A.M.O.S.

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

A.M.O.S.

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:01 pm

A.M.O.S. = Action Man Of South.

A man is not responsible for his competition! However, how a man embraces competition is a another story in itself.

I want to connect a few dots that may have been lost in the shuffle thus far. Braxton comes out of a three year retirement and plays football for South this season. Through chance, South's football team has a bye week on Super 32 weekend. Braxton takes off his pads and goes down and wins his third Super 32 title. Back on the football field Monday.

This past weekend, he wins his third Ironman title and then learns of being selected as AAA All State in football.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Gator

Re: A.M.O.S.

Postby Gator » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:33 pm

There are probably readers on here that do not understand the level of competition at the Ironman. Most of the top teams and wrestlers from all around the country converge on Stow, Ohio in December.

Braxton toyed with the top ranked guys up there this past weekend. He makes it look easy when in fact, it’s not. The kid is on another level and deserves all the awards he achieves because he works so hard at it.

I’ve said it before, you can’t beat a wrestler you can’t score on!

If anyone In the country is better, I’ve yet to see them wrestle.
Moderator WV Mat

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:37 pm

And just to think, you had no idea who he was four years ago. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:00 pm

TrueSouthFanInPburg wrote:And just to think, you had no idea who he was four years ago. :roll: :roll: :roll:

True. I do not know anything about any middle school wrestlers to this day.

However, I have not missed any of Braxton's state tournaments. Are you coming this season?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:00 pm

A.M.O.S. = Another Man Opposing Sleeves

russling

Postby russling » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:07 pm

Congrats again and again.

I have followed WV HS wrestling for 25 years and consider Braxton the best in WV HS that I have ever seen. Who in the past would be at his level or better?

Coach_BradleyReed

Postby Coach_BradleyReed » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:22 pm

I'd pay good money to see Braxton vs. AJ Ferrari. I hope that match up is early in the college season next year, assuming they are in the same weight class and don't redshirt.

clayccoach

Postby clayccoach » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:50 pm

russling wrote:Congrats again and again.

I have followed WV HS wrestling for 25 years and consider Braxton the best in WV HS that I have ever seen. Who in the past would be at his level or better?

I think you're right.

A list off the top of my head:

Dylan Cottrell
Brandon Raider
The Easter brothers from Nitro
Possibly Jared Haught

And I think Braxton Amos beats every one of them (if the weight is the same obviously) and has a more impressive resume.

I've also heard Braxton is an great person off the mat. Can't help but root for this guy.

I hope the pressure doesn't get to him but is it reasonable to have NCAA championships and possible Olympic medalist expectations for him?

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:35 pm

Yes, I'm going to the State Tournament. Last year was the only time I have missed it. I had surgery a couple of days before it and my doctor (two time State Champion from South Jason Barton) advised me to stay home and recover.

Return to “High School Wrestling”