State Duals Results

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aacoach48

State Duals Results

Postby aacoach48 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:01 pm

Is there a place to find the results?

aaacoach57

Re: State Duals Results

Postby aaacoach57 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:35 pm

AAA
1st Parkersburg
2nd University
3rd Spring Mills
4th Saint Albany’s
AA/A
1st Point Pleasent
2nd Oak Glen
3rd Herbert Hoover
4th Bridgeport
I will post all match results by tomorrow morning in scores section

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:41 pm

Last edited by mscoach4 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:53 pm

mscoach4 wrote:From what I could piece together from facebook and twitter
Point beat Oak Glen 59-9 in the AA/A finals Freeman of Point MOW
Parkersburg beat University 44-24 in the AAA Donahue of PHS MOW
It looks like the Greenbrier went the extra mile making this a special event for the participating teams. I hope more teams take notice and participate in future years.

Maybe now would be a good time to set next year’s dual championship date so schools can get it on schedule next year.
Moderator WV Mat

Justdeserts

Postby Justdeserts » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:26 am

Who won between Point and Parkerburg? I assume Point, but it would be nice to know the score...

aacoach30

Postby aacoach30 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:31 am

HUGE Thank You to Brian Miluk and the entire Greenbrier East staff that put on this first class event. The Inaugural WV Duals Team Wrestling State Championships was a tremendous success. There was a team breakfast this morning after weigh ins featuring WVU head Coach Tim Flynn as special speaker. Wrestling was held in the historic Colonial Hall, which made for a unique intimate atmosphere. The event was sponsored by the WV Coaches Association and endorsed by the WVSSAC.

Very thankful our group of young men, coaches, parents and fans got to be apart of this outstanding event.

Thank you again Coach Miluk! Your hard work and dedication to the sport was on display this weekend.

John Bonecutter
Point Pleasant
Head Wrestling Coach
Attachments
0023CE8D-1204-4685-B8D2-3E35253A1914.jpeg
0023CE8D-1204-4685-B8D2-3E35253A1914.jpeg (138.52 KiB) Viewed 22165 times

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:01 am

DongerWrestle wrote:
Gator wrote:
mscoach4 wrote:From what I could piece together from facebook and twitter
Point beat Oak Glen 59-9 in the AA/A finals Freeman of Point MOW
Parkersburg beat University 44-24 in the AAA Donahue of PHS MOW
It looks like the Greenbrier went the extra mile making this a special event for the participating teams. I hope more teams take notice and participate in future years.

Maybe now would be a good time to set next year’s dual championship date so schools can get it on their schedule.

Your arrogance is why people don’t like south... you weren’t there, shouldn’t make that claim. Show up next year and see if you can win it. I bet they don’t.

So stating facts hurts your feelings? Must be a Democrat!
Moderator WV Mat

oroyos

Postby oroyos » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:34 am

Gator wrote:
DongerWrestle wrote:
Gator wrote:

Maybe now would be a good time to set next year’s dual championship date so schools can get it on their schedule.

Your arrogance is why people don’t like south... you weren’t there, shouldn’t make that claim. Show up next year and see if you can win it. I bet they don’t.

South is old news. Their run is over. Out with the old in with the new. I agree with Donger, The arrogance reminds me of that of Ohio State fans. Get over it.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:43 am

oroyos wrote:
Gator wrote:
DongerWrestle wrote:

South is old news. Their run is over. Out with the old in with the new. I agree with Donger, The arrogance reminds me of that of Ohio State fans. Get over it.

The hater comes out in you again Oroyos. You hate us, cause you ain’t us! :lol:
Moderator WV Mat

dontlikethelights

Postby dontlikethelights » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:49 am

oroyos wrote:
Gator wrote:
DongerWrestle wrote:

Uh... is this the real Gator posting this? I wouldn’t expect these kinds of comments from Gator.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:56 am

dontlikethelights wrote:
oroyos wrote:
Gator wrote:

Uh... is this the real Gator posting this? I wouldn’t expect these kinds of comments from Gator.

Yeah, it’s me. Just get tired of all the South hate on here.Even from from guys who call themselves coaches. Our wrestlers are kids too and they read the crap on here.

Sorry if I offended someone, but sometime it gets deep.
Moderator WV Mat

dontlikethelights

Postby dontlikethelights » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:47 am

Gator wrote:
dontlikethelights wrote:
oroyos wrote:South is old news. Their run is over. Out with the old in with the new. I agree with Donger, The arrogance reminds me of that of Ohio State fans. Get over it.

Yeah, it’s me. Just get tired of all the South hate on here.Even from from guys who call themselves coaches. Our wrestlers are kids too and they read the crap on here.

Hear me out here, can you see how slandering Parkersburg’s title immediately after they won it could incite the reaction it did(original, unedited post). I’m not offended or a South hater and have a ton of respect for you Gator, but I have to take the other side on this one.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:56 am

dontlikethelights wrote:
Gator wrote:
dontlikethelights wrote:

Hear me out here, can you see how slandering Parkersburg’s title immediately after they won it could incite the reaction it did(original, unedited post). I’m not offended or a South hater and have a ton of respect for you Gator, but I have to take the other side on this one.

I did see that and took it down.
Moderator WV Mat

csmith11

Postby csmith11 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:23 pm

I love a state duals championship but gator is right. they need to get dates out as soon as possible so schedules can be changed. also there needs to be a regional dual tournament where the champion and runner up qualify for state duals.

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:33 pm

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:03 pm

I guess I won't bother with this forum anymore

aacoach30

Postby aacoach30 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:54 pm

I believe the date of the State Dual Meet for 2021 for qualifying teams will be Saturday, February 6th if I’m not mistaken.

I think that is what was said this past weekend.

Again it was a fantastic event. I look for it to grow and get bigger and better each year.

John Bonecutter
PPHS

mscoach134

Postby mscoach134 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Would like to start off by saying congratulations to Point Pleasant and Parkersburg on their State Dual Team Championships!
Would also like to give a big shoutout to the West Virginia Wrestling Coaches Association for making this event possible and for the WVSSAC supporting this event as well! Hopefully, with the success of the event this year and more support going forward, the state dual team championships will be a sanctioned WVSSAC event as soon as next year. A State dual team championships has been a long time coming and the event that the coaches association put on alongside the Greenbrier East wrestling program and the The Greenbrier Resort was phenomenal.
Thanks to Coach Miluk for inviting myself and Daniel Tench to commentate the live stream on the AA side. We had an absolute blast calling all the action. He did an outstanding job running the event this past weekend and deserves boatloads of praise for a job well done by himself, his coaching staff, wrestlers, and the rest of his program that contributed to the success of the event.
I sure hope that going forward all the teams in the state will support this event. I understand that there were scheduling conflicts this year, which is fine, but with the dates already being released, and the possibility of this becoming a sanctioned event, there is absolutely no excuse for teams not to support and attend the event should they qualify. Anyone that declines is doing nothing but holding back West Virginia wrestling and should be ashamed of themselves. Such a great experience for the wrestlers, coaches, and fans of all the programs involved. And Im sure that the experience will only improve in the future. Anyone that wasnt there over the weekend watching or wrestling missed out on some great individual matches and duals, as well as some awesome hospitality from the Greenbrier staff as well.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Zach Sayre
Head Wrestling Coach
Point Pleasant Middle School
Last edited by mscoach134 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Is there anywhere you can watch a replay? I was there but missed much of the action. I’d love to watch all of the duals.

Ps. I also agree this was a top notch event and an incredible venue. Great job to all involved!!!

mscoach134

Postby mscoach134 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:43 pm

Diamond wrote:Is there anywhere you can watch a replay? I was there but missed much of the action. I’d love to watch all of the duals.

Ps. I also agree this was a top notch event and an incredible venue. Great job to all involved!!!

i went back to the link to rewatch and it said playback is not available. I am going to check and see if that will be an option at some point or if there will be some other way to watch it.

Country Roads

Postby Country Roads » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:33 pm

The individual wrestlers scores for University vs St Albans didn’t post

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:53 am

mscoach134 wrote:
Diamond wrote:Is there anywhere you can watch a replay? I was there but missed much of the action. I’d love to watch all of the duals.

i went back to the link to rewatch and it said playback is not available. I am going to check and see if that will be an option at some point or if there will be some other way to watch it.

Thank you! I don’t mind paying to watch. Heck I’d pay extra to download it.

mscoach134

Postby mscoach134 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:46 pm

Diamond wrote:
mscoach134 wrote:

Thank you! I don’t mind paying to watch. Heck I’d pay extra to download it.

Youre welcome. i sent an email reaching out to sharp video productions. i am the same way, dont mind paying one bit. Hopefully hear from them soon!

Return to “High School Wrestling”