1 out of 108

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

1 out of 108

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:15 pm

The word on the street and the shifting in the brackets reveal to me that a few wrestlers didn't make weight at a higher rate than 1 out of 108. I hate it for them. However, let's applaud the 5th placers who kept their weight under control since regionals just in case they could get in.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Doyablameme?

Re: 1 out of 108

Postby Doyablameme? » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:13 pm

Who are the 5th placers that kept their weight under control as u speak?

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:37 pm

I see 1 empty slot on the entire bracket including both divisions. I guess the 5th place wrestler was not on hand at 106 in AAA unless his name was "void"

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:16 am

if a wrestler doesn't make weight, it is a forfeit. There is no substituting at that point. He showed up, weighed in, and was DQed.

If a wrestler is withdrawn before the tournament, their spot can be filled by someone else.

I do not know the circumstances for Thursday nights forfeits.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:34 am

Ask around.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:46 am

brentsams wrote:if a wrestler doesn't make weight, it is a forfeit. There is no substituting at that point. He showed up, weighed in, and was DQed.

If a wrestler is withdrawn before the tournament, their spot can be filled by someone else.

At 106 a AAA wrestler did not make weight and thus the forfeit, although they did shift the bracket to move all place finishers up from that region. That seems a little strange with respects to the "no substituting" rule you are citing. At 113 AAA they made an overhead announcement for any AAA 5th place regional wrestler in the 113 weight class and it looks like Kain Price of Ripley was the lucky one in attendance. The one interesting thing is I'm pretty sure he weighed in after they were already past weighing in everyone in that weight class, if that usually is an issue.

To Bearhugger's point, I don't know the number of these kind of issues in AA/A, but there were only 2 in AAA, so that is only one extra compared to last year that i'm aware of. Although with Brent's point above, it is confusing because I thought the original topic and count was regarding the number of wrestlers who failed to make weight last year, not how many just didn't show up, but I might be wrong.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:47 am

brentsams wrote:if a wrestler doesn't make weight, it is a forfeit. There is no substituting at that point. He showed up, weighed in, and was DQed.

At 106 a AAA wrestler did not make weight and thus the forfeit, although they did shift the bracket to move all place finishers up from that region. That seems a little strange with respects to the "no substituting" rule you are citing. At 113 AAA they made an overhead announcement for any AAA 5th place regional wrestler in the 113 weight class and it looks like Kain Price of Ripley was the lucky one in attendance. The one interesting thing is I'm pretty sure he weighed in after they were already past weighing in everyone in that weight class, if that usually is an issue.

To Bearhugger's point, I don't know the number of these kind of issues in AA/A, but there were only 2 in AAA, so that is only one extra compared to last year that i'm aware of. Although with Brent's point above, it is confusing because I thought the original topic and count was regarding the number of wrestlers who failed to make weight last year, not how many just didn't show up, but I might be wrong.

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:20 am

What happened at 138 with Jones' forfeit?
KDunbar wrote:

Campion

Postby Campion » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:10 am

A 126 AA/A didn’t make weight.

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:28 am

“ these things, much like life itself, will never be perfect”

realsouthfaninpburg

Postby realsouthfaninpburg » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:00 am

It's an AAA not a AAA Ken. :roll:

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:23 am

Regardless, the math has changed. 1 out of 108 no longer applies.

I also predict this trend will increase next season and for seasons to come.

We had plenty of quick pins Thursday night. If we didn't call up the "alternates", Thursday night could be shut down.

Prices have gone up. Nobody is going to pay to watch an evening of forfeit collecting. We see enough of that during the season.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:22 am

realsouthfaninpburg wrote:It's an AAA not a AAA Ken. :roll:

You are saying "an AAA", whersas I was saying " a triple A".

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:43 am

Not that it is important, but I couldn't figure out where the 108 came from. There are 14 weight classes in the 2 divisions with 16 in each weight class, so there are 448 chances of someone not making weight (plus the alternates present that would have to do so) . But Brent indicated that the kid's not making weights spots can't be filled.

Apparently the 138 in AAA that Jones from PS didn't face made weight but didn't wrestle first round as he was listed in the brackets and consolations.

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:15 pm

Bearhugger wrote:Regardless, the math has changed. 1 out of 108 no longer applies.

I also predict this trend will increase next season and for seasons to come.

We had plenty of quick pins Thursday night. If we didn't call up the "alternates", Thursday night could be shut down.

Prices have gone up. Nobody is going to pay to watch an evening of forfeit collecting. We see enough of that during the season.

Do u want some cheese?

realsouthfaninpburg

Postby realsouthfaninpburg » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:33 pm

Then you should of said a triple AAA instead of a AAA Ken. :roll:

figure4match

Postby figure4match » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:40 am

What happened to AAA 132 that lost in quarters. Did he not make weight? Forfeit in consolidations.

Return to “High School Wrestling”