Bear Tracks - 215 to 285 Edition 5

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Bear Tracks - 215 to 285 Edition 5

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:43 pm

BEAR TRACKS 2022 - 2023

Edition – 5

Date of Issue: January 19, 2023
1. Wrestlers are ranked per established criteria. Ranking will change as head to head matches occur, wrestlers change weight classes and when a wrestler enters into action.
2. Regional rankings have been implemented.

Weight Classes: 215 to 285

AA/A 215
1 Casto Clay County
2 Vandall Greenbrier West
3 Worstell Nitro
4 Helm East Fairmont
5 Martin Wheeling Central
6 Burnside Doddridge County
7 Moffitt Point Pleasant
8 Wilt Berkeley Springs
9 Bishop Braxton County

REGION 1
1 Helm East Fairmont
2 Martin Wheeling Central
3 Wilt Berkeley Springs
4 Anderson Keyser

REGION 2
1 Casto Clay County
2 Burnside Doddridge County
3 Bishop Braxton County
4 Carson Lewis County

REGION 3
1 Vandall Greenbrier West
2 Cox Independence
3 Goff Hoover
4 ?????????

REGION 4
1 Worstell Nitro
2 Moffitt Point Pleasant
3 Kuhl Winfield
4 Stump Calhoun

AA/A 285
1 Weaver Point Pleasant
2 Arbogast Fairmont Senior
3 McLaughlin Braxton County
4 Isom Independence
5 Wagstaff St. Mary’s
6 Facemire Braxton County JV
7 Morris Clay County
8 Ohlinger Wahama
9 Huffman Winfield

REGION 1
1 Arbogast Fairmont Senior
2 Wagstaff St Mary’s
3 Keating Keyser
4 ?????????

REGION 2
1 McLaughlin Braxton County
2 Morris Clay County
3 ?????????????
4 ????????????

REGION 3
1 Isom Independence
2 Matney Pikeview
3 Franklin Greenbrier West
4 Steenburgh Hoover

REGION 4
1 Weaver Point Pleasant
2 Ohlinger Wahama
3 Huffman Winfield
4 Burge Williamstown

AAA 215
1 Kehler University
2 Brothers Wheeling Park
3 Morris Parkersburg South
4 Mullins Greenbrier East
5 Allen St. Albans
6 Truman Oak Hill
7 Edwards Cabell Midland
8 ???????????

REGION 1
1 Kehler University
2 Brothers Wheeling Park
3 Haskiell Preston County
4 ??????????

REGION 2
1 ????????????
2 ???????????
3 ??????????
4 ???????????

REGION 3
1 Mullins Greenbrier East
2 Allen St. Albans
3 Truman Oak Hill
4 ?????????????

REGION 4
1 Morris Parkersburg South
2 Edwards Cabell Midland
3 Pyles Spring Valley
4 ???????????

AAA 285
1 Summers Bridgeport
2 Hastings University
3 Arthur Parkersburg South
4 McCann Spring Valley
5 Adkins Huntington
6 Means Wheeling Park
7 Hasenbuhler Martinsburg
8 Staub Hampshire
9 Naylor Oak Hill
10 Williams Spring Mills
11 Roberts Greenbrier East
12 Wright John Marshall

REGION 1
1 Summers Bridgeport
2 Hastings University
3 Means Wheeling Park
4 Wright John Marshall

REGION 2
1 Hasenbuhler Martinsburg
2 Staub Hampshire
3 Williams Spring Mills
4 Kojo Washington

REGION 3
1 Roberts Greenbrier East
2 Naylor Oak Hill
3 Mighty Lopez St. Albans
4 ????????

REGION 4
1 Arthur Parkersburg South
2 McCann Spring Valley
3 Adkins Huntington
4 Duffy Hurricane
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Letsgooo

Re: Bear Tracks - 215 to 285 Edition 5

Postby Letsgooo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:42 am

Would Brothers have a better shot at a 4th title at HW?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:19 pm

Letsgooo wrote:Would Brothers have a better shot at a 4th title at HW?

Time is running out to test the 285 waters. If he had the available weight ins, he could have entered the WSAZ at 285. The seeding meeting is today at 2pm I heard. Somebody better make some calls.

On the other hand, the OVAC showed us that the AAA WV Team title is a close race. If Brothers went 285, that would shove out a ranked wrestler that WP needs for team points.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:52 pm

Bearhugger wrote:

Time is running out to test the 285 waters. If he had the available weight ins, he could have entered the WSAZ at 285. The seeding meeting is today at 2pm I heard. Somebody better make some calls.

On the other hand, the OVAC showed us that the AAA WV Team title is a close race. If Brothers went 285, that would shove out a ranked wrestler that WP needs for team points.

I agree with the above thought. The move would only be the attempt to win another individual title and would not help towards the team title. It would only be a gain of 4 team points, if he won, and would lose at least that much figuring the replacements score at 215 compared to the likely point score of the current 285. However, I do think it would be a better chance, comparatively, but the projected winner at 285 has speed, strength and agility as his strong attributes and not just size, so the match up would not be ideal and one would need to be in very good shape while also giving up considerable weight. As far as weigh ins, I believe Park has about 17 thus far and only have about 5 or so left and I also believe one has to have at least half of all weigh ins at the weight one wrestles at the regionals. Thus it is possibly actually a moot point.

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:34 am

KDunbar wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

I agree with the above thought. The move would only be the attempt to win another individual title and would not help towards the team title. It would only be a gain of 4 team points, if he won, and would lose at least that much figuring the replacements score at 215 compared to the likely point score of the current 285. However, I do think it would be a better chance, comparatively, but the projected winner at 285 has speed, strength and agility as his strong attributes and not just size, so the match up would not be ideal and one would need to be in very good shape while also giving up considerable weight. As far as weigh ins, I believe Park has about 17 thus far and only have about 5 or so left and I also believe one has to have at least half of all weigh ins at the weight one wrestles at the regionals. Thus it is possibly actually a moot point.

Brothers could wait until regionals to wrestle heavyweight. The half of the weigh ins at a weight is if you’re dropping.

Good example i can think of in recent time is raike jumping up to 160 last year. Woyan had at least half or more of his weigh ins at 152 he so could drop. But didn’t matter for raike who was bumping up.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:34 pm

ringworm14 wrote:
KDunbar wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Brothers could wait until regionals to wrestle heavyweight. The half of the weigh ins at a weight is if you’re dropping.

Good example i can think of in recent time is raike jumping up to 160 last year. Woyan had at least half or more of his weigh ins at 152 he so could drop. But didn’t matter for raike who was bumping up.

I knew I wasn't totally certain of the exact rules. Thanks for the correct information.

Return to “High School Wrestling”