WSAZ ON TV

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Mythreesons

WSAZ ON TV

Postby Mythreesons » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:12 pm

How come a tournament sponsored by, and named after a TV station isn't televised? This makes no since to me at all. The Z's one of the largest wrestling tournaments in WV isn't on "The Wrestling Tourney", Track Wrestling, or NHFS network. The High School Sports Network has had several WV high school sporting events that have streamed on their website Football, Basketball, Baseball, and Cheerleading. As a wrestling community we should try to do more to promote our sport. I know a bunch of the people on WV MAT already do a lot for wrestling in WV, but we need to come up with ways to get more people involved

Pin the red

Re: WSAZ ON TV

Postby Pin the red » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Archer wants to sell tickets to the wrestling tournament that's why it's not televised.

Panther_coach

Postby Panther_coach » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:12 pm

I did the TV broadcast on the internet of the state tournament last year, along with one other broadcaster. It was virtually an impossible task. We just had to each talk about one of the matches going on - I did AAA and Caoch Holley did AA-A. All the mats were shown though and we had to constantly try to switch back and forth between all the matches taking place, plus give results, tell who was coming up on what mat,etc. That Internet telecast was freely archived so coaches and wrestlers could go back and watch their matches after the event concluded. There were many, many fewer wrestlers (as well as fewer mats) at the State Tournament than there are at WSAZ. You would need a camera for each mat and a broadcaster for each mat along with a way to switch between them for the viewer. For this, they would have to charge a fee such as Flo-Pro or Trackwrestling does. I do not think it is a matter of selling tickets but rather a matter of logistics. Plus, we had to run a dedicated Internet line into the Civic Center to carry the feed. The signal is notoriously weak there as we found out when Doc tried to do the Twitter feed and I am sure it is worse now since a fire downtown took out one of the relay towers earlier this year (along with my favorite pizza place, sigh). It would be nice for those who can not attend in person but would really be a bear to set up and quite a costly undertaking.
After all is said and done, all was said and done!
I have retired but not expired!

jsams

Postby jsams » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:33 pm

Not sure what all it took to do, but the nhfs broadcast of the OVAC last week was perfect. With the twitter updates and the broadcast I never missed a south match

Panther_coach

Postby Panther_coach » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:42 pm

It was the NFHS broadcast we did at the State last year and Doc had the Twitter feed going. I can tell you though, it's a task and a half.
After all is said and done, all was said and done!
I have retired but not expired!

Mythreesons

Postby Mythreesons » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:31 am

I think they could televise the finals. That would be great to see!!

coach999

Postby coach999 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:20 am

Does anyone know if there is a link or website to watch last years WSAZs finals matches?

Return to “High School Wrestling”