AA State refs

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Og Bears fan

AA State refs

Postby Og Bears fan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:03 pm

It’s obvious the refs don’t like the northern panhandle. Bad call after bad call. It’s a shame politics even play a role in high school wrestling.

Doyablameme?

Re: AA State refs

Postby Doyablameme? » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:22 am

Yeah, I heard those ol refs got together at an undisclosed location and decided to do everything in their power to screw over the northern kids. It ain’t right and I for one have had enough of it! Consequently, I will be formulating a petition in the coming months to present to the WVSSAC, Huntington Chamber of Commerce , Big Jim Justice and maybe even CNN. It’s gonna stop bro.

aacoach141

Postby aacoach141 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:25 am

Idk, I felt like there were some bad calls but overall I left feeling pretty decent about the performance of the officials. I thought they called stalling a little quick in certain circumstances but they were consistent and that's all I really ask for. There was a no takedown call in the finals where a wrestler jumped off the mat to avoid being taken down. I personally felt like it was a takedown but I could see why they didn't call it. My issue concerning that no call is there wasn't a fleeing the mat or stalling call either. The kid legit jumped a good 6+ ft to get off the mat to avoid giving up the takedown, probably should have had some sort of call there but other than that, great job officials.

wv16refgk

Postby wv16refgk » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:49 am

Amen!!GK

wv16refgk

Postby wv16refgk » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:59 am

Amen!! There are no one-leg takedowns in wrestling!!! I was there for four days and i thought that overall the officiating was very good and as you stated pretty consistent which is all you can ask for!! Many coaches commented to me that the refs did a good job!! As always a few calls were questioned but that's wrestling!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”