Roane Raider Placements

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Roane Raider Placements

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:26 am

I am seeking clarity for many of us.

In reviewing the individual results of the RRC, are the following assumptions accurate:

1. The first place did indeed defeat the second placer in head to head?

2. The third placer did indeed defeat the fourth placer in head to head?

3. The third placer's head to head loss was to EITHER the champion or the runner up??

I do prefer this format.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

aacoach117

Re: Roane Raider Placements

Postby aacoach117 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:11 pm

3rd would have been in a pool with either the 1st or 2nd placer, but not both since the championship match was between the two best record wrestlers in the two pools. So the 3rd placer would only have a loss to one of the top two.

aacoach70

Postby aacoach70 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:09 pm

To answer Bearhugger's assumptions:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes, one or the other. Complete head to head results would reveal which,.. but I'll leave reporting those to the respective schools.

Regarding these dual match scores that get posted, this is not a true duals tournament. It is an individual pool tournament that simply appears to be a dual for sake of keeping teams/coaches together on one mat and for making it more fan-friendly to follow what's going on. If two teams have full line-ups, these scores are pretty accurate, but because of our format, teams cannot bump wrestlers around, make substitutions, or strategize to win the dual, so trying to apply a dual match score might be a little difficult, however, reporting the dual does have value in letting us see the results of individual match-ups. I just wanted to clear this up.

aacoach70

Postby aacoach70 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:20 pm

For anyone who wants to go through the effort, these were the pools:
A.
Braxton County
Capital
Ravenswood
Roane County
Williamstown
B.
Calhoun County
Fairmont Senior
Greenbrier West
Liberty-Harrison
Poca

So, when viewing individual placewinners, it can be deduced that all wrestlers from the same pool had head-to-head match-ups.

Return to “High School Wrestling”