Point Pleasant Black ... OUT

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Truesouthfaninhunt

Point Pleasant Black ... OUT

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:01 pm

Ok.. I am not suggesting that the two power outages had ANY bearing on ANY match nor the overall outcome in the South v Point dual....What I am asking is :
What happens if a power outage were to occur at a pivotal point in a match .. such as during a takedown or pin/ near pin? What are the rules regarding such scenarios? If you were not there you have no idea how pitch black it was for a few seconds.

How are the wrestlers restarted if one kid is on his back during a power outage? What if one kid continues to wrestle during the black-out and when the lights come back on he has reversed his opponent??? Shazam!
Did the extremely warm day ( 76 degrees in mid Jan), lead to excessive power usage to cool the building, thus overloading the system? Could Global Warming have played a role???
Am I thinking too much? Do I have too much free time?
Thanks.

KDunbar

Re: Point Pleasant Black ... OUT

Postby KDunbar » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:13 pm

Yes.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:19 pm

KDunbar wrote:Yes.

Ok then

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:07 pm

What they said...

Treerat

Postby Treerat » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:14 pm

Great dual. I think that there were 4 matches that were given. People talk about the close ones but I think the other 10 could have went either way. All said Point was the better team Saturday by 5

Gator

Postby Gator » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:38 pm

Treerat wrote:Great dual. I think that there were 4 matches that were given. People talk about the close ones but I think the other 10 could have went either way. All said Point was the better team Saturday by 5

Other 10 could have went the other way? You must have seen something we all missed during the blackouts. Please elaborate.
Moderator WV Mat

Whizzer

Postby Whizzer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:55 pm

Treerat wrote:Great dual. I think that there were 4 matches that were given. People talk about the close ones but I think the other 10 could have went either way. All said Point was the better team Saturday by 5

You've lost your mind. South did what they did to keep it that close. With no weight class shifts, the score is a wider gap. 38-21

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:38 am

Whizzer wrote:[quote

You've lost your mind. South did what they did to keep it that close. With no weight class shifts, the score is a wider gap. 38-21

So you think Roberts wouldn’t have won at 152? If Childers went 160, would Point have sent out a 160?
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 am

Whizzer wrote:

The shifting of the weights happened by both teams. Its part of the game. That kind of chess playing won't be allowed when all four SUPER QUAD teams hook up at the WSAZ.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:43 am

Truesouthfaninhunt wrote:Ok.. I am not suggesting that the two power outages had ANY bearing on ANY match nor the overall outcome in the South v Point dual....What I am asking is :
What happens if a power outage were to occur at a pivotal point in a match .. such as during a takedown or pin/ near pin? What are the rules regarding such scenarios? If you were not there you have no idea how pitch black it was for a few seconds.

How are the wrestlers restarted if one kid is on his back during a power outage? What if one kid continues to wrestle during the black-out and when the lights come back on he has reversed his opponent??? Shazam!
Did the extremely warm day ( 76 degrees in mid Jan), lead to excessive power usage to cool the building, thus overloading the system? Could Global Warming have played a role???
Thanks.

Solid question. Maybe a few refs will provide commentary. Fortunately, the lights going out didn't impact the 120lb match from my perspective.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:07 am

I think saying 10 could go the other way might be a stretch, but I think about 7 have a chance to change if they wrestled again, not that I'm dismissing the results, just that I thought these wrestlers were pretty evenly matched. The 7 would be as follows: 106 (overtime), 113 (close match with a pin right at the end), 120 (one point match with a lot of interruptions and distractions), 126 (freshman caught sleeping right at the start and would need a game plan to counter the riding with legs the second time around), 170 (one point match with a lot of "close but not quite" moves by both wrestlers), 182 (never know what might happen if a first period pin doesn't happen in your first time varsity experience), 220 (another 1 point match). Hopefully they'll all meet in the WSAZ (in the finals would be great for both teams :) ) and we'll get to see it all over again.

crochog93

Postby crochog93 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:14 am

Truesouthfaninhunt wrote:Ok.. I am not suggesting that the two power outages had ANY bearing on ANY match nor the overall outcome in the South v Point dual....What I am asking is :

Thanks.

Word on the street is it was little Dave Jeffrey who kept cutting the lights.

Return to “High School Wrestling”