Coaches Rankings

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
TrueSouthFanInPburg

Coaches Rankings

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:53 pm

The season is almost half over and we have yet to see the coaches rankings. It's been like this for the last three years.The rankings used to be on here once every two weeks. Why are we not seeing the rankings on here ? :?

JennyHannan

Re: Coaches Rankings

Postby JennyHannan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:28 am

Sheesh, Mike, I don’t know why I let you get under my skin like I do and feel like I have to dignify your post with a response. Probably because we’ve known each other forever and I can yell at you and you still like me, lol.

You honestly have NO idea how much work goes into this. I have seen the spreadsheets that are being used to create these rankings. The AAA spreadsheet has almost 950 rows on it, and the AA/A spreadsheet has over 1800 rows on it. And that’s just through the end of December.

I guess another reason I felt like I had to nip this in the bud is because I didn’t want this to turn into a “Bash Doc” thread (although he certainly doesn’t need me to defend him).

Back several years ago, the first set of coaches rankings didn’t come out until February. (Go ahead, look it up.) Then Doc began spoiling us and started releasing them in January. But guess what?! Lots of people complained (and I’m sure you were right there with them) about what crap the rankings were. It’s like he was damned if he did and damned if he didn’t.

Doc Miller doesn’t owe us ANYTHING! I personally get a little tired of the entitlement mentality on this forum sometimes.

JMfan

Postby JMfan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:59 am

JennyHannan wrote:Sheesh, Mike, I don’t know why I let you get under my skin like I do and feel like I have to dignify your post with a response. Probably because we’ve known each other forever and I can yell at you and you still like me, lol.

You honestly have NO idea how much work goes into this. I have seen the spreadsheets that are being used to create these rankings. The AAA spreadsheet has almost 950 rows on it, and the AA/A spreadsheet has over 1800 rows on it. And that’s just through the end of December.

I guess another reason I felt like I had to nip this in the bud is because I didn’t want this to turn into a “Bash Doc” thread (although he certainly doesn’t need me to defend him).

Back several years ago, the first set of coaches rankings didn’t come out until February. (Go ahead, look it up.) Then Doc began spoiling us and started releasing them in January. But guess what?! Lots of people complained (and I’m sure you were right there with them) about what crap the rankings were. It’s like he was damned if he did and damned if he didn’t.

Doc Miller doesn’t owe us ANYTHING! I personally get a little tired of the entitlement mentality on this forum sometimes.

Amen Jenny. Very well said.

LandmineFitness

Postby LandmineFitness » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:06 am

TrueSouthFanInPburg wrote:The season is almost half over and we have yet to see the coaches rankings. It's been like this for the last three years.The rankings used to be on here once every two weeks. Why are we not seeing the rankings on here ? :?

Sounds like a great opportunity for you to volunteer! I heard their workplace apparel is cutoff T's, you'll fit right in! Lol

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:55 am

Stay tuned.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”