Point vs South - Gauntlet of Pain

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Whizzer

Re: Point vs South - Gauntlet of Pain

Postby Whizzer » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:09 pm

Gator wrote:
Whizzer wrote:
Gator wrote:

I’d beg to differ on that statement.

You are hurt, I understand! Your armor has a dent in it now, it’s still shiny and pretty strong. But it does have a dent... You can’t argue the fact! If you want to go look team by team, let me know what you find out.

I wear the armor of the Lord. YOU can’t dent it. When you wrestle in the Ironman and Powerade and the St Ed’s of the world, win 6 straight AAA titles and 23 team titles, we’ll talk.

You didn't do that... And you still have a dent in your 2019/2020 armor.

oroyos

Postby oroyos » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:11 pm

Wrestingfan789 wrote:I’m glad to see your a point homer for sure this is one of souths down years and you beat them by 5 congrats. You can clearly tell u guys don’t have many successful seasons because the way u guys act. I wouldn’t question which team is better or tougher schedule because u don’t even come close year in and year out. If your ever bored stop by the rod Oldham and check out all the banners hanging from the rafters...... enough said !!!

Point is just a small school with one feeder middle school. South is a large high school with several feeder middle schools and a couple “feeder” high schools. U guys oughta win every time you guys wrestle. The fact that south got beat by this “small, weak” school that “doesn’t have many successful seasons is a shame. Looks like u may be going downhill. And by next year Point will win by 30. Looks like it’s gonna be Wheelings time to shine.

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:13 pm

Whizzer wrote:
Gator wrote:
Whizzer wrote:
You are hurt, I understand! Your armor has a dent in it now, it’s still shiny and pretty strong. But it does have a dent... You can’t argue the fact! If you want to go look team by team, let me know what you find out.

I wear the armor of the Lord. YOU can’t dent it. When you wrestle in the Ironman and Powerade and the St Ed’s of the world, win 6 straight AAA titles and 23 team titles, we’ll talk.

ObulReddenbacher wrote:
Gator wrote:
vortexfan wrote::roll:

Agree! Genius job :roll:

South flip flopped Childers and Roberts. They planned on wrestling Lemus at 220 and Amos at 285 vs Point, they both wrestled those weights last Saturday for 5 matches.

Where was Points 160? No one mentioned that.

You sat right there in the stands and watched him wrestle 170! Are you serious? Don’t be a sore loser.

Sorry, I don’t have Points team roster memorized! I know they didn’t send anyone out to wrestle 160 and for just a short time at 285. That’s what a sat there and watched. I’ve seen South beat by teams before, it’s not the end of the world. You all act like you won an Olympic gold medal or something.
Moderator WV Mat

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:19 pm

oroyos wrote:
Wrestingfan789 wrote:I’m glad to see your a point homer for sure this is one of souths down years and you beat them by 5 congrats. You can clearly tell u guys don’t have many successful seasons because the way u guys act. I wouldn’t question which team is better or tougher schedule because u don’t even come close year in and year out. If your ever bored stop by the rod Oldham and check out all the banners hanging from the rafters...... enough said !!!

Point is just a small school with one feeder middle school. South is a large high school with several feeder middle schools and a couple “feeder” high schools. U guys oughta win every time you guys wrestle. The fact that south got beat by this “small, weak” school that “doesn’t have many successful seasons is a shame. Looks like u may be going downhill. And by next year Point will win by 30. Looks like it’s gonna be Wheelings time to shine.

Oroyos the South hater chimes in with weak information again. Who called Point small and weak? Oh yeah, you! We thought it would be a close match. I did give Point credit for the win and winning the close matches. You must have missed that, along with others. Clangs for an all class state tournament if you ask me!
Moderator WV Mat

oroyos

Postby oroyos » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:20 pm

Gator wrote:
oroyos wrote:

Oroyos the South hater chimes in with weak information again. Who called Point small and weak? Oh yeah, you! We thought it would be a close match. I did give Point credit for the win and winning the close matches. You must have missed that, along with others. Clangs for an all class state tournament if you ask me!

Agreed!

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:22 pm

Whizzer wrote:
Gator wrote:
Whizzer wrote:

Didn’t do what? Wrestle that schedule? Yeah, they did and do every year! I don’t wrestle or coach the team, just a fan. I like watching good wrestling like I saw Saturday. No dents here!
Moderator WV Mat

abettnman

Postby abettnman » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:43 pm

Gator wrote:
abettnman wrote:YES, Mr. KDunbar this was my first experience, I will try my best to attend the WSAZ tournament I keep hearing about. Thanks

Sure it was! :lol:

Well Gator what is that you mean ? Most definitely was !!

stumpy

Postby stumpy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:19 am

Why all the arguing ? it was a Great match to take in. I for one really enjoyed it. Gator maybe there could be a match up at the newly formed dual Championship.

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:20 am

stumpy wrote:Why all the arguing ? it was a Great match to take in. I for one really enjoyed it. Gator maybe there could be a match up at the newly formed dual Championship.

Unfortunately they cannot meet in the state dual championship because of they are running it by class, I believe.

South will not be participating this year because of a scheduling conflict with that date.

They will meet in a tournament setting at the WSAZ tournament soon however. That should be fun also. Best wishes to both teams.
Moderator WV Mat

WrestlingMom4453

Postby WrestlingMom4453 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:39 pm

Gator wrote:
Whizzer wrote:
Gator wrote:

ObulReddenbacher wrote:
Gator wrote:

South flip flopped Childers and Roberts. They planned on wrestling Lemus at 220 and Amos at 285 vs Point, they both wrestled those weights last Saturday for 5 matches.

Where was Points 160? No one mentioned that.

You sat right there in the stands and watched him wrestle 170! Are you serious? Don’t be a sore loser.

Sorry, I don’t have Points team roster memorized! I know they didn’t send anyone out to wrestle 160 and for just a short time at 285. That’s what a sat there and watched. I’ve seen South beat by teams before, it’s not the end of the world. You all act like you won an Olympic gold medal or something.

We act like we won an Olympic medal because this was pretty darn close. Our small school beat South. SOUTH!! The epitome of WV wrestling. We are proud of our boys and the hard work and determination it took to accomplish this.

Frank

Postby Frank » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:08 pm

Calm down,
Point isn't the first AA team to beat South! It happens every other year or two.
not big deal. Not like its St Eds or Blair, or one of the better teams in the country.
The Dub goes to AA this year, that's all.
lol

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Cooler heads will prevail.

I say we 1) not downplay South’s talent 2) not down play the significance of the win for Point 3) not blow the win out of proportion 4) chill out.

If those four things happen, I feel like we can have a very successful thread here.
Tench

Treerat

Postby Treerat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:45 pm

Let's] put this dog to sleep. In 10 days we can start talking about point vs south matchups at the z's

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:37 pm

Treerat wrote:Let's] put this dog to sleep. In 10 days we can start talking about point vs south matchups at the z's

Indeed. However, there will be plenty of hardcore warriors from other schools that will probably unite to take out all of the Point and South wrestlers and dump them into the depths of consolation.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

WrestlingMom4453

Postby WrestlingMom4453 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:22 pm

Frank wrote:Calm down,
Point isn't the first AA team to beat South! It happens every other year or two.
not big deal. Not like its St Eds or Blair, or one of the better teams in the country.
lol

I Agee, this is a huge accomplishment for us ! Take it as an accomplishment and a kudos toward your team! We are just excited!

Treerat

Postby Treerat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:26 pm

They will take out some but not all

Justdeserts

Postby Justdeserts » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:15 pm

Gator wrote:
stumpy wrote:Why all the arguing ? it was a Great match to take in. I for one really enjoyed it. Gator maybe there could be a match up at the newly formed dual Championship.

Unfortunately they cannot meet in the state dual championship because of they are running it by class, I believe.

Interesting, that wasn't my understanding at all.

DongerWrestle

Postby DongerWrestle » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:17 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
Treerat wrote:Let's] put this dog to sleep. In 10 days we can start talking about point vs south matchups at the z's

Indeed. However, there will be plenty of hardcore warriors from other schools that will probably unite to take out all of the Point and South wrestlers and dump them into the depths of consolation.

Let them come..!

DongerWrestle

Postby DongerWrestle » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:21 pm

Four returning state champions, a state runner up, Big Ten Wrestler, team finished 11th @ Ironman & 5th @ Powerade..... yeah, sounds like a down year.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:25 pm

Frank wrote:Calm down,
lol

I agree with this (for example Oak Glen or Independence) and that is why no one from South made a big deal over the dual other than there were two good teams with lots of good wrestlers. No one from South took the bait an anonymous posters put out there. Heck, for all I know they aren't even from Point. When I read a lot of these posts I just envision a 13 year old girl giggling with her friends as they write things trying to get someone to make a comment.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:30 pm

abettnman wrote:
KDunbar wrote:
abettnman wrote:

YES, Mr. KDunbar this was my first experience, I will try my best to attend the WSAZ tournament I keep hearing about. Thanks

That sounds great. I hope you stay interested in high school wrestling. It's a great sport to follow. The WSAZ is on the 25th in Huntington and I think there's a link or info on the front page giving the information. Probably better be checking into hotel reservations real soon. They tend to fill up real quick.
So, what particular match at the dual did you find most interesting? I thought all the kids wrestled really hard. Didn't see anyone who looked out of shape or not giving it their all. I particularly liked the 106 lb match . I felt Henderson showed his experience and savvy with the first period takedown and 3 point near fall. Roberts made that freshman mistake of giving up back points. As opposed to middle school, you can't give a kid as good as Henderson the chance for back points because he'll hold you there before you can muscle out of it. It was then a valiant attempt to fight back over the ensuing 3 periods to tie it up at the end. Then in overtime I guess it's easy to second guess, but I don't think Roberts needed to use quite as desperate a move in going for the win since if you don't hit it you immediately lose. I'm wondering if he was still in the same mindset as he was in the 3rd period when he needed to do whatever it took to tie it up. Not being critical of him, just making an observation. Sooooooooooo what do you think?

Well, Mr. KDunbar since I am not as experienced as you, I do not feel I could do the dual justice. There is no way I could break the dual down as you just did and have such knowledgeable input on what took place. So therefore, I will just try to continue being a fan until I have the experience to comment on such dual.

Since we're now on such close speaking terms I do need to tell you it is Dr. KDunbar. And you're making a wise choice. A good man's just got to know his limitations.

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:53 am

KDunbar wrote:
abettnman wrote:
KDunbar wrote:
That sounds great. I hope you stay interested in high school wrestling. It's a great sport to follow. The WSAZ is on the 25th in Huntington and I think there's a link or info on the front page giving the information. Probably better be checking into hotel reservations real soon. They tend to fill up real quick.
So, what particular match at the dual did you find most interesting? I thought all the kids wrestled really hard. Didn't see anyone who looked out of shape or not giving it their all. I particularly liked the 106 lb match . I felt Henderson showed his experience and savvy with the first period takedown and 3 point near fall. Roberts made that freshman mistake of giving up back points. As opposed to middle school, you can't give a kid as good as Henderson the chance for back points because he'll hold you there before you can muscle out of it. It was then a valiant attempt to fight back over the ensuing 3 periods to tie it up at the end. Then in overtime I guess it's easy to second guess, but I don't think Roberts needed to use quite as desperate a move in going for the win since if you don't hit it you immediately lose. I'm wondering if he was still in the same mindset as he was in the 3rd period when he needed to do whatever it took to tie it up. Not being critical of him, just making an observation. Sooooooooooo what do you think?

Well, Mr. KDunbar since I am not as experienced as you, I do not feel I could do the dual justice. There is no way I could break the dual down as you just did and have such knowledgeable input on what took place. So therefore, I will just try to continue being a fan until I have the experience to comment on such dual.

Since we're now on such close speaking terms I do need to tell you it is Dr. KDunbar. And you're making a wise choice. A good man's just got to know his limitations.

Yea! He didn't spend all of those years in evil medical school to be called MR. Dunbar

Tench

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:00 am

mscoach20 wrote:
KDunbar wrote:
abettnman wrote:

Yea! He didn't spend all of those years in evil medical school to be called MR. Dunbar

How did you know I don't have any hair? :)

abettnman

Postby abettnman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:59 pm

KDunbar wrote:
abettnman wrote:
KDunbar wrote:

Yes sir, I am glad that I have realized my limitations....

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:48 pm

abettnman wrote:
KDunbar wrote:
abettnman wrote:

Here endeth the lesson Jeremy ;) .

abettnman

Postby abettnman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:26 pm

KDunbar wrote:
abettnman wrote:
KDunbar wrote:

Here endeth the lesson Jeremy ;) .

Mr. Dunbar, I do apologize my name is 100% not Jeremy, but thank you for the lesson !!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”