WV 285 - State of Union Address

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

WV 285 - State of Union Address

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:48 pm

At the start of the season, it was perceived by many that Frazier at AA/A and Chapman at AAA would dominate. Based on the scores I am reading and the "word on the street" I hear, both of these two guys have lost their "cloak of invincibility".

If some other 285 gets his wind up and decides to tear into these two guys for 6 hard minutes, we might see some upsets.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhug

Re: WV 285 - State of Union Address

Postby Bearhug » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:20 pm

You have lost your mind if you really think any 285lber in AA/A will beat Frazier.

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:36 pm

Some people are just obsessed with Frazier. LOL Is WV wrestling really getting so mundane that we have to create these “what if” posts about one or two particular wrestlers every other week? God forbid the three time state champ doesn’t blow everyone out of the water every single time he steps on the mat or he doesn’t wrestle in this tournament or that tournament.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:29 pm

Bearhug wrote:You have lost your mind if you really think any 285lber in AA/A will beat Frazier.

Many think I have lost my mind and I have no problem with letting those individuals think that. Reread my words in my original post.

Chapman got shoved around a little bit and taken to overtime at the South Classic. A week later, he avenges a loss from last season in beating Stephens. He then takes Frazier the distance and loses 1-0. As close as this score was, Frazier was one slip away from giving up points and losing.

I like both wrestlers. I will be happy to see them both win. However, I will also enjoy watching 15 other fired up bulls and buffaloes come tearing into them at the state tournament.

The state tournament takes place in Huntington. GO HERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 15 strong HERD coming in AAA and another 15 coming in AA/A.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:34 am

Bearhugger wrote:At the start of the season, it was perceived by many that Frazier at AA/A and Chapman at AAA would dominate. Based on the scores I am reading and the "word on the street" I hear, both of these two guys have lost their "cloak of invincibility".

If some other 285 gets his wind up and decides to tear into these two guys for 6 hard minutes, we might see some upsets.

This is ridiculous.... first off NOONE is invincible! It’s clear you’ve never watched Frazier..... there isn’t a heavyweight in this state that will beat him and his toughest competition is Chapman and they won’t meet in the finals. I’m lucky to be able to witness Frazier a lot and I can promise you one thing the kid works hard. He is a great young man and he won’t lose.... you realize In four years he has lost two matches..... and one was because of injury.... one thing you don’t see in HWT often is the ability to ride out.... and Frazier is a beast on top. I wanted him to get some competition and he has passed every test to date. Haga last year Chapman this year.... he can compete with anyone and why he can is because his hard work and determination. Before making a ridiculous post to booster your ego why don’t you learn facts first and foremost. Give Frazier his credit. He won’t be beat and he will be a four timer. But he don’t look ahead. He takes one match at a time. But I promise you there won’t be a guy in AA/A to take him down.... not saying there isn’t any good wrestlers there but there is none even close to his level.

guard0544

Postby guard0544 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:37 pm

wrestlingfan23202 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:At the start of the season, it was perceived by many that Frazier at AA/A and Chapman at AAA would dominate. Based on the scores I am reading and the "word on the street" I hear, both of these two guys have lost their "cloak of invincibility".

This is ridiculous.... first off NOONE is invincible! It’s clear you’ve never watched Frazier..... there isn’t a heavyweight in this state that will beat him and his toughest competition is Chapman and they won’t meet in the finals. I’m lucky to be able to witness Frazier a lot and I can promise you one thing the kid works hard. He is a great young man and he won’t lose.... you realize In four years he has lost two matches..... and one was because of injury.... one thing you don’t see in HWT often is the ability to ride out.... and Frazier is a beast on top. I wanted him to get some competition and he has passed every test to date. Haga last year Chapman this year.... he can compete with anyone and why he can is because his hard work and determination. Before making a ridiculous post to booster your ego why don’t you learn facts first and foremost. Give Frazier his credit. He won’t be beat and he will be a four timer. But he don’t look ahead. He takes one match at a time. But I promise you there won’t be a guy in AA/A to take him down.... not saying there isn’t any good wrestlers there but there is none even close to his level.

He certainly is the heavy favorite to win his 4th title. I think he will likely pin his way through the AA state tournament. That being said, sometimes upsets occur, especially when its 285 lb wrestlers. One slip up at that weight class and anyone could end up tossed to their back with 285 lbs laying on top of them.

Heath

Postby Heath » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:16 pm

guard0544 wrote:
wrestlingfan23202 wrote:

He certainly is the heavy favorite to win his 4th title. I think he will likely pin his way through the AA state tournament. That being said, sometimes upsets occur, especially when its 285 lb wrestlers. One slip up at that weight class and anyone could end up tossed to their back with 285 lbs laying on top of them.

Yeah but he could press that 285 right off lol.
I saw the 1-0 match and it was typical heavyweight no stall calling bs. But if a 1-0 match can be dominant then he definitely was. There are many heavies, wvu' HW tries to use this same strategy to win. Nothing in the first with very little action, then ride your guy out in the second, and then stand up quickly in the third, and that's exactly what Frazier did. Was it pretty or entertaining? Lord no. Watching paint dry is an upgrade in excitement but this is HW wrestling most of the time.

College HW is actually going through an all time great stretch with big athletic heavies and most of its still boring.

Shocked when Cassar for PSU got injured that kerkvliet Wasn't suddenly eligible for the second semester lol. Sry got a Lil off topic but college heavies have gotten way better. How's Amos' slow cut down to 197 going? The heavies can actually move now lol

Heath

Postby Heath » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:25 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
Bearhug wrote:You have lost your mind if you really think any 285lber in AA/A will beat Frazier.

Many think I have lost my mind and I have no problem with letting those individuals think that. Reread my words in my original post.

Chapman got shoved around a little bit and taken to overtime at the South Classic. A week later, he avenges a loss from last season in beating Stephens. He then takes Frazier the distance and loses 1-0. As close as this score was, Frazier was one slip away from giving up points and losing.

I like both wrestlers. I will be happy to see them both win. However, I will also enjoy watching 15 other fired up bulls and buffaloes come tearing into them at the state tournament.

The state tournament takes place in Huntington. GO HERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 15 strong HERD coming in AAA and another 15 coming in AA/A.

Ya have a first name for Stephens?

Studcradle

Postby Studcradle » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:34 am

Frazier and Chapman combined would have nothing for the undefeated heavyweight in this video! Watch if you dare this 2x champion’s skill and technique.

https://youtu.be/dyLr4MHhpjs

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:35 am

Studcradle wrote:Frazier and Chapman combined would have nothing for the undefeated heavyweight in this video! Watch if you dare this 2x champion’s skill and technique.

https://youtu.be/dyLr4MHhpjs

What a walk down memory lane. Three comments. First, I wish you would have told us that the heavyweight match was clear at the end so I wouldn't have had to watch almost 2 & 1/2 hours just to see it. Second, I now realize I should have been sitting on the other side in the stands so I could at least have watched myself throughout the video. Third, there is a poster on here sometimes with the same user name as the undefeated heavyweight's last name. Just coincidence I suppose.
Last edited by KDunbar on Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guard0544

Postby guard0544 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:19 am

Heath wrote:
guard0544 wrote:
wrestlingfan23202 wrote:
Yeah but he could press that 285 right off lol.

Maybe. But he didn't press them right off the last time it happened.

If I were advising a 285 facing him, I'd suggest locking up over/under and taking your chances with that. High risk, high reward. Situations where there is the potential he could get caught and tossed to his back. Because they wont be able to go toe-to-toe with him for 6 minutes and win. Take the high risk and hope for the best.

armyscot0873

Postby armyscot0873 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:23 pm

That video was awesome. Got to see Big Ern which brought back a lot of memories especially his big bear hugs. I got to see Joe Heath wrestle a lot. His matches with Byron Wellman from Midland and Craig Morgan from Huntington were epic. He was a beast and a super person. Always showing great sportsmanship.

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:27 am

I can’t wait to watch Zach on the football field at WVU next season. I’m hoping he starts at center for the Mountaineers and strikes fear in opponents.

I also think Mr Frazier is the heavy favorite to become a 4X champion.
Moderator WV Mat

dunbar76

Postby dunbar76 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Is Frazier a shoe-in? NO,NO!!! Remember Mitch Smith(absolutely great wrestler), THREE time, not four time State Champ!! Everyone thought he would be a four timer. This is why we wrestle the matches!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”