Prayers

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
forthekids

Prayers

Postby forthekids » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:20 am

The wrestling community lost a dear friend and great ambassador to the sport. Long time official Ken McWilliams passed last night. He was a class act who will be sadly missed. Prayers to his family. RIP my friend the sport will miss you and I will cherish the memories.

KSRefBP

Re: Prayers

Postby KSRefBP » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:53 am

Prayers to the McWilliams family. My first state tournament, I was in Ken's rotation on Thursday night. I didn't really know him that well prior to that, but he did everything he could to calm my nerves, boost my confidence, and provide me with constructive criticism and guidance throughout the weekend. I'm thankful I got that opportunity to pick his brain, get to know him, and establish a friendship with him over the next few years. Rest in peace, Ken.

Brian
Brian Pauley
Retired Kanawha Southern Wrestling Official
KS1845

soupbone

Postby soupbone » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:37 pm

God bless Kenny and his family! Ken was a very good friend and an excellent official. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. He worked the Park Duals for me for over 20 years, I have seen in person what a great man and official he was! Coach Shaffer

aacoach62

Postby aacoach62 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:24 pm

Thoughts and prayers to the McWilliams family. Ken was defiantly a class act on and off the mat. Talked to Ken many, many times at tournaments over the years. I always enjoyed our conversations. Ken was an outstanding official, always willing to discuss why he called something the way he did.

Lloyd Christmas

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:16 pm

Great ref. Better Person!

Campion

Postby Campion » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:52 pm

Thoughts and Prayers to his family

aaacoach20

Postby aaacoach20 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:47 pm

Prayers to the McWilliams Family. Well said, Ken was an outstanding official but a better person. Ken was an honest, hard working, neutral official who had no bias'. He only wanted to call it fairly for the kids and the integrity of the sport. When he made a tough call, I may not have agreed with it but I respected it's origin. A great man will be missed.

Rob Archer
Huntington

aacoach92

Postby aacoach92 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:53 pm

Prayers to the family. Rob said it best Ken was a great person and a better official. I believe Ken was probably the only official that I couldn't argue with about a call. Every time I would try he would have a hell of a reason why he called it that way and it was always in the best interest of the wrestlers..I truly feel he cared about the safety of the kids first no matter what..He will be truly missed from the wrestling family...

Richard Harper
Herbert Hoover

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:25 pm

A void in the wrestling arena!

Kenny was a great man and official.

RIP friend.....
Moderator WV Mat

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:05 pm

Please, please keep Kenny’s wife and daughters in your prayers. After several of us visited the funeral home Wednesday evening, they are suffering with his loss deeply. It was terrible! Thank you everyone!
Moderator WV Mat

Return to “High School Wrestling”