BEAR TRACKS!!!!!

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

BEAR TRACKS!!!!!

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:32 pm

I have full intention of getting an updated version out this week to reflect where we are at this point of the season. Please send me any input you want to share.

Thank you to those who have been providing input via WVMat and Facebook.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

ObulReddenbacher

Re: BEAR TRACKS!!!!!

Postby ObulReddenbacher » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:16 am

Seems awfully early. There are some teams that have wrestlers with A higher percentage of their wins have been from forfeit. you have some teams like Parkersburg south, independence, and Point who have gone out of state and wrestled top competition and some of the wrestlers might’ve taken a loss. It might be good to give it a couple weeks and let teams wrestle some first.

It’s like ranking collegiate teams before they even play a game. Let them get 10 or 15 matches under their belt before you start ranking. Just my opinion.

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:52 pm

ObulReddenbacher wrote:Seems awfully early. There are some teams that have wrestlers with A higher percentage of their wins have been from forfeit. you have some teams like Parkersburg south, independence, and Point who have gone out of state and wrestled top competition and some of the wrestlers might’ve taken a loss. It might be good to give it a couple weeks and let teams wrestle some first.

It’s like ranking collegiate teams before they even play a game. Let them get 10 or 15 matches under their belt before you start ranking. Just my opinion.

Early? Bearhugger has already done like 6 editions of rankings. He puts a lot of research in his rankings and he pays attention and goes to events out of state to gather info. I think they are fun!
Moderator WV Mat

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:41 am

Does Bearhugger have any thoughts on how to utilize match-ups between wrestlers from different classifications (ie when "significant" matches occur between AA & AAA wrestlers of the same weight class) ?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:20 am

KDunbar wrote:Does Bearhugger have any thoughts on how to utilize match-ups between wrestlers from different classifications (ie when "significant" matches occur between AA & AAA wrestlers of the same weight class) ?

To keep the rankings free of opinion, Bear Tracks has always ignored wins and losses to out of state opponents and opponents of different classifications.

Other ranking systems are free to rank how they see fit (i.e. WVMat rankings, Sam's rankings, Gator Tracks, Sleeves Tracks, etc).
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”