Individual Region predictions A/AA and AAA

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
standincoach

Individual Region predictions A/AA and AAA

Postby standincoach » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:12 pm

Im assuming top 4 make it to the State tournament? Anyone have any top 4 predications from each region?
Last edited by standincoach on Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

realsouthfaninpburg

Re: Region predictions

Postby realsouthfaninpburg » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:23 pm

Region 1
Wheeling Park
University
John Marshall
Buckhannon

Region 2

Spring Mills
Washington
Musselman
Jefferson

Region 3
Woodrow Wilson
Riverside
Saint Albans
George Washington

Region 4

Parkersburg South
Cabell Midland
Huntington
Parkersburg

standincoach

Postby standincoach » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:35 am

Please forgive my confusion, the upcoming regional tournaments are a TEAM thing? I asked about the predictions because I assumed it was an individual tournament to prepare for and to seed the state tournament?

beachbum1234

Postby beachbum1234 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:07 am

standincoach wrote:Please forgive my confusion, the upcoming regional tournaments are a TEAM thing? I asked about the predictions because I assumed it was an individual tournament to prepare for and to seed the state tournament?

It is an individual tournament but through that you place in your regional tournament as a team. If you win your regional as a team that really has nothing to do with the state tournament.

Top 4 individuals from each weight class go into the state tournament.

South83

Postby South83 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:25 am

Region 1 (The good ole days!)
Parkersburg South
Wheeling Park
University
John Marshall

Region 2
Parkersburg South
Spring Mills
Washington
Musselman

Region 3
Parkersburg South
Woodrow Wilson
Riverside
Saint Albans

Region 4
Parkersburg South
Cabell Midland
Huntington
Parkersburg

standincoach

Postby standincoach » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:57 am

beachbum1234 wrote:
standincoach wrote:Please forgive my confusion, the upcoming regional tournaments are a TEAM thing? I asked about the predictions because I assumed it was an individual tournament to prepare for and to seed the state tournament?

It is an individual tournament but through that you place in your regional tournament as a team. If you win your regional as a team that really has nothing to do with the state tournament.

Top 4 individuals from each weight class go into the state tournament.

Ok thats what I was thinking and was hoping for the individual predictions.

figure4match

Postby figure4match » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:30 pm

Well I guess just give the trophy to South. They were beaten in the OVAC, Brook Classic and finished 2nd behind Point at WSAZ. Plus, PS has lost a couple of head to head matches too within the state. It has to make you laugh for the few in Parkersburg that feel that they are untouchable when it comes to the state tournament. I guess Bearhugger says it best "The Cream will rise to the Top".

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:57 pm

figure4match wrote:Well I guess just give the trophy to South. They were beaten in the OVAC, Brook Classic and finished 2nd behind Point at WSAZ. Plus, PS has lost a couple of head to head matches too within the state. It has to make you laugh for the few in Parkersburg that feel that they are untouchable when it comes to the state tournament. I guess Bearhugger says it best "The Cream will rise to the Top".

I took it as a funny joke!
But it's always good to exude confidence.
However, the state tournament, from a team standpoint, should actually be fun and interesting, after so many years without any drama.
Wheeling Park does appear to be in the driver's seat, so it's theirs to lose.

As for the original posters actual request for the top 4 individual placers from each region in each weight class, that's a lot bigger job than just giving projected team finishes. And of course we all know that South can't really compete and win all 4 regions in the same day.

(PS If I'm not mistaken, I believe Bearhugger might actually disagree with the "cream will rise to the top" statement and be on the side of those who are in favor of seeding the state tournament and not using the pill)
Last edited by KDunbar on Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

South83

Re: Individual Region predictions A/AA and AAA

Postby South83 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:10 pm

Definitely a joke. I just figured we need to laugh a little more. I think it is going to be a great state tournament. Of course, I am pulling for South but I can't wait to see how it all plays out. A lot of good teams. As Coach Oldham always said, "State Championships are won in the consolations."

Return to “High School Wrestling”