Monday Night Fights

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
oroyos

Monday Night Fights

Postby oroyos » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:48 am

Anyone know who won the Spring Valley/ Cabell Midland dual?

mscoach26

Re: Monday Night Fights

Postby mscoach26 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:13 pm

Only going on pure hearsay. I was told that the138 match went to double overtime. The SV guy escaped and thought he had won. But ... there were about 15 seconds left on the clock. While the SV guy celebrated, the CM kid took him down as time expired and won the match. Several SV guys took exception and charged the mat attacking the CM guy. One of Midland’s coaches went onto the mat to try to calm things down and was assaulted by an SV wrestler. The dual was completely stopped at that point. Word is hefty suspensions will be enforced- maybe for one or both teams. I do not know if this is accurate or not but that’s what was related to me by another coach.

oroyos

Postby oroyos » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:19 pm

Live action!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:15 pm

mscoach26 wrote:Only going on pure hearsay. I was told that the138 match went to double overtime. The SV guy escaped and thought he had won. But ... there were about 15 seconds left on the clock. While the SV guy celebrated, the CM kid took him down as time expired and won the match. Several SV guys took exception and charged the mat attacking the CM guy. One of Midland’s coaches went onto the mat to try to calm things down and was assaulted by an SV wrestler. The dual was completely stopped at that point. Word is hefty suspensions will be enforced- maybe for one or both teams. I do not know if this is accurate or not but that’s what was related to me by another coach.

Based on actual video coverage received here at Bear Tracks headquarters by one of our many covert field reporters, the story you have outlined can be substantiated.

The video does not verify weight classes. However, the field reporter did state it was 138. Celebration happened and was then followed up by a takedown.

More coverage shows a "Georgia Championship Wrestling Pier 6 Brawl" style situation erupted between the two teams.

If this is what the future of our great sport is becoming, I suggest we call in some "special guest referees from out of town".

I think all of these requirements to wear masks has altered some people's imaginations and now they think they are "from parts unknown" and the rules do not apply to them.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:58 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
mscoach26 wrote:Only going on pure hearsay. I was told that the138 match went to double overtime. The SV guy escaped and thought he had won. But ... there were about 15 seconds left on the clock. While the SV guy celebrated, the CM kid took him down as time expired and won the match. Several SV guys took exception and charged the mat attacking the CM guy. One of Midland’s coaches went onto the mat to try to calm things down and was assaulted by an SV wrestler. The dual was completely stopped at that point. Word is hefty suspensions will be enforced- maybe for one or both teams. I do not know if this is accurate or not but that’s what was related to me by another coach.

Based on actual video coverage received here at Bear Tracks headquarters by one of our many covert field reporters, the story you have outlined can be substantiated.

The video does not verify weight classes. However, the field reporter did state it was 138. Celebration happened and was then followed up by a takedown.

More coverage shows a "Georgia Championship Wrestling Pier 6 Brawl" style situation erupted between the two teams.

If this is what the future of our great sport is becoming, I suggest we call in some "special guest referees from out of town".

I think all of these requirements to wear masks has altered some people's imaginations and now they think they are "from parts unknown" and the rules do not apply to them.

Are you referring to the video on Facebook :lol: :lol:

“Beware the ringworm!”
-Mark Zuckerberg

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:05 am

I know this isn't being helpful, but on this one I just couldn't resist. What's the word I'm looking for.... oh yeah, it's "DUH".

mscoach26

Postby mscoach26 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:41 pm

Got a link to that video? Always down to watch a slobberknocker! I was told you could hear Glass break and Stone Cold’s music at one point!

Return to “High School Wrestling”