2020 State Tournament

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Gator

2020 State Tournament

Postby Gator » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:03 am

As usual, I’m proud of the South Patriot team for bringing home #24 and 6 in a row!

5 for 5 champs in the finals! Outstanding.

Have to mention this and hope all young men and women from all teams know this: state championships CAN be won in the consolation rounds on Saturday morning!

South had some kids who normally don’t get much ink, battle hard in consolation rounds: 3rd place Casch Somerville and also Nathan Ford 3rd place. Got some 4th place finishers in Ian Irizzary, Devin Easton, Trent Jones and Oscar Lemus and a 5th place finish from Noah Buckalew.

Nice to meet a few people from other teams, Mr Frazier from Fairmont (who has a 4X State champ for a son) and Mr Boggess from Ripley ( we discussed whistle blowing and stalling) it was legit! I

Watched Point parade most their team down the center in the finals and they crowned several champions. Good job Coach John and the team.

Got to see many ole friends like Pee Wee Welker, Lee Cummings, Ray Marling, Mike Stalnaker, Chris Deserio, Chick Satterfield, Rick Bailey, Alex Neal,the Dunbar family from Nitro, the Archer family and many more! I honestly feel blessed!
Moderator WV Mat

brentsams

Re: 2020 State Tournament

Postby brentsams » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:14 am

It was good to see Bob Cline out for some live action.

Return to “High School Wrestling”