Individual Career Team Points Record at the State Tournament

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Individual Career Team Points Record at the State Tournament

Postby Bearhugger » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:39 pm

Four time state champion x pinning his way through all four years = Individual Career Team Points Record at the State Tournament.

Four time state champion Josh Humphreys pinned 15 out of 16 state tournament opponents. The lone survivor lost by decision.

Two time state champion Gage Wright has pinned 7 out of 8 state tournament opponents. The lone survivor lost by major decision. Two more seasons to go.

All other four timers in the past 14 seasons didn't come close to Humphreys.

Has any 4x state champion ever pinned their way through all four years/16 matches?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

ringworm14

Re: Individual Career Team Points Record at the State Tournament

Postby ringworm14 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:59 pm

Bearhugger wrote:Four time state champion x pinning his way through all four years = Individual Career Team Points Record at the State Tournament.

Four time state champion Josh Humphreys pinned 15 out of 16 state tournament opponents. The lone survivor lost by decision.

Two time state champion Gage Wright has pinned 7 out of 8 state tournament opponents. The lone survivor lost by major decision. Two more seasons to go.

Has any 4x state champion ever pinned their way through all four years/16 matches?

Definitely some inaccuracies here with this post.. Someone can check my math, but it appears we have a tie for career points at the state tournament, at least within the time period you have referenced anyways. Please, anyone feel free to double check me. I also haven't gone back and done advanced research on the older 4 timers yet, so the jury's still out on that one.

A four timer could score 30 points per year, or 120 points in their career at the state tournament...

Upon review, Josh Humphreys had 13 falls, 2 forfeits, and 1 decision at the state tournament, with a total of 118 career points scored.
9th grade, 30 points (4 falls) - 10th grade, 28 points (3 falls, 1 decision) - 11th grade 30 points (3 falls, 1 forfeit - 12th grade, 30 points (3 falls, 1 forfeit)

Derek Raike finished with 13 falls, 2 tech falls, and 1 major decision during his career at the state tournament, also amassing a total of 118 points.
9th grade, 29 points (3 falls, 1 major) - 10th grade, 29.5 points (3 falls, 1 tech) - 11th grade, 29.5 (3 falls, 1 tech) - 12th grade 30 points ( 4 falls)

Dylan Cottrell is close behind those two with 116.5 points. He had 11 pins, 3 tech falls, and 2 majors at the state tournament.

"Watch out for the ringworm!"
Tom Brady

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:33 pm

ringworm14 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:Four time state champion x pinning his way through all four years = Individual Career Team Points Record at the State Tournament.

Definitely some inaccuracies here with this post.. Someone can check my math, but it appears we have a tie for career points at the state tournament, at least within the time period you have referenced anyways. Please, anyone feel free to double check me. I also haven't gone back and done advanced research on the older 4 timers yet, so the jury's still out on that one.

A four timer could score 30 points per year, or 120 points in their career at the state tournament...

Upon review, Josh Humphreys had 13 falls, 2 forfeits, and 1 decision at the state tournament, with a total of 118 career points scored.
9th grade, 30 points (4 falls) - 10th grade, 28 points (3 falls, 1 decision) - 11th grade 30 points (3 falls, 1 forfeit - 12th grade, 30 points (3 falls, 1 forfeit)

Derek Raike finished with 13 falls, 2 tech falls, and 1 major decision during his career at the state tournament, also amassing a total of 118 points.
9th grade, 29 points (3 falls, 1 major) - 10th grade, 29.5 points (3 falls, 1 tech) - 11th grade, 29.5 (3 falls, 1 tech) - 12th grade 30 points ( 4 falls)

Dylan Cottrell is close behind those two with 116.5 points. He had 11 pins, 3 tech falls, and 2 majors at the state tournament.

"Watch out for the ringworm!"
Tom Brady

I was in error on Josh Humphreys. I knew he only went the distance once and it was his Sophomore year. He won 6 to 0 against a wrestler from Greenbrier East.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Letsgooo

Postby Letsgooo » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:08 am

Sometimes you write a message only for this site to ask you to sign in again and erase your post.

Anyway it’s a cool record to have. Humphrey is a beast especially on top. He def fits the Lehigh, mat wrestling, mold.

How about a grad transfer to wvu so he can train with Hall. Would be a nasty 157/165 combo.

Return to “High School Wrestling”