Mike Stalnaker

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
forthekids

Mike Stalnaker

Postby forthekids » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:17 pm

As we head into Regional weekend and then states we all should take the time to THANK, Mike Stalnaker. After 50 years (think about that) and 44 State tournaments he has decided to hang his whistle up. He has been a rock in the wrestling community and deserves everything he gets. You can say what you want about officials. :D But how many people you know spent 50 years giving back to the greatest and oldest sport in the world. There is a lot to say about old saying, "you don't miss something until it is gone."
On behalf of the Central WV Board, Thank you for being the secretary all these years and making sure each event had officials, people don't realize that itself is a full time job. You are truly going to be missed. You have inspired so many young officials and will be able to watch them in future.

Chris Diserio
President Central WV Officials Association.
CW0441

JoeGiovengo

Re: Mike Stalnaker

Postby JoeGiovengo » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:27 pm

Thank You Mr. Stalnaker. I always thought he was a good ref. Thanks for 50 years of dedication!

aacoach75

Postby aacoach75 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:37 pm

He will be surely missed.... thanks Mike!

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:21 pm

Bout time! :lol:

Mike, you’ve always showed up for all the kids and done your best. You will missed by the ole Gatorman!

I know you’ll still be around. It’s in your blood!

Thanks for 50 years of sharing your time with so many kids and us fans! Enjoy your free weekends!
Moderator WV Mat

aacoach52

Postby aacoach52 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:34 am

Thanks for all you have done for so many people for all of these years.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:24 am

Someone needs to fill this out and send it in.

http://www.wvmat.com/hallfame/hallnom.pdf
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:58 pm

Well, that didn't take long...
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

aacoach30

Postby aacoach30 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:30 pm

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. 50 years is absolutely amazing. You will be very missed!

John Bonecutter
Point Pleasant

Rams1

Postby Rams1 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:25 pm

Congratulations Mike on an outstanding career!! As a coach --I thought you were always on top of everything. As a fellow official for 28 years -- I learned a lot about how to officiate by working by your side at many, many tournaments. As a friend -- your have been there for me in the best and saddest of times!! Enjoy the view from the sidelines --no pressure!!

Tom Woods

wv16refgk

Postby wv16refgk » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:30 pm

Mike Stalnaker and I have been friends for over 45 years, He was always considered one of the best referees from the time he started until TODAY!!!! I know how hard it is to do something special for a long time and to be there for all the right reasons!! When you put the time in and work at your trade, miss all weekends with your family, and do it for fifty years is the most amazing thing and becomes the most important thing in your life!!! He truly deserves all the accolades he's received and is a definite shoo in for the WV Chapter of the National Wrestling HOF!!! Congratulations Old friend on a job well done!! you've earned the respect of the wrestling community and truly will be missed by many!!!!!!GK

skamartonosi

Postby skamartonosi » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:07 pm

It’s been a pleasure to work with Mike for the past 13 years. He has been such a dedicated important part of wrestling in the state. He will be a hard one to replace. Thank you for being so nice and helpful to my mat maids and to me. I’ve enjoyed getting to know you and work with you. Thank you for all that you have done to promote the greatest sport - WRESTLING. Enjoy your free time.

wiseone

Postby wiseone » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:04 pm

WV wrestling has seen some great wrestling officials throughout the regions of the State. But without a doubt...………………………………………………………………………………………Mike Stalnaker is The Best That Ever Wore the Stripes!!!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”