Wrestling family

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
coach_stump

Wrestling family

Postby coach_stump » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:18 pm

RIP Jeff Medley. I just read this today and offer late condolences to the family.

KSRefBP

Re: Wrestling family

Postby KSRefBP » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:08 am

Coach Stump

Jeff was family for me and on top of that, we grew up together. From kindergarten through college, we constantly found ways to get into trouble. Jeff was the official I always looked up to. He had great mechanics. Made great calls. Was always in great position. And just looked the part and looked great out on the mat. Uniform perfect, etc.

He was a great official and an even better person. Please keep his wife, his mother, and his brothers in your thoughts and prayers.

Brian
Brian Pauley
Retired Kanawha Southern Wrestling Official
KS1845

Campion

Postby Campion » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:50 am

RIP Jeff… prayers for his family and friends.

wiseone

Postby wiseone » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:34 am

RIP Jeff Medley.
A long time official and great guy and one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to know. I worked a few WVV State Tournaments with him and his professionalism was outstanding. As Coach Stump said above I echo his comments in that Jeff was an excellent official. His poise and rules application as well as his sense of humor made working with him a good time.

My prayers and condolences to his family.

wv16refgk

Postby wv16refgk » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:50 am

My prayers and condolences go out to the family and friends of Jeff!! He was one of the great ones!! He was an outstanding official, great friend and more importantly a great person!! He, Jeremy Callen and I traveled all over to officiate and was like family to all of us in the Kanawha Southern Board!! His dedication to the sport of wrestling was evident from the time he began officiating! He was very professional in his approach to the sport and wanted to strive to be as good as he could be for not only the wrestlers but additionally for the coaches and fellow officials he worked with!!! Rest in peace my friend!!!! GK

Return to “High School Wrestling”