Zack Fraizer

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
bootrider221

Zack Fraizer

Postby bootrider221 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:06 pm

Whats going on with Frazier word is he cant wrestle due to his weight which is supposedly 320 and his assessment wont let him cut!!!

Steele2024

Re: Zack Fraizer

Postby Steele2024 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:10 pm

I dont know any about his situation but I have a wrestler that certified at 300 pounds with 23 percent body fat. He is not eligible for 285 until the week before regionals due to a rule that they are only aloud to lose a max 2 pounds per week.

Studcradle

Postby Studcradle » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:55 pm

Wrestled at Cameron this week, pinned his way through bracket. I think someone is pulling your leg.

mattman

Postby mattman » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:54 am

Looking forward to the Frazier/Amos match at wsaz

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:29 am

mattman wrote:Looking forward to the Frazier/Amos match at wsaz

Don't know where you got that info, but that's not happening.

Hard Head

Postby Hard Head » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:28 pm

West isn't attending Z's and this WOULD NOT be a contest. After what I saw at Cameron, Frazier wants no part of Amos. Amos wins by tech fall or pin.

Lloyd Christmas

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:43 pm

FSHS chose to go to the brooke tourney that is tougher than the Zs

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:49 pm

Lloyd Christmas wrote:FSHS chose to go to the brooke tourney that is tougher than the Zs

I think that guy in the "red hoodie" still has your thinking skewed.

Lets all decide to make a note of how all WV wrestlers that compete at the Brooke Classic do at the WV state tournament as opposed to wrestlers that compete at the WSAZ.

FSHS has a good, solid team. They should be at the WSAZ.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

oroyos

Postby oroyos » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:18 pm

Hard Head wrote:

West isn't attending Z's and this WOULD NOT be a contest. After what I saw at Cameron, Frazier wants no part of Amos. Amos wins by tech fall or pin.

He only beat the boy from Woodrow Wilson 7-0. How is he gonna tech Frazier? Lol

Obviously, you weren't at the match or you would know why the score was only 7-0.

I question if you know anything about wrestling.

Bearhug

Postby Bearhug » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:17 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
Lloyd Christmas wrote:FSHS chose to go to the brooke tourney that is tougher than the Zs

Lets all decide to make a note of how all WV wrestlers that compete at the Brooke Classic do at the WV state tournament as opposed to wrestlers that compete at the WSAZ.

Dont discredit the Brooke Tournament. It has shot up back to its reputation as one of the states tough tournament the last few years. For Example, soon to be 4x state champion Peyton Hall has yet to even win the Brooke tournament, not to mention a few years ago south went to it and didnt come close to winning it as a team.The PA schools that go to the Brooke tournament make it tougher than SAZ's IMO.

I think you're too miskewed with WSAZ's. Dont get me wrong SAZ's is a great tournament with South, Huntington, Point PL, Indy etc.. but is it the toughest in the state competition wise? I know the majority of tough schools in the south go to it, but pretty much everyone in NCWV, the northern pan handle and eastern pan handle dont go to WSAZ's

Winners Choice has Waynesburg PA (who placed higher than south at the ironman and has a legit shot at taking states in PA), Parkersburg, and pretty much every tough school in the northern part of WV. I also heard Peter's Township will be there this year along with North Allegany.

Then OVAC is right up there in competition as well with South, Steubenville, Wheeling Park and many others. I think it can be debated that any of these tournaments is tougher than the other.

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:48 pm

Bearhug wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Dont discredit the Brooke Tournament. It has shot up back to its reputation as one of the states tough tournament the last few years. For Example, soon to be 4x state champion Peyton Hall has yet to even win the Brooke tournament, not to mention a few years ago south went to it and didnt come close to winning it as a team.The PA schools that go to the Brooke tournament make it tougher than SAZ's IMO.

I think you're too miskewed with WSAZ's. Dont get me wrong SAZ's is a great tournament with South, Huntington, Point PL, Indy etc.. but is it the toughest in the state competition wise? I know the majority of tough schools in the south go to it, but pretty much everyone in NCWV, the northern pan handle and eastern pan handle dont go to WSAZ's

Winners Choice has Waynesburg PA (who placed higher than south at the ironman and has a legit shot at taking states in PA), Parkersburg, and pretty much every tough school in the northern part of WV. I also heard Peter's Township will be there this year along with North Allegany.

Then OVAC is right up there in competition as well with South, Steubenville, Wheeling Park and many others. I think it can be debated that any of these tournaments is tougher than the other.

Since I don’t believe Hall ever made 145 base weight this year, a match vs Victor Voinovich May be unlikely but I’d love to see that happen. Maybe Voinovich will bump up. There is no reason not to unless his team truly covets the Brooke Classic title. These ranked kids within one weight class need to battle. Or like someone mentioned earlier on the other thread...an exhibition match. Hall May finish with 4 state titles and 4 Brooke Classic 2nd place trophy’s. Of course he can duck and dodge to get it.

AdolphHighCrotch

Postby AdolphHighCrotch » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:34 pm

oroyos wrote:
Hard Head wrote:

Hard to wrestle a kid that stalls the whole match and won’t wrestle you. Ask Chapman and the boy from Spring Mills that both got pinned by Amos how that worked for them when they actually wrestled him all while he is giving up 25+ pounds to each of them. Pretty sure the Woodrow Wilson kid walked away with a bloody nose and 3-4 stall calls. Know your facts before you post your nonsense opinion.

oroyos

Postby oroyos » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:43 pm

AdolphHighCrotch wrote:
oroyos wrote:
Hard Head wrote:

Hard to wrestle a kid that stalls the whole match and won’t wrestle you. Ask Chapman and the boy from Spring Mills that both got pinned by Amos how that worked for them when they actually wrestled him all while he is giving up 25+ pounds to each of them. Pretty sure the Woodrow Wilson kid walked away with a bloody nose and 3-4 stall calls. Know your facts before you post your nonsense opinion.

Wow, someone is butthurt. He may have had a bloody nose and stall calls but he didn’t get pinned. Those are the only facts we were talking about. Hell, wasn’t even a major decision. Sounds like the boy did a pretty good job defending.

Studcradle

Postby Studcradle » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:34 pm

We’re back to Frazier vs Amos again? I along with most people would like to see it but it is not going to happen unless someone changes schedules. If it was going to happen it would have been when south was at East Fairmont and West decided to go to Lincoln. According to the scores page Zach did not wrestle at Lincoln anyway. Oreo seems to post about South and specifically Amos a lot, usually trying to incite the South fans. The first two posters post a lot about 285 and are probably hoping that Zach had hung up his wrestling shoes. No such luck fellas. Zach will be a 4x a/aa hwt champ. We’re always saying that we should be encouraging football players to wrestle and promising them that it will make them a better football player. Zach is the poster boy for being great at both. Maybe the new football coach at martinsburg will make Martinsburg wrestling’s upperweights even better by pointing to Zach as an example. When point Pleasant was a great football team they had a lot of wrestlers.

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:54 pm

Studcradle, I agree!

Young Mr Frazier has proven his abilities on the mat, and so has Mr. Amos.

They are on different paths in life, one love two sports and excels at both. The other dreams of being an Olympic champion. Different paths for certain.

I hope both of these young men the continue to pursue their individual goals, and pray they don’t put any weight on the banter of the armchair WWE champions on the forum.

It isn’t often we have the opportunity to have multiple nationally ranked wrestlers in this small state. I think the fan base should revel in it rather than speak in hypotheticals.

I do believe if Braxton wouldn’t have been injured his freshman year he would most definitely go down as the greatest lb for lb wrestler this state has ever produced. And even with that one blemish if it is even considered that he is still in my mind the best wrestler this state has produced to date.

Not to discount Mr Frazier’s accomplishments, but Braxton has faced far superior competition in his HS career than any before him. He is the first multiple Ironman, Powerade, Super 32, Fargo champion ever!

Like i started this comment with, we as Wrestling fans have been blessed to watch them both as well as PHS JMB, Oak Glen’s Mr Hall, PSHS Brayden Roberts.

Hopefully the accomplishments of these above mentioned wrestlers will continue to inspire young men from this tiny state to reach for the Top in the future! I love this sport, and the entire state is blessed too have watched them all give it their all!
Rodney James
HS Wrestling Fan GO SOUTH!!

Heath

Postby Heath » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:19 pm

bootrider221 wrote:Whats going on with Frazier word is he cant wrestle due to his weight which is supposedly 320 and his assessment wont let him cut!!!

Hahaha if you've ever seen the kid you'd know he's not 320. I doubt he has to cut much weight for 285 at all. He won't weight 320 his senior year in college lol.

Frazier would easily be a top ten heavyweight had he chose to wrestle in those bigger tournaments.

Heath

Postby Heath » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:27 pm

Studcradle wrote:We’re back to Frazier vs Amos again? I along with most people would like to see it but it is not going to happen unless someone changes schedules. If it was going to happen it would have been when south was at East Fairmont and West decided to go to Lincoln. According to the scores page Zach did not wrestle at Lincoln anyway. Oreo seems to post about South and specifically Amos a lot, usually trying to incite the South fans. The first two posters post a lot about 285 and are probably hoping that Zach had hung up his wrestling shoes. No such luck fellas. Zach will be a 4x a/aa hwt champ. We’re always saying that we should be encouraging football players to wrestle and promising them that it will make them a better football player. Zach is the poster boy for being great at both. Maybe the new football coach at martinsburg will make Martinsburg wrestling’s upperweights even better by pointing to Zach as an example. When point Pleasant was a great football team they had a lot of wrestlers.

Agree wrestling can make you a much better tackler in football and just help with your overall mental and physical toughness, as well as conditioning.
When was Point great at football? They would of probably one a title if they had been AA when they had Mitchell. Wish they would of cause bport was always conviently playing down as always.
The last thing the state, and all y'all park south fans? need is Martinsburgs football coach pushing his guys, who don't play bball, to wrestle. It'd take a decade but they'd be dominating. Never happen tho.

Heath

Postby Heath » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:40 pm

AdolphHighCrotch wrote:
oroyos wrote:
Hard Head wrote:

Amos is the best, we all know this, but I'm just curious how he was given up 25 pounds? Is he wrestling heaveyweight right now? Just interested in knowing what's going on.
Really like Amos and will root for him against anyone except wvu. I'm interested if he's going to RS or not. Being such a big time recruit I'd think not but who knows if he'll need a year to get down to 197 or a year to bulk up to a true heavey weight.
If he wants to RS then i just think wvu would of been perfect. Obviously I'm biased lol. He's a program changing recruit, at least for a school like wvu. He could rs while Adams wrestled his junior year at 197. Then Adams goes to heavey and Amos goes 197 the next year or vice versa. Just wish it would of worked out. Oh well.

Is Braxton going to try and qualify for the Olympic trials this year? Slim chance but it'd be a cool experience. Imagine him being able to go against Snyder or, if he's healthy, Cassar and his freight train blast double. At 97kgs. Maybe even Cox if he moves up. Would just be cool to see.
Hope Cox moves up and beats Snyder.

Return to “High School Wrestling”