Amos/Adams matchup

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Slingblade33

Amos/Adams matchup

Postby Slingblade33 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:37 am

Should be in the college thread...but since both are ex-WV high school wrestlers, it would be applicable here. Assuming wrestling happens next year, wondering:

Does Braxton Amos start or redshirt? He beat the other 97 pounder, Christensen a few years ago in a match, but I am sure many things have changed for both since then.

Any chance Wisconsin/WVU see each other at a tourney?

Way ahead of myself right now, but fun to think about, how cool would it be to see two native WV’ians squaring off against each other deep in the NCAA tournament.

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Re: Amos/Adams matchup

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:27 pm

Braxton told me he redshirting.

Slingblade33

Postby Slingblade33 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:22 am

TrueSouthFanInPburg wrote:Braxton told me he redshirting.

Cool...makes sense. So what else is there fun to talk about...wonder if wrestling will be a spring sport instead of a winter sport this year.

Pottstd

Postby Pottstd » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:39 am

We dont have to give up on this matchup just because Amos is redshirting. We could see him enter any number of tournaments WVU and Adams may be at as well. (This is assuming the season happens at all/happens in a way similar to normal years). The Southern Schuffle is a possibility. The Hokie Open, etc. While Wisconsin does not often appear to send teams or individuals to these tournamenst (at least that I know of), this is all theoretical and for fun anyway.

Slingblade33

Postby Slingblade33 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:27 am

[flash=][/flash]
Pottstd wrote:We dont have to give up on this matchup just because Amos is redshirting. We could see him enter any number of tournaments WVU and Adams may be at as well. (This is assuming the season happens at all/happens in a way similar to normal years). The Southern Schuffle is a possibility. The Hokie Open, etc. While Wisconsin does not often appear to send teams or individuals to these tournamenst (at least that I know of), this is all theoretical and for fun anyway.

True and Valid point!

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:19 pm

TrueSouthFanInPburg wrote:Braxton told me he redshirting.

If they were to wrestle this year.. it wont be close.

Gator

Postby Gator » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:44 pm

Both of these young men are great kids and wrestlers. I’m guessing Braxton will redshirt, but if he wrestles in open tournaments, both teams, I think, are scheduled for the Midwest tournament.
Moderator WV Mat

Slingblade33

Postby Slingblade33 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:59 pm

Pottstd wrote:We dont have to give up on this matchup just because Amos is redshirting. We could see him enter any number of tournaments WVU and Adams may be at as well. (This is assuming the season happens at all/happens in a way similar to normal years). The Southern Schuffle is a possibility. The Hokie Open, etc. While Wisconsin does not often appear to send teams or individuals to these tournamenst (at least that I know of), this is all theoretical and for fun anyway.

Regardless, how cool is it of the possibility that home grown WV’ians could be dominating that NCAA weight class for several years. Too bad the NCAA’s didn’t get to play out this year to kick off the string I hope to see for the present and future.

Heath

Postby Heath » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:55 pm

The big question to me is can Amos honestly make 197 this year? Or even in the future. Wisconsin is loading up at the upper weights. If he could make the weight and feel good there then I'm sure it'd be a battle.

Wish they both had the flying wv on their singlets tho.

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:30 pm

Heath wrote:The big question to me is can Amos honestly make 197 this year? Or even in the future. Wisconsin is loading up at the upper weights. If he could make the weight and feel good there then I'm sure it'd be a battle.

Wish they both had the flying wv on their singlets tho.

Heath, you obviously underestimate the discipline and motivation of Braxton. He cut to
202 for the World trials in Akron, Ohio his Junior year without a problem. He will make weight at 197 at Wisconsin and he will be successful too.
Moderator WV Mat

Return to “High School Wrestling”