Parade of Champions

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Parade of Champions

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:39 pm

Cue the theme from Rocky.

Why do we do the Parade of Champions for the finals?

Why don't we do the Parade of Champions for the semifinals instead?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

mscoach4

Re: Parade of Champions

Postby mscoach4 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:16 am

Time to change up the music,,,, maybe "Centuries" by fall out boy

armyscot0873

Postby armyscot0873 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:04 am

Bearhugger because it is the parade of Champions. They are in the Championship. It would make absolutely no sense to do semi-finals. Would you change the name to parade of semi-finalists? Kind of sounds like you are suggesting a participation trophy. If you are going to do semi-finalists why not just make it a parade for all wrestlers that made it to states and do it at the very beginning of the tournament?

beachbum1234

Postby beachbum1234 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:43 pm

armyscot0873 wrote:Bearhugger because it is the parade of Champions. They are in the Championship. It would make absolutely no sense to do semi-finals. Would you change the name to parade of semi-finalists? Kind of sounds like you are suggesting a participation trophy. If you are going to do semi-finalists why not just make it a parade for all wrestlers that made it to states and do it at the very beginning of the tournament?

I think he was using sarcasm to bang the drum on the seeding the state tournament so the "best" get to the finals.

armyscot0873

Postby armyscot0873 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:55 pm

beachbum1234 wrote:
armyscot0873 wrote:Bearhugger because it is the parade of Champions. They are in the Championship. It would make absolutely no sense to do semi-finals. Would you change the name to parade of semi-finalists? Kind of sounds like you are suggesting a participation trophy. If you are going to do semi-finalists why not just make it a parade for all wrestlers that made it to states and do it at the very beginning of the tournament?

I think he was using sarcasm to bang the drum on the seeding the state tournament so the "best" get to the finals.

I think you are right and figured it might be a dig at the pill. However, being that it was Bearhugger you never know for sure.

Panther_coach

Postby Panther_coach » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:16 pm

As long as Coach Archer does all the work, he gets to pick the music! Tradition is motivation. Fall Out Boy indeed.
After all is said and done, all was said and done!
I have retired but not expired!

Return to “High School Wrestling”