AAA 182 x 52 & WSAZ

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

AAA 182 x 52 & WSAZ

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:02 pm

I have never seen anything like the AAA 182 pound weight class. I was talking with some "TrueSouthFans" last night. I think we all agreed that 182 in AAA is crazy.

I think we could run the state tournament 52 weeks in a row and the order on the podium would change each week.

Not to beat around the BUSH, let's look at the WSAZ at 182.

1. Excluding any out of state 182 that could disrupt things and not knowing what the seeding criteria is, we very well could see Cameron's Bush as the #1 seed going against this "who is better today" mix of AAA 182s.

2. Huntington's Misner has defeated Edge and Nixon. He hasn't wrestled any of the other top 182 to my knowledge. He could land in the #2 seed slot.

3. South's Edwards has wins over Edge and Giompalo. However, a loss to Nixon very well could cause him to be the #3 seed.

4. Cabell Midland's Giompalo could fall into the #4 position with two wins over Edge and a recent loss to Edwards.

5. Edge very well could be your 5th seed. If so, we could see Edge vs Giompalo 3 in the quarter finals.

6. University's Taylor might come in at #6 but he should not be overlooked. Last night, Giompalo decisioned Taylor 7 to 2 and Edward decisioned him 4 to 2. The order of matches was Giompalo vs Taylor. Then Giompalo vs Edwards. Lastly Edwards vs Taylor.

Now lets look at some other details. Winfield's Howell, Greenbrier West's Vandall, Nicholas County's Jones, Bridgeport's Carnes and Woodrow Wilson's Jones are invited to the WSAZ. Perhaps one of these guys have the perfect record of wins and losses to disrupt the possible seeding arrangement mentioned above. Better yet, maybe one, two or three of these guys catch somebody looking ahead and give them a one way ticket to the consolation round????

Another scenario could be Gage Wright enters the WSAZ as a South JV 182 to see how he does in the mix.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhugger

Re: AAA 182 x 52 & WSAZ

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:04 pm

One more addition regarding common opponents. Misner has been defeated by Parkersburg's Howard. Edge has defeated Howard.

crochog93

Postby crochog93 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:02 am

Bearhugger wrote:I have never seen anything like the AAA 182 pound weight class. I was talking with some "TrueSouthFans" last night. I think we all agreed that 182 in AAA is crazy.

I think we could run the state tournament 52 weeks in a row and the order on the podium would change each week.

1. Excluding any out of state 182 that could disrupt things and not knowing what the seeding criteria is, we very well could see Cameron's Bush as the #1 seed going against this "who is better today" mix of AAA 182s.

2. Huntington's Misner has defeated Edge and Nixon. He hasn't wrestled any of the other top 182 to my knowledge. He could land in the #2 seed slot.

3. South's Edwards has wins over Edge and Giompalo. However, a loss to Nixon very well could cause him to be the #3 seed.

4. Cabell Midland's Giompalo could fall into the #4 position with two wins over Edge and a recent loss to Edwards.

5. Edge very well could be your 5th seed. If so, we could see Edge vs Giompalo 3 in the quarter finals.

6. University's Taylor might come in at #6 but he should not be overlooked. Last night, Giompalo decisioned Taylor 7 to 2 and Edward decisioned him 4 to 2. The order of matches was Giompalo vs Taylor. Then Giompalo vs Edwards. Lastly Edwards vs Taylor.

Now lets look at some other details. Winfield's Howell, Greenbrier West's Vandall, Nicholas County's Jones, Bridgeport's Carnes and Woodrow Wilson's Jones are invited to the WSAZ. Perhaps one of these guys have the perfect record of wins and losses to disrupt the possible seeding arrangement mentioned above. Better yet, maybe one, two or three of these guys catch somebody looking ahead and give them a one way ticket to the consolation round????

Another scenario could be Gage Wright enters the WSAZ as a South JV 182 to see how he does in the mix.

Unless something has changed, seeding criteria is :
1 head to head
2 common opponents
3 wsaz champ same weight
4 wsaz champ different weight
5 wsaz placer same weight
6 wsaz placer different weight
7 overall Win loss record / Win %

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:20 am

crochog93 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:I have never seen anything like the AAA 182 pound weight class. I was talking with some "TrueSouthFans" last night. I think we all agreed that 182 in AAA is crazy.

1 head to head
2 common opponents
3 wsaz champ same weight

Two points:

1. Wasn't returning state champion and state place winner in the criteria too?

2. I believe something else was used in seeding the last WSAZ. What, I do not know.

I do not understand why everything is such a secret. We wonder why participation is down. There could be 10 reasons. One of which is parents and fans do not know what is going on because of the lack of communication.

crochog93

Postby crochog93 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:38 am

Bearhugger wrote:
crochog93 wrote:

1 head to head
2 common opponents
3 wsaz champ same weight

Two points:

1. Wasn't returning state champion and state place winner in the criteria too?

2. I believe something else was used in seeding the last WSAZ. What, I do not know.

I do not understand why everything is such a secret. We wonder why participation is down. There could be 10 reasons. One of which is parents and fans do not know what is going on because of the lack of communication.

Sorry. Left state champ and placer out. 100% confirmed criteria is below.

1 head to head
2 common opponents
3 state champ same weight
4 state champ different weight
5 state placer same weight
6 state placer different weight
7 wsaz champ same weight
8 wsaz champ different weight
9 wsaz placer same weight
10 wsaz placer different weight
11 overall Win loss record / Win %

pensmat

Postby pensmat » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:06 pm

If this criteria is 100% confirmed, then what happened at 182?
Not that it matters much, 1 & 2 will both see each other in the finals, but both state champs, Bush was champ at same weight.
The only common opponent that Wright would have is if he beat McDanel, and I doubt that happened.
I don’t care either way, but I saw some of the comments on the mat time post and it does have me wondering?
Anyone at the meeting know how Bush went 2?

Return to “High School Wrestling”