants and coaching staffs only) South, along with all the other wrestling teams that qualify for their state tourney, pay high dollar for their stay. Again, just curious, what do other sports do?

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:25 pm

I know the South boosters/parents work very hard at many fundraisers to raise money for the team. Fans are very generous and involved also. Nothing is given to them, it’s earned.

I still owe you a lunch KDunbar, but a room?
Moderator WV Mat

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:48 pm

Gator wrote:I know the South boosters/parents work very hard at many fundraisers to raise money for the team. Fans are very generous and involved also. Nothing is given to them, it’s earned.

I still owe you a lunch KDunbar, but a room?

Well then how about a lunch in the room. I guess that's what they call room service.

Return to “High School Wrestling”