Bear Tracks - 152 to 170 - Edition 2

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Bear Tracks - 152 to 170 - Edition 2

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:56 pm

BEAR TRACKS 2021 – New World Disorder

Edition 2

Date of Issue: March 11, 2021

Weight Classes: 152 to 170

UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS & POT STIRRING INGREDIENTS:
1. STQ2 = State Tournament Qualifier that made it to the blood round, thus won two matches at the state tournament. All of the returning STQ2 wrestlers have been ranked if their weight class can be verified.

2. RANK READY is a new category added. This will be given to one wrestler per weight class, per classification, if applicable. This wrestler currently does not meet the ranking criteria because their schedule simply hasn’t given them the opportunity. However, the wrestler is deemed to be in the top 10 now.

3. STQ1 = State Tournament Qualifier that won one match at the state tournament. These wrestlers are currently ranked only if they meet the other ranking criteria.

4. STQ = State Tournament Qualifier that did not win a match at the state tournament. These wrestlers are currently ranked only if they meet the other ranking criteria.

Ranking Overview:
• Wrestlers are ranked based on how they placed at last season’s state tournament.
• Non-placing wrestlers get ranked for wins over returning state placers.
• Non-placing wrestlers get ranked for close losses to returning state placers.
• Non-placing wrestlers now get ranked for significant performance such as winning a tournament or placing well in a more substantial tournament.
• As matches occur, head to head wins drive the ranking train.
• Returning state tournament qualifiers have to do something significant this season to get ranked.
• Due to social distancing requirements, Bear Tracks will now be broken down into four different weight class ranges. Based on previous years’ feedback, many of you watch one or two weight classes very closely.

AA/A 152
1. Freeman, Point Pleasant, Champion, R4
2. R. Burnside, Doddridge County, STQ2, R2
3. Clark, Berkeley Springs, STQ1, R1
4. Baldwin, Hoover, STQ2, R3

AAA 152
1. Mitchell, Wheeling Park, Runner Up, R1
2. Dodson, Spring Mills, 5th in state, R1

152 Pound for Pound: TBD

152 RANK READY:

152 Significant matches:
1. Clark won the Max Horz Tournament
2. Freeman pinned Baldwin

AA/A 160
1. Bartee, Point Pleasant, Champion, R4
2. Powell, Wirt County, 5th in state, R4
3. E. Thompson, Berkeley Springs, STQ, R1

AAA 160
1. Quiocho, Parkersburg South, Champion, R4
2. Holstion, Riverside, 3rd in state, R3
3. Starkey, Bridgeport, 4th in state, R1
4. Wellings-Osha, University, 4th in state, R1
5. Piner, Greenbrier East, 4th in state, R3
6. Jackson, Spring Mills, 6th in state, R2

160 Pound for Pound: Quiocho vs Bartee slated for this coming weekend.

160 RANK READY:

160 Significant Matches:
1. E. Thompson won Max Horz Tournament.
2. Holstion d. Piner 9-3
3. Wellings-Osha d Thompson 3-1

AA/A 170
1. Adams, Independence, 3rd in state, R3
2. Wilson, Point Pleasant, 2nd in state, R4
3. P. Thompson, Berkeley Springs, 4th in state, R1
4. Paletti, Braxton County, STQ2, R2
5. Knight, Doddridge County, STQ1, R2
6. Boron, St. Mary’s, NA, R1
7. Scott, Fairmont Senior, STQ2, R1
8. Heinrich, Oak Glen, NA, R1

AAA 170
1. Summers, Bridgeport, 3rd in state, R1
2. Childers, Parkersburg South, STQ2, R4
3. Hagedorn, University, 6th in state, R1
4. Angel, Wheeling Park, 6th in state, R1
5. Anderson, George Washington, 6th in state, R3

170 Pound for Pound:

170 RANK READY:

170 Significant Matches:
1. Adams d. Wilson 8-3
2. Wilson d. Henrich 6-4
3. Wilson d Boron 4-3
4. Boron pinned Scott
5. P. Thompson won Max Horz Tournament
6. Childers TF Anderson 17-1
7. P. Thompson d Henrich 4-1
8. Adams d Henrich 11-3
9. P. Thompson d Hagedorn 9-7
10. Hagedorn d Henrich 8-4
11. Knight d Boron 3-1
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

matcoach90

Re: Bear Tracks - 152 to 170 - Edition 2

Postby matcoach90 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:00 pm

In 170 AA... I heard Scott was unconscious when the ref allowed him to be pinned by Boron... just for clarification. Sounds like it should have been a loss by injury default.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:24 pm

matcoach90 wrote:In 170 AA... I heard Scott was unconscious when the ref allowed him to be pinned by Boron... just for clarification. Sounds like it should have been a loss by injury default.

I will not argue with you. I am merely ranking wrestlers based on the results I read.

The outcome of the match should have been debated at the time of the match. Especially since these two wrestlers are in the same region.

Using Bear Tracks as it stands today, Boron and Scott are on course to be the the #2 and #3 seeds at 170 in AA/A region 1. If so, they can sort all this out on the mat.

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:22 am

Bearhugger wrote:
matcoach90 wrote:In 170 AA... I heard Scott was unconscious when the ref allowed him to be pinned by Boron... just for clarification. Sounds like it should have been a loss by injury default.

I will not argue with you. I am merely ranking wrestlers based on the results I read.

The outcome of the match should have been debated at the time of the match. Especially since these two wrestlers are in the same region.

Using Bear Tracks as it stands today, Boron and Scott are on course to be the the #2 and #3 seeds at 170 in AA/A region 1. If so, they can sort all this out on the mat.

No argument... you have to report on the scores posted. Apparently it was a really good match up until that point. Just providing some context to the actual match outcome. Good overall analysis as always.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:21 pm

matcoach90 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

No argument... you have to report on the scores posted. Apparently it was a really good match up until that point. Just providing some context to the actual match outcome. Good overall analysis as always.

Prior to seeing the results, I did hear that Scott had gotten knocked out in a match. Heck, anything can happen to any of us after we get knocked out. I hope he is well and back on the mat by now.

Return to “High School Wrestling”