Ian Bush

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
indywvu

Ian Bush

Postby indywvu » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:05 pm

According to FloWrestling, he is a WVU commitment. Can anybody confirm? WVU needs some uppers. If true, they will have 2 solid pickups in class of 2022.

Bearhugger

Re: Ian Bush

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:53 pm

indywvu wrote:According to FloWrestling, he is a WVU commitment. Can anybody confirm? WVU needs some uppers. If true, they will have 2 solid pickups in class of 2022.

His commitment to WVU was also posted on Facebook.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:05 pm

Ian Bush is in a position to have a stellar senior year.

1. As a returning state champion, he will once again be a clear front runner to finish on top of the podium again. At a quick glance, I do not know who has a chance of beating him.

2. To expand, he is also a strong contender for the Single A Most Outstanding Wrestler Award.

3. Using the returning underclassmen data for AA/A, Cameron is the top Single A team in terms of returning points. I do not see as many single A teams contending for the team title like we saw last season.

State title
MOW
Team Title

The chances are very strong. Good luck.

mscoach57

Postby mscoach57 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:05 pm

Congratulations to Ian, the Bush family and Cameron. Looking forward to a great performance next weekend at Super 32. I see that he is at 182 again this year. What weight does Ian project for in college 174?184?197?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:02 pm

mscoach57 wrote:Congratulations to Ian, the Bush family and Cameron. Looking forward to a great performance next weekend at Super 32. I see that he is at 182 again this year. What weight does Ian project for in college 174?184?197?

Hopefully 184 or 197. GO BIG!!!!!

Pottstd

Postby Pottstd » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:18 pm

I think I am late to the party here, but this seems pretty much confirmed. Bush to WVU.

I think this is a spectacular fit all the way around. Bush is a fantastic, in-state talent. The kind that WVU needs to routinely keep. While he may not have the national level resume of some recent WV wrestlers (Amos (honestly who does have this type of resume?), Roberts, Best, etc.) I honestly believe his best days of wrestling are ahead of him. I had just returned to the area when Bush was a freshman and the strides he has made in those years have been astounding. My interactions with him also show that he is a wonderful young man and hard worker. He will truly be an asset to WVU. Particularly in weight classes (174-197) that the need it.

Congratulations and I wish you a stellar senior year and collegiate wrestling career.

Return to “High School Wrestling”