Upcoming Season

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
matcoach90

Upcoming Season

Postby matcoach90 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:15 am

So, is the WVSSAC even discussing the upcoming season and scenarios... moving to spring, how to hold duals, tournaments etc. with the current climate? Are they planning several different options and have them ready to go depending on the status of covid and flu season together? When will we know something? I know, I'm impatient.

forthekids

Re: Upcoming Season

Postby forthekids » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:39 am

The yearly rules meeting for officials is Sunday at the SSAC office. I am sure we will have some idea what will transpire. Then it will probably change numerous times :D

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:32 pm

forthekids wrote:The yearly rules meeting for officials is Sunday at the SSAC office. I am sure we will have some idea what will transpire. Then it will probably change numerous times :D

This is true.

Jhiestand

Postby Jhiestand » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:58 pm

So, I have heard nothing about the upcoming wrestling season. Is it safe to say, that most of us are in the same boat. Waiting and wondering??

JustSomeone

Postby JustSomeone » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:40 pm

Word is, season is on. Ton of procedures to adhere to. Best of the luck to the coaches keeping it all together. Dual, tri, or quad only as of now. At least we have a season!

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:57 am

Wonder how they'll get around qualifying for states if we can't have large tournaments? Or can states even be held based on that rule?

TheBoxer

Postby TheBoxer » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:57 am

matcoach90 wrote:Wonder how they'll get around qualifying for states if we can't have large tournaments? Or can states even be held based on that rule?

I think they mean no large tournaments in season. But i could be wrong. My wife does say that happens from time to time.

mgr1980

Postby mgr1980 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:25 am

First and number 1 I really hope there is a season this year for the wrestlers. Second I really hope somehow fans that are not actually related to any of the wrestlers can attend. I miss attending high school football games this fall as for me its kind of a prelude for wrestling season.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:52 pm

mgr1980 wrote:First and number 1 I really hope there is a season this year for the wrestlers. Second I really hope somehow fans that are not actually related to any of the wrestlers can attend. I miss attending high school football games this fall as for me its kind of a prelude for wrestling season.

I will be uncle Gator to many of this year’s wrestlers!
Moderator WV Mat

aaacoach6

Postby aaacoach6 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:57 pm

Better make that grandpa Gator. Uncles aren't allowed in either...from the WV Dept of Education website.
https://wvde.us/school-reentry-metrics-protocols/
Green Minimal Community Transmission
Athletic & Extra-curricular Activity Guidance
Athletic and extra-curricular activities permit immediate household family members and grandparents.

:(

Gator

Postby Gator » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:01 pm

aaacoach6 wrote:Better make that grandpa Gator. Uncles aren't allowed in either...from the WV Dept of Education website.
Athletic and extra-curricular activities permit immediate household family members and grandparents.

Dang! Well, I am actually a proud grandpa to my 11 year old grandson, Cayden, so I’ll be Pap Gator to many! :D
Moderator WV Mat

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:20 am

Gator wrote:
aaacoach6 wrote:Better make that grandpa Gator. Uncles aren't allowed in either...from the WV Dept of Education website.

Dang! Well, I am actually a proud grandpa to my 11 year old grandson, Cayden, so I’ll be Pap Gator to many! :D

Maybe one more assistant “coach” at South is possible?
Moderator WV Mat

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:43 am

Gator wrote:
Gator wrote:

Maybe one more assistant “coach” at South is possible?

I was wondering if any of the wrestler's families was looking for a boarder for the season :D .
It's just not clear if they would have to legally adopt me.

Return to “High School Wrestling”