OVAC Rankings

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
TrueSouthFanInPburg

OVAC Rankings

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:43 am

Hay Kenny, if you look at the new OVAC rankings you'll see South is now #1, Beaver is #2 and Wheeling Park is #3 based on your points for first thru 8th.
1-South-100 pts
2-Beaver-93 pts
3-W.Park-91 pts

KDunbar

Re: OVAC Rankings

Postby KDunbar » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:55 am

Just added things up again real quick (so I could have made a mistake) and I get different numbers than yours.
First of all, one needs to subtract Oscar Lemus for South listed at 182 (If Sean sees this he could make the correction on the OVAeC site). Last I heard (word on the street) was that Lemus was wrestling with the JV squad at a higher weight class. Here's what I get (with Lemus removed and an extra point for Beaver Local as their 182 moves up into eighth place).
1. Beaver Local = 97 points
2. Wheeling Park = 91 points
2. South = 91 points
In either case, I initially was making the point that Wheeling Park is right up there, front and center, in this fight to see if anyone can hang in there with Beaver Local. For me, that's what makes tournaments even more exciting than just watching wrestlers looking for individual glory. That is, when everyone on the team is battling for every point right down to the guy who may only win one match, but does so with a pin or refuses to get beat by being pinned.

JennyHannan

Postby JennyHannan » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:17 am

I sent a message to Shaggy to have him remove Oscar at 182 and put Brent Parkhurst in. I JUST got the Ritchie County results for all of our Blue Team wrestlers sorted out Friday afternoon, and then I had to get the book updated.

The results will be reported. Just be patient with me.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:19 am

Thank goodness they wrestle on the mat instead of paper. :mrgreen:
Moderator WV Mat

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:47 pm

Gator wrote:Thank goodness they wrestle on the mat instead of paper. :mrgreen:

Yeh, they're just a rough estimate based mainly on last years placements. They get updated as match-ups occur, but for a lot of these wrestlers that doesn't happen until the actual tournament. However, overall they generally do a good job of seeding the tournament. They have a lot more familiarity with the Ohio kids moving up from middle school than they do of the WV kids it seems. Ptobably because of the Ohio MS state tournaments. Again, my comment wasn't about the accuracy of the rankings, but more of a pat on the back to the Wheeling Park team, and a warning to the others.

Studcradle

Postby Studcradle » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:24 pm

In the past the coaches did a good job of seeding. OVAC is trying a new system with a closed door committee. We will need to give it a year or two to see how the new system plays out.

How did Wheeling Park do at Beast of the East this weekend? I can’t find results.

csmith11

Postby csmith11 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:49 pm

Studcradle wrote:In the past the coaches did a good job of seeding. OVAC is trying a new system with a closed door committee. We will need to give it a year or two to see how the new system plays out.

How did Wheeling Park do at Beast of the East this weekend? I can’t find results.
. www.trackwrestling.com

AdolphHighCrotch

Postby AdolphHighCrotch » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:49 pm

Studcradle wrote:In the past the coaches did a good job of seeding. OVAC is trying a new system with a closed door committee. We will need to give it a year or two to see how the new system plays out.

From the looks of Track Wrestling they finished 43rd and doesn’t look like anyone placed.

Return to “High School Wrestling”