Rules and situations

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Doyablameme?

Re: Rules and situations

Postby Doyablameme? » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:48 am

wiseone wrote:Dave, you are right about the statement I made about the f word in your post. I was wrong as I thought I read it as that. I stand corrected.

Brent, I used "in my book" only as a figure of speech. Not to declare that the rule book is interpreted by me as such. Whether we are agreeing or not and it appears as though some of you gents do not, the "f-word" has no place in the wrestling area.

As for the situation I related in my previous post if memory serves me there was no 3rd place awarded that year and the 4th place wrestler had already lost the match so he stayed at 4th place? If memory serves me.

Doyoublameme?
No sir I was not there. I was made aware of the incident by my friend. I trust his judgement and his skill on the mat as well as off of it.

Bearhugger,
Your enthusiasm for the sport is well known and I'm certain that there are wrestling fans around the state that appreciate your work on keeping the uninformed aware of the comings and goings of the wrestling community. That being said what I said in my Hall of Fame speech was my way of calming myself in a very rewarding but stressful 5 minutes. Wrestling officials around the state meet several times during the preseason and during the season to "get it right". Do we/they always get it right? No. Nobody is perfect. Wrestling officiating is one aspect of life where we are expected to start perfect and get better. Doesn't always happen. I did not badmouth anyone let alone name names. The "f word" problem should be handled in all sports consistently. Is it? I doubt it?

I believe that nowhere in my previous post did I criticize a coach, a kid, or an official. Have I disagreed with calls by other officials? Yes I have. Have I talked about those calls with them trying to see their reason for them? Yes! As Secretary of my association (Ohio Valley Wrestling Officials) for 14 years it was my responsibility to educate and train new officials and deal with the problems that may have occurred from poor or wrong application and judgment. Did I always get it right on the mat? Nope! And for those moments I did not get the honor and privilege of working the States a couple of years.

Wiseone/Ray Marling

I kinda figured you were indeed NOT there and did NOT witness the match in question.
Wiseone rule #1: make sure u witnessed said match before commenting on the specifics of said match.

Return to “High School Wrestling”