Winner's Choice - After Action Review

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Winner's Choice - After Action Review

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:44 pm

I have glanced through many brackets and will do again in greater detail later.

1. I see than many schools had their JVs participating. In the past, I recall only FSHS' JVs participating. This is a GREAT improvement to the Winner's Choice and will help make these JVs better and/or keep them involved with the sport.

2. The 126 weight class could end up being the toughest bracket we will ever see this season within the state of West Virginia, among all tournaments.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

matcoach90

Re: Winner's Choice - After Action Review

Postby matcoach90 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:38 pm

Bearhugger wrote:I have glanced through many brackets and will do again in greater detail later.

1. I see than many schools had their JVs participating. In the past, I recall only FSHS' JVs participating. This is a GREAT improvement to the Winner's Choice and will help make these JVs better and/or keep them involved with the sport.

2. The 126 weight class could end up being the toughest bracket we will ever see this season within the state of West Virginia, among all tournaments.

You are point on with your assessment of the 126 weight class. Tough!

Campion

Postby Campion » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:25 pm

Very good high school tournament that the folks in Fairmont should be proud of! Great competition in many weight classes but Wyatt Henson from Waynesburg was most impressive wrestler I watched all weekend. Wow, not sure if was even pushed?

forthekids

Postby forthekids » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:58 pm

Campion wrote:Very good high school tournament that the folks in Fairmont should be proud of! Great competition in many weight classes but Wyatt Henson from Waynesburg was most impressive wrestler I watched all weekend. Wow, not sure if was even pushed?

Agree but the 182 lb from Peter Township was SMOOTH.

WP1992

Postby WP1992 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:44 pm

Did they video the finals to put on YouTube as they have done in the past?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:42 am

Editor's note:
I tried to videotape the finals, but as the matches went on I got so messed up that I quit taping and just went home. Sorry. I'll have to practice with the camera - maybe next year. The problem: With the old fashioned camcorders, you had to operate it with it resting on your right shoulder - right next to your ear, and you could hear the camcorder running and knew if you were taping or not. Now, with these newer recorders, there are no moving parts, they make no noise, and it is more difficult to tell if you are recording or not. There is a red light. I haven't figured out what that is....
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

Campion

Postby Campion » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:31 am

forthekids wrote:
Campion wrote:Very good high school tournament that the folks in Fairmont should be proud of! Great competition in many weight classes but Wyatt Henson from Waynesburg was most impressive wrestler I watched all weekend. Wow, not sure if was even pushed?

Agree but the 182 lb from Peter Township was SMOOTH.

Yes, Donovan McMillion from Peter Township was never pushed either. The TechFall he won by in the Finals occurred in the 1st period! Very impressive!

Return to “High School Wrestling”