Wrestling season delayed until Jan. 11

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Beast

Wrestling season delayed until Jan. 11

Postby Beast » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:48 pm

wvuptc

Re: Wrestling season delayed until Jan. 11

Postby wvuptc » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:05 pm

The wrestling community needs to fight this decison IMO otherwise, January 11 is just a made up day. We need to get something set up as coaches, parents, wrestlers and fans to show that we need a season! We are the best at keeping things and people clean. Let us do our jobs! If someone gets sick, we follow the procedures already set forth.

If not allowed - please delete my post!

WV Bub

Postby WV Bub » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:29 pm

I’m all for doing this the right way, but we can’t ignore the fact that numbers are rising rapidly.

Wrestling isn't a sport where you can take days off. We can’t afford to have these wrestlers to be in and out of the room and then maintain a weight, keep good conditioning and compete at a high-level.

At the beginning of the fall sports the numbers were significantly lower. I don’t agree with the inconsistency of Justice pushing us back and letting fall sports continue. If we’re postponing one we should postpone all.

We all want a season, but we need a safe season. The numbers from now through the beginning of the year will probably be through the roof.

Why can’t we have a 6 week season?

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:33 pm

The quote from the governor's address
"But he said winter sports would not start until Jan. 11.
Even at that, he said he couldn’t imagine how wrestling would work with social distancing requirements."
That does not sound good
But how would it work with basketball? Everyone has to guard from 6 feet?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:34 pm

How is football able to happen and go on? I am sure the linemen still ram into each other on every play. You cannot tackle anybody from 6 feet away.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

uknowme

Postby uknowme » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:45 pm

Bearhugger wrote:How is football able to happen and go on? I am sure the linemen still ram into each other on every play. You cannot tackle anybody from 6 feet away.

I am not 100% sure, but I think it has to do with football being an outdoor sport and wrestling being indoors. At least that what it sounded like when Bernie Dolan was on Talkline about the situation.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:20 pm

Every wrestling match I have ever seen only had two participants on the mat. In football, I have seen five, eight to over eleven players piled in together on a tackle.

Do the football players stand 6 feet apart on the sidelines during games?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”